What are you reading?

Jack Aubrey

http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1320527907l/11713.jpg

I had an excellent time with this

Afterwards, I watched the trailer for the movie adaptation

While it was apparently critically acclaimed, I don't think I'll watch it. I liked the visuals my mind created.

• Like 5

Just finished reading The 5th Wave.

Currently reading Neil Peart's book Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider was a necessary read for me. I like the deeper understanding of The Troubles during that time

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 2

I am still reading Tad Williams epic Shadowplay, part two of the Shadowmarch sequence. And it is getting dark.

So to complement it, I started on the side a smaller, fairly quaint series called The Dark Is Rising. One of the finest works of children's literature ever, first published in the sixties it is highly recommended for fans of Narnia or Harry Potter.

So right now I am reading:

Shadowplay- Tad Williams

Over Sea, Under Stone- Susan Cooper

Both are fantastic.

Edited by Segue Myles

I read Any Known Blood and also The Illegal by Lawrence Hill. Because I met him. He is the songwriter Dan Hill's brother.

Just finished reading The 5th Wave.

Currently reading Neil Peart's book Ghost Rider.

Ghost Rider was a necessary read for me. I like the deeper understanding of The Troubles during that time

I didn't know that Neil was an authority on Irish history.

Shaman's Crossing by Robin Hobb, first book in the Soldier's Son trilogy.

She is on my radar after Tad Williams. Strongly think she may be a major addiction in time!

She is on my radar after Tad Williams. Strongly think she may be a major addiction in time!

OMG, yes! This trilogy seems to be a different world/characters than the other books, which are all somewhat related. I think there were 11 of them, and I sped through them and was sad when they were done. I'll reread them after a year or two have passed.

• Like 1

OMG, yes! This trilogy seems to be a different world/characters than the other books, which are all somewhat related. I think there were 11 of them, and I sped through them and was sad when they were done. I'll reread them after a year or two have passed.

When I was about fourteen, I had all the Robin Hobb books that were published up to that point. I honestly really wanted to read then but I NEVER found the time, I sold them.

Now, twelve years on I keep hearing how good they were and I regret so much of the rubbish I read in the meantime haha!

I will have to fix that...

• Like 1