last movie you watched

sonicjams

Atomic Homefront, a documentary on HBO. There's a landfill dump near the St. Louis airport where radioactive waste from the Manhattan Project was buried, just in dirt and sand, for decades. Of course it's leaked out to the surrounding neighborhoods, many of the people are quite ill and no one wants to take responsibility.

Thumbs up for the grassroots activism; thumbs down to corporate America.

• Like 1

The Talented Mr Ripley (10/10)

My boyfriend had never seen this before. He loved it but not as much as I do. Easily one of my top movies ever!

• Like 2

Lincoln.

Great casting, fantastic performances, but in the end a less than fully-engaging film experience for me. Just not dynamic enough, as compared to, say, Darkest Hour.

Black Panther

Good, not great. A respectable addition to the MCU. Boseman’s perfect for the role.

Also, any comedy that was there fit fine so I was pleased they didn’t force any jokes like Thor Ragnarok.

Grade: B

Does Andy Serkis know how to steal a scene or what? He was great as always.

• Like 1

Black Panther

Good, not great. A respectable addition to the MCU. Boseman’s perfect for the role.

Also, any comedy that was there fit fine so I was pleased they didn’t force any jokes like Thor Ragnarok.

Yeah, he did well in there. :yes:

Other...

I suspected there’d be a Black Panther flashback. Given the timeline of the MCU, I was hoping there’d be one of (for example) T’Challa’s grandpa as Panther running into a then new Captain America in WW2. Like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z3UxrgHV74&sns=em

Actually, I think something like this can still be done in future MCU Black Panther flicks. That is, IF Cap dies in Infinity War, flashbacks of this nature can “bring him back”. And the fun of Rogers’ Cap and Chris Evans can still be had.

Characters like Panther, Cap, and Thor are flexible due to their slow aging and, in Panther’s case, the succession of Wakanda kings over the years.

Black Panther

Other...

I suspected there’d be a Black Panther flashback. Given the timeline of the MCU, I was hoping there’d be one of (for example) T’Challa’s grandpa as Panther running into a then new Captain America in WW2. Like this:

Actually, I think something like this can still be done in future MCU Black Panther flicks. That is, IF Cap dies in Infinity War, flashbacks of this nature can “bring him back”. And the fun of Rogers’ Cap and Chris Evans can still be had.

Characters like Panther, Cap, and Thor are flexible due to their slow aging and, in Panther’s case, the succession of Wakanda kings over the years.

oh i forgot to voice my opinion, lol. totally forgot.

I thought it was good too. i think the public overdid it with the praise a bit much.

i loved Serkis and the main villain as well. I enjoyed that this was a more serious movie after Thor.......which i loved but i'm glad they pulled back here.

I really enjoyed that the Characters were ALL really likeable. and surprise........had very meaningful conversations with each other.

I did think it might have been a bit to slow in spots.

i go B as well.

yea the public really did over do it a bit, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Black Panther

Other...

oh i forgot to voice my opinion, lol. totally forgot.

I thought it was good too. i think the public overdid it with the praise a bit much.

i loved Serkis and the main villain as well. I enjoyed that this was a more serious movie after Thor.......which i loved but i'm glad they pulled back here.

I really enjoyed that the Characters were ALL really likeable. and surprise........had very meaningful conversations with each other.

I did think it might have been a bit to slow in spots.

i go B as well.

yea the public really did over do it a bit, lol

Mick

:yes:

And the actress who plays Panther’s ex-gf is a superbabe! She’s up there in fineness with Scarlett Johansson’s rump!!!

• Like 1

Rock_star_ver1.jpg

I know this film is "bad", but I love it!

• Like 2

Godfather, Godfather 2.

That's my family, Kay. It's not me.

[Years pass]

I'll change. I've learned that I have the strength to change.

• Like 1