The Camera Eye V.S Natural Sciance

Soni

131 members have voted

1. 1. The Camera Eye V.S Natural Sciance

• The Camera Eye
    • Natural Sciance

Tie

Pretty much! :LOL: Yesterday I voted for and posted something about slightly preferring The Camera Eye blah blah blah, but today I listened to Natural Science, and, just...damn!

• Like 1

Was Natural Science originally going to be about King Arthur or Gawain or something? Or am I thinking of a different song?

Parts of the music, supposedly.

Here's a thread...

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/61872-sir-gawain-and-the-green-knight/

Edited by goose

I adore both songs but there's something about The Camera Eye that really does it for me. Maybe because it's a bit different than all their other songs (in a good way) while still being unmistakably Rush. I saw them perform this on the Time Machine Tour but sadly don't really remember the performance. Which just reinforces the thought that I need to see multiple shows on a tour to cement the memories.

I adore both songs but there's something about The Camera Eye that really does it for me. Maybe because it's a bit different than all their other songs (in a good way) while still being unmistakably Rush. I saw them perform this on the Time Machine Tour but sadly don't really remember the performance.

I remember it vividly. Alex's solo was amazing.

If you see this, I hope you're well. We miss you around here.

I’m sure I voted 14 years ago when the thread was made. But I didn’t see any comment from me. So, here it is:

Camera Eye gets an “A” grade, Natural Science gets an “A+” but the gap is big. Natural Science is my favorite Rush song of all time, absolute perfection musically and lyrically with the band at their peak abilities and enthusiasm.

• Like 1

Natural Science. Nowhere near close.

In my musical mind I've envisioned a "hard acoustic" version of NS, a'la Michael Hedges.

Natural Science is the correct answer. I’ll accept your money at lunch for letting you copy off of me.

Natural Science is one of the greatest musical accomplishments of all time, whereas The Camera Eye is not even my favourite from Moving Pictures.
  • Like 1

Natural Science is one of the greatest musical accomplishments of all time, whereas The Camera Eye is not even my favourite from Moving Pictures.

:yes:
  • Like 1