What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

Winds of War by Herman Wouk

I really want to read this! How is it?

Winds of War by Herman Wouk

I really want to read this! How is it?

I like it quite a lot. Good character development and I am learning loads I didn't know about WWII. I am planning to read the sequel War and Remembrance after I finish and it is huge. I have read War and Peace and Les Miserables so I can do it I think. :laughing guy:

Tad Williams: Memory, Sorrow and Thorn: Book 3, Pt. 1: To Green Angel Tower: Siege

Well I am still heavily engrossed in this series, which for some reason is taking me forever to read. Excellent stuff, but not for the fainthearted: this is basically Tolstoy, but in comparisin, this comes off even more long winded!

10/10

Edited by Segue Myles

Jasmine, by Bharati Mukherjee. For my Critical Approaches to Literature course.

It's actually a really interesting read. Bonus if you live or have lived in Nebraska or Iowa.

Cormac McCarthy's The Road. A stark, interesting take on a post-apocalyptic world.

I read this a few years ago. I enjoyed it very much, Cormac McCarthy is a one of a kind authour!

I havent read a book in um

What year is it?

Underworld by DeLilo is looking at me from a shelf. Should I dive in??

Yes, I think you should! You may have noticed that I read it last year; I was certainly not disappointed!

Cormac McCarthy's The Road. A stark, interesting take on a post-apocalyptic world.

I read this a few years ago. I enjoyed it very much, Cormac McCarthy is a one of a kind authour!

He's about as consistently great an author as you can find. So descriptive...and he really develops characters.
  • Like 1