PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

Apparently, he was addicted to Percocet.

My husband said he read last night it was a drug overdose.

Has anyone else here read that?

I heard that on MSN.
  • Like 1

My ex died in her sleep last year from overdose. oxy, xanax and about 4 other meds in her system. enough meds to kill a horse. #Evilevilshit

The thing about Witnesses/hip transplant issue will be hard to find the truth. He very well may have been like Steve Jobs and sort of 'self doctored' himself without any basis is realistic modern medicine. Having a strong independent streak, I could see him doing that.

from others around Prince, it's being reported that it wasn't a huge surprise. It wasn't really for my ex as well...that shit hooks you for life.

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Instruments played by Prince: electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, bass synth, singing bass, Fuzz bass, electric piano, acoustic piano, mini-Moog, poly-Moog, Arp string ensemble, Arp Pro Soloist, Oberheim four-voice, clavinet, drums, syndrums, water drums, slapsticks, bongos, congas, finger cymbals, wind chimes, orchestral bells, woodblocks, brush trap, tree bell, voice

Songs Prince wrote for others: Nothing Compares 2 U (Sinead O’Connor), Manic Monday (Bangles), How Come You Don't Call Me Anymore (Alicia Keys); also wrote songs for Madonna, Chaka Khan, Cyndi Lauper, Stevie Nicks, Celine Dion

People Prince helped: Vanity, Sheila E, Carmen Electra, Apollonia, Sheena Easton, Kim Basinger, Trayvon Martin’s family

Edited by Boots
  • Like 2

The reason was he had chronic hip problems from all the jumping around on stage with a guitar. More and more we're finding out that this kind of thing is not a good idea in the long term.

• Like 2

My ex died in her sleep last year from overdose. oxy, xanax and about 4 other meds in her system. enough meds to kill a horse. #Evilevilshit

The thing about Witnesses/hip transplant issue will be hard to find the truth. He very well may have been like Steve Jobs and sort of 'self doctored' himself without any basis is realistic modern medicine. Having a strong independent streak, I could see him doing that.

from others around Prince, it's being reported that it wasn't a huge surprise. It wasn't really for my ex as well...that shit hooks you for life.

i had a friend that did that too. Refused meds and believed whole-heartedly in the healing properties of herbs and vitamins. She was a vegetarian as well. Wound up having such a massive stroke that she spent the last eight or so years of her life without the ability to speak or walk. She was a brilliant woman in life. How much she was aware of what she had lost, no one knows, but it was a tragedy.

• Like 1

Thank you.

I was outraged by the Kanye comment. That is a musician, son, brother, husband, father and friend to many; regardless of his public persona he is the centre of many people's lives.

You're far too young to have such a pole up your arse mate...don't take things so seriously.

I loved Prince's music as well,but there's nothing wrong with a bit of gallows humour.

• Like 2

The reason was he had chronic hip problems from all the jumping around on stage with a guitar. More and more we're finding out that this kind of thing is not a good idea in the long term.

Indeed. Eddie Van Halen also had his hip replaced, and I think Paul Stanley did too.

Thank you.

I was outraged by the Kanye comment. That is a musician, son, brother, husband, father and friend to many; regardless of his public persona he is the centre of many people's lives.

You're far too young to have such a pole up your arse mate...don't take things so seriously.

I loved Prince's music as well,but there's nothing wrong with a bit of gallows humour.

:goodone: Nothing wrong, especially when it's at Kanye's expense. :LOL:
  • Like 3

Indeed. Eddie Van Halen also had his hip replaced, and I think Paul Stanley did too.

It's a combination of those platform shoes and those jumps in the air and having a guitar banging around there as well. I don't think Eddie wore the shoes but he definitely did the splits jumps.

• Like 2

Paul Stanley has had 3 hip replacements in total. I always equated Prince to Paul Stanley. Both Purple, both seriously danced in high heels, flamboyant guitar players, etc.

I remember seeing Prince for the first time on American Bandstand lip-synching Controversy which had just come out. When I was in high school I worked at a roller rink and Prince was ubiquitous at the time. I think I rebelled against his popularity but couldn't help but recognize his talent and ability. Now I see that he was truly a musical monster with little rival. Dude was flat out amazing. I've got a video game he put out in the mid 90's. Super cheap QuickTime thing but it was very cool. I'll have to boot up an Windows machine and take a look at that thing.

Did anyone see the photo of himself that he published earlier this year? It was like a passport photo or something, just out of the blue. I thought that was odd, not the he wasn't odd in general. Seems like he had PR in motion to prove he was still in good health.

He was the first artist to have complete artistic control of his records, at the age of 19. That is something in itself. Didn't realize he and Michael Jackson were the same age either. The world is a more interesting place for having Prince Rogers Nelson in it. The world just got a little less interesting.

• Like 2

"Prince is rare, a rare exotic bird. There's only a few others. To be that popular and that uncompromising. It's like Superman walking through walls.

He's out there. He's uncompromising, a real fountainhead. Takes dangerous chances. He's androgynous, wicked, voodoo."

Tom waits on Prince.

Mick

• Like 3

CNN is announcing there is supposed to be a press conference about his autopsy shortly, but I thought it took weeks to get the results of drug tests back ??

That's what I thought too. I know out here, it takes ten to fourteen days to get the results back. The samples have to be sent to Seattle.

I'm still in shock, to be in a world without Prince and Bowie, unreal!

http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p650/kelli_williams1/86103158_zpsal4tmu5q.jpg

Thank U 4 A Funky Time

:rose:

I'm wondering if his death is related to his religion. He was a Jehovah's Witness and they don't do blood transfusions and such.

He died in an elevator at his home. I'm not sure how you're applying that situation to the need for a blood transfusion.

Well that's a big thing right now. Apparently he's needed DOUBLE hip replacement SINCE 2005 and hasn't gotten that done because it requires transfusion, which as you point out his religion is against. He is on record saying he would only do it if they didn't transfuse, which, apparently, they won't do. Ok, hip...so what? But can you imagine the pain he's in? He puts on a good face on stage because the dude is the pro and gives his all, but he's OFTEN been seen using a cane in his personal life. Now that can be brushed off as an eccentric display, because it's Prince and he's often playing with fashion and style, so if he wants to be Mr. Peanut so be it...but the talk is that the cane was purposeful.

I don't believe there's anything in the JW religion that says you can't take pain management drugs and that's the speculation now. Lots of celebs (and normal folks, of course) have gone down dark roads on legally prescribed pain management meds. While a teetotaler Prince could have still developed an addiction or some other problems due to long-term use, or maybe if he truly had the flu, was he mixing treatment for that with pain management drugs?

Now this is all speculation, but it's not just thoughtless rumor either. It would make sense when you look at how his life is being led by his religiion and the choices he can and can't make because of it. We know he's had joint issues, which have to be painful. Of course the days and weeks ahead will tell, but I would NOT be shocked to hear that it was some weird reaction or resultant of mixed prescribed drugs or a physical reaction to pain management. You say "drugs" and everyone thinks "junkie"....but that's not the suggestion here.

He died in his elevator. Which means he pressed a button, got in...and in the 15-20 seconds it took to travel 2 or 3 floors (It's a sprawling building, but not that tall) he hit the deck and died. Something came over him very, very quickly at the end. Heart failure? We'll see.

I suspect it was more than just the flu.

This is grasping at straws. If you have hip pain and choose not to have the surgery and die of an overdose of pain meds your cause of death was an overdose of pain meds not refusal to have surgery or a transfusion. You might want to google bloodless surgery. They can and do perform surgeries like hip replacements without blood transfusions. Due to dangers associated with transfusions many people opt to have bloodless surgery or store their own blood in advance.

• Like 2

Every broad named Nikki or Nicki has 100% chance of getting laid tonight :D-13:

I hate to do this, but TMZ is reporting even more SAD news....

....... Kanye West is alive and well

Disembodied Spirit, with all due respect to you, would you please show a little respect...people are more than a little saddened by this loss and you making "jokes" isn't really appropriate...thank you, I appreciate it.

In order to maintain some level of decorum, I'll only say, you've got to be kidding me. I'll bet no one here knew Prince personally. No one here knows any of his family. No one here is going to his funeral. If a joke is harming your delicate psyche, seek help.

People deal with death in different ways. A joke is a great way to bring some people back to reality when they are so absorbed in an event that really has nothing to do with any of us.

In other words, get over yourself.

ReGorLaTroy is the epitome of class on this forum, and you have a long way to go

So ... Mr Mao Zedong, I am sure you can understand when I say:

他妈的关闭

Ahh, so solly. Me no speak Chinese.

Every broad named Nikki or Nicki has 100% chance of getting laid tonight :D-13:

I hate to do this, but TMZ is reporting even more SAD news....

....... Kanye West is alive and well

Disembodied Spirit, with all due respect to you, would you please show a little respect...people are more than a little saddened by this loss and you making "jokes" isn't really appropriate...thank you, I appreciate it.

In order to maintain some level of decorum, I'll only say, you've got to be kidding me. I'll bet no one here knew Prince personally. No one here knows any of his family. No one here is going to his funeral. If a joke is harming your delicate psyche, seek help.

People deal with death in different ways. A joke is a great way to bring some people back to reality when they are so absorbed in an event that really has nothing to do with any of us.

In other words, get over yourself.

ReGorLaTroy is the epitome of class on this forum, and you have a long way to go

So ... Mr Mao Zedong, I am sure you can understand when I say:

他妈的关闭

Oh you sure told him!!!

huh?

The sanctimony is strong in this thread. :eyeroll:

Understood, and point taken

But each of has a line, and when one of the finest members here is disrespected, I think it is ok to take exception

Right. Because as we know from certain cultures, being "dissed" is the ultimate transgression.

CNN is announcing there is supposed to be a press conference about his autopsy shortly, but I thought it took weeks to get the results of drug tests back ??

That's what I thought too. I know out here, it takes ten to fourteen days to get the results back. The samples have to be sent to Seattle.

I think if the cause of death is something normal then there would be no wait on the results. The conference might just be to let us know if it was natural causes or if they need to wait in order to find out what happened.