Bands You're Obsessing Over Right Now

Big Country

Dear Lord, did this band write EPIC songs.

Stuart Adamson, a sad end and a sad loss.

Yes I loved Big Country in the 80s. Crazy what happened to the singer.

I'm currently obsessed with U2. I saw them in concert Wednesday and the next day started listening to them nonstop. Plus they have been one of my favorites since the 80s.

Edited by Leanne
  • Like 1

Lacuna Coil

Ghost

Paradise Lost

Lacuna Coil

Paradise Lost

Ghost

Beyoncè

The self titled and Lemonade are two of the greatest albums of the last decade. I know many people will tear the albums apart because of the number of writers/producers etc. But the results speak for themselves, and the two albums reflect the vision of one person. Beyoncé is the greatest "pop" star of this generation. Absolutely breathtaking albums. Throw in Dangerously In Love and you have my three favourite RnB albums of all time.

Lacuna Coil

Paradise Lost

Ghost

Beyoncè

The self titled and Lemonade are two of the greatest albums of the last decade. I know many people will tear the albums apart because of the number of writers/producers etc. But the results speak for themselves, and the two albums reflect the vision of one person. Beyoncé is the greatest "pop" star of this generation. Absolutely breathtaking albums. Throw in Dangerously In Love and you have my three favourite RnB albums of all time.

RnB?.........Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, BB King etc are RNB.......since when did that term get mixed up with hideously over produced super smooth acts?

• Like 2

Lacuna Coil

Paradise Lost

Ghost

Beyoncè

RnB?.........Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, BB King etc are RNB.......since when did that term get mixed up with hideously over produced super smooth acts?

I

I for one think Beyonce is woefully overrated. so i can't like this post enough.

Mick

• Like 2

Lacuna Coil

Paradise Lost

Ghost

Beyoncè

Whatever she is I prefer to anything you just posted.

Still Chicago. it's been a while since i've been a while since i've been Truly Obsessed with an artist. last was Saga. since then i've been bouncing from artist to artist. never really landing on one.

then a week back they played the entirety of Ballet for A Girl in Buchannon on satellite radio. i said well damn. i'm playing these dudes again.

the Terry Kath years had absolutely amazing music. Forget that You're the Inspiration BULLSHIT. Terry would has bitch slapped those guys if he heard that, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Still Chicago. it's been a while since i've been a while since i've been Truly Obsessed with an artist. last was Saga. since then i've been bouncing from artist to artist. never really landing on one.

then a week back they played the entirety of Ballet for A Girl in Buchannon on satellite radio. i said well damn. i'm playing these dudes again.

the Terry Kath years had absolutely amazing music. Forget that You're the Inspiration BULLSHIT. Terry would has bitch slapped those guys if he heard that, lol

Mick

The 80s stuff is well loved as well where I go to college, but I agree the 70s material is among the most unique and awesome catalogues in music.

• Like 1

Mick

The 80s stuff is well loved as well where I go to college, but I agree the 70s material is among the most unique and awesome catalogues in music.

it's not bad if you've never heard the 70's material.

but once you have it's like why bother with the 80's. plus the 80's stuff made cetera's head swell.

the record companies pushed him out front and Cetera took the front and took away the horns. And now Peter acts as if his time in rhe band never happened.

bad blood all around. bad look, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil

Paradise Lost

Ghost

Beyoncè

:wtf: :facepalm:
  • Like 2

Lacuna Coil

Paradise Lost

Ghost

Beyoncè

genre labels have really gotten out of hand in some cases. For instance, alternative used to make sense in the throughout the classic rock era, especially once it picked up in the 80s. Even into the grunge era alternative still made sense as grunge was a revolution of bringing the underground above ground, and alternative was still alternative to something. Nowadays though, if Imagine Dragons and Coldplay can be classified as alternative, I'm pretty sure the term has lost all real meaning. Same probably goes for rnb. It used to refer to one very specific style of music, now it refers to another which is in many way very unrelated to the former. It seems like new styles should have another option than being labeled under genre classifications that don't apply to them.

If BB King and Beyonce are both RnB, or if Coldplay and The Velvet Underground are both alternative, something has gone wrong with the genre system, no matter which artists you like and which you don't.

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil

Paradise Lost

Ghost

Beyoncè

genre labels have really gotten out of hand in some cases. For instance, alternative used to make sense in the throughout the classic rock era, especially once it picked up in the 80s. Even into the grunge era alternative still made sense as grunge was a revolution of bringing the underground above ground, and alternative was still alternative to something. Nowadays though, if Imagine Dragons and Coldplay can be classified as alternative, I'm pretty sure the term has lost all real meaning. Same probably goes for rnb. It used to refer to one very specific style of music, now it refers to another which is in many way very unrelated to the former. It seems like new styles should have another option than being labeled under genre classifications that don't apply to them.

If BB King and Beyonce are both RnB, or if Coldplay and The Velvet Underground are both alternative, something has gone wrong with the genre system, no matter which artists you like and which you don't.

I would never Classify beyonce as R n B . Not what i was brought up on as that Genre.

then again nor do i think King really goes there either.......... it's music, lol

it's gotten so convoluted.

Mick

• Like 1