What's the weather like right now?

jamie

My Wisconsin town:  Expected temps for Tuesday - Thursday:  100, 103, 99

:ohmy:  :ohmy:  :ohmy:

Yesterday we had the tropical storm from hurricane Hilary pass by. The Inland Empire (specifically Hemet, Perris, Riverside, Temecula, and Moreno Valley) was right in it's path, no city in SoCal is built to handle 3-6 inches of rain in 48 hours. Thankfully my neighborhood is flat, but there were flash floods everywhere else. The wind wasn't horrible, I only saw a couple of knocked over trash cans. I spent the day at home yesterday, safe with my family, and it was really nice. A little bit of rain and wind is actually a big deal here, I've just been lucky enough to be out of the way of flash floods and mud slides my whole life.

Edited by jamie
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, invisible airwave said:

Just found out on Valerie Bertinelli's (RIP EVH) Threads feed that on top of the storm, we had an earthquake centered in Ojai.  I'm just east of the L.A./SB county border so I didn't feel it anyways.  Stay safe.

I didn't feel anything in Perris.

23 minutes ago, jamie said:

Yesterday we had the tropical storm from hurricane Hilary pass by. The Inland Empire (specifically Hemet, Perris, Riverside, Temecula, and Moreno Valley) was right in it's path, no city in SoCal is built to handle 3-6 inches of rain in 48 hours. Thankfully my neighborhood is flat, but there were flash floods everywhere else. The wind wasn't horrible, I only saw a couple of knocked over trash cans. I spent the day at home yesterday, safe with my family, and it was really nice. A little bit of rain and wind is actually a big deal here, I've just been lucky enough to be out of the way of flash floods and mud slides my whole life.

Same in my city.  Just the normal flooding on a really rainy Winter day, nothing more.  That snowy weekend in late February was way more threatening here.

Rather fitting that COCAINE Bear opened on a SNOWY weekend.

• Like 1

Being totally unaware of meteorology and astronomy I learned yesterday that the Sun and the Moon can team up and sometimes cause a lot of havoc:

"When the moon is full, the sun and the moon are pulling in the same direction, which has the effect of increasing tides above normal ranges, said Kerry Emanuel, professor emeritus of atmospheric science at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology." https://time.com/6309756/supermoon-hurricane-idalia/

I hope everybody living in what was the impact area of Idalia is safe.

Here in Finlad it's cloudy and a little bit rainy/moist. No wind at all, 16 'C.

Rare 'blue' supermoon illuminates Maine.

What's even rarer—it's the second supermoon to happen in the same calendar month, which hasn't happened since 2018.
Very Bright !  Glad i was able to see it last night.  :thumbsup:

On 10/5/2023 at 12:34 AM, treeduck said:

76163167-0-image-a-26_1696429856422.jpg

Woohoo! Looks like where I live except we have black bears.

We're getting 77 and sunny today before it sinks to 50-60 and wet. Last warm dry day of the year.

On 10/16/2023 at 8:12 PM, goose said:

Indian summer, warm and beautiful with the turned leaves.  Can't believe that Nevada Day/Halloween is only two weeks away

And it's coming to an end.  By Saturday we'll have highs of 45F and lows of 18F.  Won't be making Saturday's Nevada Day parade, lol.

Flew from Chcago to Knoxville, Tennessee yesterday.  We flew through part of the huge storm front that pummeled Nashville and other towns.  A very bumpy ride.  We were tossed back and forth for a while.  Definitely not one of my funnest flights….:huh:

Gonna rain for the rest of the week which may have my half sister changing plans once I see her, my bil, niece and nephew from out of state Thursday.  They were planning to go to some botanical gardens place in Claremont (a block east of my high school) but it may have to be some indoors place as a substitute if it pours really hard.

Ironically, it may be up in the snow since I'm not too far from Mt. Baldy where Leonard Cohen (speaking of Canada) lived at some Buddhist monastery in the 90s.

Edited by invisible airwave

Expected temps for this weekend: 50's!  No chance of snow. 

I LOVE having a Green Christmas in Wisconsin!  Not one snowflake on the ground and no snow expected for the next 10 days. 

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

Expected temps for this weekend: 50's!  No chance of snow. 

I LOVE having a Green Christmas in Wisconsin!  Not one snowflake on the ground and no snow expected for the next 10 days. 

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Similar here.  High 40s to low 50s during the day, and no snow.  Quite a change from last year, and I'll be golfing instead of shoveling  :7up: