PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

Has there been any more news what he died from?

Never mind. I googled. Says he died in his elevator on his estate. Maybe complications from flu. I didn't know he was epileptic.

There's a rumor going around of the possibility he had cancer :(

Every broad named Nikki or Nicki has 100% chance of getting laid tonight :D-13:

I hate to do this, but TMZ is reporting even more SAD news....

....... Kanye West is alive and well

Disembodied Spirit, with all due respect to you, would you please show a little respect...people are more than a little saddened by this loss and you making "jokes" isn't really appropriate...thank you, I appreciate it.

In order to maintain some level of decorum, I'll only say, you've got to be kidding me. I'll bet no one here knew Prince personally. No one here knows any of his family. No one here is going to his funeral. If a joke is harming your delicate psyche, seek help.

People deal with death in different ways. A joke is a great way to bring some people back to reality when they are so absorbed in an event that really has nothing to do with any of us.

In other words, get over yourself.

• Like 3

Disembodied Spirit, with all due respect to you, would you please show a little respect...people are more than a little saddened by this loss and you making "jokes" isn't really appropriate...thank you, I appreciate it.

In order to maintain some level of decorum, I'll only say, you've got to be kidding me. I'll bet no one here knew Prince personally. No one here knows any of his family. No one here is going to his funeral. If a joke is harming your delicate psyche, seek help.

People deal with death in different ways. A joke is a great way to bring some people back to reality when they are so absorbed in an event that really has nothing to do with any of us.

Says the guy who used Himmler as his avatar.

Insensitive is your trademark.

• Like 2

Variety: Prince was reportedly treated for a drug overdose six days before his death on Thursday, according to TMZ.

Prince’s jet plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Ill., last Friday due to a medical emergency. His rep told Variety at the time that the singer was struggling with the flu.

According to the TMZ report, doctors gave Prince a “safe shot” after he was rushed to the hospital, something reportedly given to counteract the effects of opiates. Doctors apparently advised that Prince stay in the hospital for 24 hours — he left, however, after three hours.

Apparently he has put off double hip replacement for over 11 years due to not being able to have a blood transfusion (per his religion)....so I am guessing he is in a good deal of pain. The opiate use would make sense if this was so.

Also Prince was often seen hobbling and using a cane when not on stage, despite seeming spry on stage.

We'll see if Variety's report pans out in time, but pain management certainly does not seem out of the question.

Otherwise he was notoriously a teetotaler...

• Like 3

Prince, I'll miss you! And I knew you before I ever heard you! :) :rose:

I had a radio show in college at our little, beat up, low wattage college radio station located in 2 funky rooms over the post office. The broadcast room was decorated with all kinds of posters that arrived with promo records from different companies. There was a huge poster of a good looking guy named "Prince", dressed in a gold teeny Speedo, right near the microphone! His record probably got tossed or stolen as we never played anything remotely near upbeat or dance stuff but we always wondered (late 70's) who this guy Prince was?? The 80's came and we found out!! :)

• Like 4

ABC News just confirmed. They broke into their programming with a special report. I love his music and he was a groundbreaker- I used to work at a bank when Purple Rain came out and the drive thru had a music speaker. We used to turn it up really loudly when "When Doves Cry" and "Let's Go Crazy" came on, I can't even remember why. :) Good memories and music. RIP, Prince. :rose:

That's when I was a fan as well. After that, not so much.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/Screen%20Shot%202016-04-21%20at%209.43.49%20PM.png

In a cosmic coincidence, Niagara Falls is lit up Prince purple tonight in honor of Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday . . . . .

http://buffalo.com/2...onoring-prince/

• Like 5

I was lucky enough to see him last year in Louisville and Detroit for his Hit and Run tour. Never gonna forget those last few songs as part of the main set

Controversy

Little Red Corvette

Purple Rain

Now THAT was an experience. Feel so blessed to have seen him just jam on Purple Rain.

• Like 5

I’m glad I got to see him before he died. He was a very talented musician, performer, and artist. He also mentored a lot of other musicians. He quietly donated money to the family of Trayvon Martin. He was a selfless, humble, gifted man. It’s too bad his phenomenal career was eclipsed by Michael Jackson. He was often compared to Jimi Hendrix too. He was always an underrated musician. He broke a lot of boundaries and went places where his peers were scared to go (ex. Darling Nikki). I remember another song of his that was playing at midnight when I was at a New Year’s Eve party in 1999. I have so many memories of his music.

Edited by Boots
  • Like 3

Thank you.

I was outraged by the Kanye comment. That is a musician, son, brother, husband, father and friend to many; regardless of his public persona he is the centre of many people's lives.

Not to mention he's a self absorbed asshole.

Says the guy who used Himmler as his avatar.

Insensitive is your trademark.

:eyeroll:

ReGorLaTroy is the epitome of class on this forum, and you have a long way to go

So ... Mr Mao Zedong, I am sure you can understand when I say:

他妈的关闭

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

ReGorLaTroy is the epitome of class on this forum, and you have a long way to go

他妈的关闭

Oh you sure told him!!!

huh?

• Like 2

Can we still say artist formerly known as Prince? Is that insensitive? Too soon?

No but the Minnesota Vikings will honor the late singer by renaming their sports facility to..

"The Building Formerly Known as US Bank Stadium"

• Like 3

他妈的关闭

Oh you sure told him!!!

huh?

He should be able to understand Chinese

or perhaps it should be written in German, considering he was dressing up as Himmler for the longest time

Edited by Lucas

I hated Prince in the Eighties. Isn't that song by Dire Straits "That little faggott in the make up yeah that's his own hair." Money For Nothing right? Dicks I mean chicks for free!

I thought PRINCE was a total fruitcake. I still bought "Purple Rain." I hated it.

Well today I have a totally different admiration for the MAN.

I saw him three years ago with Sheila E and Prince blew my fukking mind into a billion pieces of skull and blood.

He is one of the greatest guitar players I have ever seen in my life. That dude could play!

So to shrug off the whole "g@y" f***** thing from the Eighties I am proud to say I respected Prince and I am soooooooo happy I saw him live once in my life.

He was BEYOND BEYOND!!

RIP PRINCE!

• Like 3

他妈的关闭

Oh you sure told him!!!

huh?

LOL!

I'm wondering if his death is related to his religion. He was a Jehovah's Witness and they don't do blood transfusions and such.

He died in an elevator at his home. I'm not sure how you're applying that situation to the need for a blood transfusion.

I'm wondering if his death is related to his religion. He was a Jehovah's Witness and they don't do blood transfusions and such.

He died in an elevator at his home. I'm not sure how you're applying that situation to the need for a blood transfusion.

Well that's a big thing right now. Apparently he's needed DOUBLE hip replacement SINCE 2005 and hasn't gotten that done because it requires transfusion, which as you point out his religion is against. He is on record saying he would only do it if they didn't transfuse, which, apparently, they won't do. Ok, hip...so what? But can you imagine the pain he's in? He puts on a good face on stage because the dude is the pro and gives his all, but he's OFTEN been seen using a cane in his personal life. Now that can be brushed off as an eccentric display, because it's Prince and he's often playing with fashion and style, so if he wants to be Mr. Peanut so be it...but the talk is that the cane was purposeful.

I don't believe there's anything in the JW religion that says you can't take pain management drugs and that's the speculation now. Lots of celebs (and normal folks, of course) have gone down dark roads on legally prescribed pain management meds. While a teetotaler Prince could have still developed an addiction or some other problems due to long-term use, or maybe if he truly had the flu, was he mixing treatment for that with pain management drugs?

Now this is all speculation, but it's not just thoughtless rumor either. It would make sense when you look at how his life is being led by his religiion and the choices he can and can't make because of it. We know he's had joint issues, which have to be painful. Of course the days and weeks ahead will tell, but I would NOT be shocked to hear that it was some weird reaction or resultant of mixed prescribed drugs or a physical reaction to pain management. You say "drugs" and everyone thinks "junkie"....but that's not the suggestion here.

He died in his elevator. Which means he pressed a button, got in...and in the 15-20 seconds it took to travel 2 or 3 floors (It's a sprawling building, but not that tall) he hit the deck and died. Something came over him very, very quickly at the end. Heart failure? We'll see.

I suspect it was more than just the flu.

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 3

So I live in this little town called Asheville, North Carolina. Was not born here, but I've lived here since 2001. Needless to say, Prince has NEVER played here. :D However...I stumbled across a newspaper article from our archives last night that tells the story of Prince coming to Asheville and buying a puppy. This really is a story perfectly in line with the eccentric and odd nature of the guy, from the impulse to the description of his attire. Anyhow, in the spirit of remembering Prince I wanted to share this article that even the most diehard Prince fan has probably never read....because it's Asheville and why would you have ever had the occasion...?

Enjoy :)

12524169_10154153778418236_3116920280480011971_n.jpg?oh=75915a294214d927b4950906cd9ab05d&oe=57764288

Edited by Presto-digitation
  • Like 3

His religion has nothing to do with his death.

I know many Witnesses who have had complex treatments and operations, and survived serious cancer battles.

• Like 2