Will Neil Peart's bank account render this subforum relevant again one day?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 snowdogged

snowdogged

Ultimate Time-Killing Sig

• Members *
  • 5157 posts
  • Interests:Yo momma

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:37 PM

View PostThunder Bay Rush, on 02 September 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

I have seen this "net worth" website and I find it very disturbing that people's personal wealth (or not) is out there for all to see.  How much money someone has (or not) is none of anyone's goddam business  but their own.  Also, I don't know how anyone could even know about someone's personal wealth.  Did someone call Neil and ask him?  Thank you, Internet.  And, no, I doubt very highly that Neil needs or wants more money.  He is a retired drummer.  Leave him alone.
These sites are not even accurate. They basically give educated guesses. They don't know how much money is being spent.

Sponsored Post

#22 theredtamasrule

theredtamasrule

The Elitist Booby Type

• Members
  • 9029 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

From an artist’s point of view the Vegas residency concept makes a ton of sense and probably makes for a nice stable income.

The fans come to them and they doesn’t get road weary, get to have a normal home life...sounds like a musician’s dream rather than whoring out (though it can be).

#23 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6092 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

I have seen this "net worth" website and I find it very disturbing that people's personal wealth (or not) is out there for all to see.  How much money someone has (or not) is none of anyone's goddam business  but their own.  Also, I don't know how anyone could even know about someone's personal wealth.  Did someone call Neil and ask him?  Thank you, Internet.  And, no, I doubt very highly that Neil needs or wants more money.  He is a retired drummer.  Leave him alone.

FANBOIS ALERT!

Interestingly enough, many years ago a preacher told me that when he does marriage counseling, they'll tell you just about anything you'd want to know about anything, including potentially unusual sex stuff, but trying to get them to talk about their finances is like pulling teeth. Not sure why people are so reticent to talk about how much they make, but most folks are.

#24 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 26253 posts
  • Interests:The boys, cold ones, cracking, the latest fajita at Arby's, vigilante justice against unacceptable drivers

Posted 02 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 02 September 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

FANBOIS ALERT!

Interestingly enough, many years ago a preacher told me that when he does marriage counseling, they'll tell you just about anything you'd want to know about anything, including potentially unusual sex stuff, but trying to get them to talk about their finances is like pulling teeth. Not sure why people are so reticent to talk about how much they make, but most folks are.
Largely a US thing from what I understand.

I’ve had people ask me how much I make, and I’ll flat tell them if I know them reasonably well.

#25 blueschica

blueschica

What the Puck?

• Members
  • 7602 posts
  • Interests:Camping, gardening, muscle cars, NASCAR, Rush!

Posted 02 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostHemiBeers, on 01 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 01 September 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

I don’t think Neil had this much money twenty years ago:
https://www.google.c...et-worth/?amp=1

Besides, we actually make TRF relevant, not the band. Any relevance (or failure) of the board is on us, not the band.
If he does have that net worth (big IF, since those kind of websites are pretty dubious), then I don't see money motivating him whatsoever nor do I see the kind of huge money offers coming to the band. Grinding it through another R40 type tour just ain't gonna cut it. I'm hoping and thinking they have too much pride to lower themselves to a Vegas residency.

Once performers do the Vegas residency they've reached the total whore stage of their career.

The band also still has reasonable royalties coming in to buffer their net worth, unless they get stupid wasteful.
My sister (a huge Aerosmith fan back to the debut album) and I were just discussing this!  Is it the band selling out or no?  Some of what was said above about remaining in the same location must be very appealing when you get to be that age. It has turned Vegas into a must do trip for my sister, but shoot me if Rush or Keith Richards ever does it . . .

Edited by blueschica, 02 September 2018 - 06:55 PM.

#26 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 4574 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 02 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

View Postblueschica, on 02 September 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

View PostHemiBeers, on 01 September 2018 - 02:44 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 01 September 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

I don’t think Neil had this much money twenty years ago:
https://www.google.c...et-worth/?amp=1

Besides, we actually make TRF relevant, not the band. Any relevance (or failure) of the board is on us, not the band.
If he does have that net worth (big IF, since those kind of websites are pretty dubious), then I don't see money motivating him whatsoever nor do I see the kind of huge money offers coming to the band. Grinding it through another R40 type tour just ain't gonna cut it. I'm hoping and thinking they have too much pride to lower themselves to a Vegas residency.

Once performers do the Vegas residency they've reached the total whore stage of their career.

The band also still has reasonable royalties coming in to buffer their net worth, unless they get stupid wasteful.
My sister (a huge Aerosmith fan back to the debut album) and I were just discussing this!  Is it the band selling out or no?  Some of what was said above about remaining in the same location must be very appealing when you get to be that age. It has turned Vegas into a must do trip for my sister, but shoot me if Rush or Keith Richards ever does it . . .
The Vegas thing are for acts that have more mainstream popularity. I just can't see Rush drawing much in a Vegas setting. And I think the guys would feel like it's a slimy gratuitous sell-out. "hey see Rush tonight and get 50% off the buffet!" Nothing about Rush fits a Vegas residency. Edit: but speaking of gratuitous and slimy, there's always Ray Danniels.

When they tour, they always had to have a purpose for the tour, be it a new album or a creative way to address a milestone like R40. The only thing Vegas is about is chasing every last buck.

Edited by HemiBeers, 02 September 2018 - 07:09 PM.

#27 Pound of Obscure

Pound of Obscure

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1626 posts
  • Interests:Drums, basketball, P90X/Insanity

Posted 03 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

Worse than that, they tell everyone their height!!

Edited by Pound of Obscure, 03 September 2018 - 06:29 PM.

#28 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32221 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

View PostPound of Obscure, on 03 September 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

Worse than that, they tell everyone their height!!

Weight is next!

#29 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 28637 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

As to the thread title question, yes. Although his first attempt at contract negotiations will be demanding he appear only as a hologram.

#30 bathory

bathory

Book Würm

• Members *
  • 10672 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:53 PM

R40 was the last big payday

#31 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 26253 posts
  • Interests:The boys, cold ones, cracking, the latest fajita at Arby's, vigilante justice against unacceptable drivers

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:53 PM

View Postbathory, on 05 September 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

R40 was the last big payday
I'm sure a lot of non-North American fans were hoping it was the penultimate payday

#32 Oracle

Oracle

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2217 posts
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:21 PM

Who really cares about how much the dude has? The guy can live comfortably and nothing else really matters beyond that. People hoping that his personal finances get in bad shape so that he HAS to do another tour are the worst kind of people.

#33 Thunder Bay Rush

Thunder Bay Rush

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1236 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush, Rush, drums, living off-grid, fishing, hunting, cooking, gardening, raising and growing my own food! Farting in crowded elevators... silent or otherwise.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 06:07 AM

View PostOracle, on 06 September 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Who really cares about how much the dude has? The guy can live comfortably and nothing else really matters beyond that. People hoping that his personal finances get in bad shape so that he HAS to do another tour are the worst kind of people.
  You are exactly right.

#34 That One Guy

That One Guy

Straight Outta Sunnyvale

• Members *
  • 26253 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 01:42 AM

View PostJohnRogers, on 04 September 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

As to the thread title question, yes. Although his first attempt at contract negotiations will be demanding he appear only as a hologram.
They could put a line item in the ticket invoice for "20% Neil Peart Convincing Surcharge" and I'd pay it.

Edited by That One Guy, 08 September 2018 - 01:42 AM.

#35 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32221 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:40 AM

View PostThunder Bay Rush, on 07 September 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

You are exactly right.

I don’t think anyone in this thread really cares about how much money he has.

I also don’t think anyone in here actually wishes him financial ruin just to see another Rush gig.

#36 snowdogged

snowdogged

• Members *
  • 5157 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 07:44 PM

Amen to that! I myself, being a murderer and a rapist can also attest to the fact that those are the worst kind of people.

#37 Oracle

Oracle

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2217 posts
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:50 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 08 September 2018 - 03:40 AM, said:

View PostThunder Bay Rush, on 07 September 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

You are exactly right.

I don’t think anyone in this thread really cares about how much money he has.

I also don’t think anyone in here actually wishes him financial ruin just to see another Rush gig.

I don't think anyone HERE cares how much money he has, but I do believe there are many Rush fans out there who would drop everything to buy tickets to another show for any reason. I would hope no one, especially here, would wish financial hardship on anyone for any reason, famous musician or not. But there are bound to be folks out there who would love for it to happen JUST to say they got to see them for 150th time.

#38 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

The God Of Balance

• Members *
  • 6092 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:11 PM

View Postsnowdogged, on 08 September 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Amen to that! I myself, being a murderer and a rapist can also attest to the fact that those are the worst kind of people.

Was it the same person, if so, which happened first?

I can just about guarantee there are people who would be okay with NEP losing enough money that he'd be willing to make a new record and/or tour. The reason I believe that is because I know lots of people stated they hoped Trump was a failure so he'd get impeached, arrested or at least not re-elected. I suppose it didn't occur to them that if he failed, he might take the country with him.

#39 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 32221 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 09:49 PM

https://m.youtube.co...eature=youtu.be

#40 snowdogged

snowdogged

• Members *
  • 5157 posts

Posted 08 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 08 September 2018 - 09:11 PM, said:

View Postsnowdogged, on 08 September 2018 - 07:44 PM, said:

Was it the same person, if so, which happened first?

It's really hard to keep track of all of the murdering, raping and such when I am just too damn busy being disgusted by people who want Neil to lose all of his money.

WARNING!: Do not try this at home.

Edited by snowdogged, 08 September 2018 - 11:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users