PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

I can't believe I have to be THE person to say this...am I the only one who thinks that all this sudden love for Prince by the Rock and metal communities to be very ingenuine? I know for a fact that if he hadn't died, a lot of rock fans and metalheads would not be praising him to the extent I'm seeing.

Anytime prince has come up on the forum over the years the response has been primarily positive so I have to disagree from a trf pov. The rest of the Internet is a different story. The album sales the last few weeks proves it.

Yup.

I remember one TRF thread in particular maybe 8-9 years ago in which he was mentioned. Numerous TRFers praised him in the same way he is being praised in this thread. Even those that weren't into his music said the same things as what's in here now...things like "I'm not really into his music but he's an incredible talent. A great all around musician, etc"

• Like 3

It's been 14 days now and I still feel so sad about it. Prince was one of my idols. I grew up with him. I wanted to be like him. He showed me the right way to put on a show as a musician. I expected Prince to be around for a lot longer. Ugh. I can't.

His passing is truly a case of not knowing what you have until it's gone. I listened to a lot of Prince in the past two weeks and my opinion of his talent has only grown.

Yeah he was such genius. I think part of that is because he didnt allow his stuff online so people could actually get into him more

????? He practically invented distributing music on line and marketing it directly to his fans.

I think he means via youtube, blogs, download sites, etc. If you want Prince music you have to go through Prince.

• Like 1

I can't believe I have to be THE person to say this...am I the only one who thinks that all this sudden love for Prince by the Rock and metal communities to be very ingenuine? I know for a fact that if he hadn't died, a lot of rock fans and metalheads would not be praising him to the extent I'm seeing.

http://i.imgur.com/vyVIlW5.gif

• Like 4

A fact? I don't think so.

Please, stop

How old are you Fraroc ??

I saw Prince live before you were probably even born

( Oct 18th 1988 )

Thats not to say that people who like metal can't also like Prince's music as well, I'm referring more to the people who never liked him, but then suddenly became fans after he died.

Please, stop

How old are you Fraroc ??

I saw Prince live before you were probably even born

( Oct 18th 1988 )

Thats not to say that people who like metal can't also like Prince's music as well, I'm referring more to the people who never liked him, but then suddenly became fans after he died.

People who never liked his music can acknowledge that the man was talented without becoming fans.

• Like 3

I disagree with the bit about the praise being disingenuous... But in cases exaggerated, sure.

But, despite you getting the usual mass amount of disagreement, you're right here. It's commonly stated that dying is the best thing that can happen to a musician's career. It's also commonly stated that "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone". Paul's a Beatle, John was a Godsend.

• Like 1

No, I think it's just you. See, people don't necessarily need to be out front about how much they love an artist. It just seems more apparent that people talk about them after they die because...well, they died. I think it's wrong to say rock and metal fans wouldn't be praising him to this extent if he hadn't died, because Prince was one of the few artists in the last few decades to be able to transcend genres and get everyone moving. It does come down to people not realizing what you have until its gone.

I do have to agree with Mr. Not: the praise I've been reading and hearing can become incredibly exaggerated at times. We get it, you liked Prince and received some inspiration/influence from his music. Good for you, now move on.

• Like 1

Prince was a great talent, and a very inspiring person as he never followed any path - he was always creating something

Another aspect to the love shown here ( and everywhere else ) might be due to the fact that he was one of the last few superstars in that there was always a shroud of mystery about him .. Many who grew up at the time he became popular can probably attest to the fact that there is a connection between him, his music, and all of the positive and fun aspects of youth ..

The 1980s were a great time for music, and for me personally .. I can remember hearing about this "secret" album Prince had recorded called The Black Album .. Of course, we know that it was eventually released officially, but back in 1987-88, I can remember buying the cassette from a guy on St Mark's Place - it was like finding some super rare thing no one else knew about ..

And that was part of what made the mystique so great with Prince .. He always seemed to be able to generate this eventful vibe, and even with all the hype, he never disappointed ..

That created a unique bond with the fans - at least it did with me

I only saw it on the news, but I thought that the seconds I saw of madge's tribute to Prince was pitiful.

shame on you, Billboard people!!!

No, I think it's just you. See, people don't necessarily need to be out front about how much they love an artist. It just seems more apparent that people talk about them after they die because...well, they died. I think it's wrong to say rock and metal fans wouldn't be praising him to this extent if he hadn't died, because Prince was one of the few artists in the last few decades to be able to transcend genres and get everyone moving. It does come down to people not realizing what you have until its gone.

I do have to agree with Mr. Not: the praise I've been reading and hearing can become incredibly exaggerated at times. We get it, you liked Prince and received some inspiration/influence from his music. Good for you, now move on.

As I said, that's not to say that metalheads can't like Prince, I'm talking about the people who were shitting on him when he was alive, and then now that he's passed on, he's suddenly the best songwriter who ever lived and is a better guitarist than Yngwie Malmsteen or Randy Rhoads.

As I said, that's not to say that metalheads can't like Prince, I'm talking about the people who were shitting on him when he was alive, and then now that he's passed on, he's suddenly the best songwriter who ever lived and is a better guitarist than Yngwie Malmsteen or Randy Rhoads.

I don't think there are many of those metalheads on this forum. Love him or hate him, I think Prince is pretty well respected on this forum.

• Like 1

I only saw it on the news, but I thought that the seconds I saw of madge's tribute to Prince was pitiful.

Push aside the spectacle and pomp, it's all style over substance. Madonna can't sing, especially "Nothing Compares 2 U". Other than a few songs, I never got the Madonna adoration.

• Like 1

Push aside the spectacle and pomp, it's all style over substance. Madonna can't sing, especially "Nothing Compares 2 U". Other than a few songs, I never got the Madonna adoration.

Madonna's first album was great, in my opinion. She's been on a roller coaster of highs and lows musically ever since. You are correct ReRushed, sadly, she has no voice and is, again in my opinion, not very entertaining these days.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

Madonna's first album was great, in my opinion. She's been on a roller coaster of highs and lows musically ever since. You are correct ReRushed, sadly, she has no voice and is, again in my opinion, not very entertaining these days.

I don't want to hate on Madonna. There are several things she has done that are very good and inspired. She sometimes steps out of her box and it really shines a light on her limitations. I think her Prince tribute is an example.

• Like 1

I don't want to hate on Madonna. There are several things she has done that are very good and inspired.

Like this...

Lucky star and into the groove were really solid dance songs back in the day but I don't like much more than that.

The medical industry in this country is criminal ..

Fentanyl is an extremely powerful opioid, and opioids will actually make chronic pain worse over time .. These pharmaceutical drugs and what they cause in the body are frightening ..

Chronic pain can be unbearable, but when your doctor is giving you something that will make it worse, that is inexcusable

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/05/30/cu-boulder-study-narcotic-painkillers-cause-chronic-pain/

I cannot believe it came to this .. tragic is an understatement

• Like 3

Fentanyl is an extremely powerful opioid, and opioids will actually make chronic pain worse over time .. These pharmaceutical drugs and what they cause in the body are frightening ..

Chronic pain can be unbearable, but when your doctor is giving you something that will make it worse, that is inexcusable

http://www.denverpos...e-chronic-pain/

...and yet the doctors still sign off on it. My ex had oxy, ambien and enough other meds in her system to take out a horse when she died in her sleep about a year ago. evil, evil shit.

http://www.denverpos...e-chronic-pain/

...and yet the doctors still sign off on it. My ex had oxy, ambien and enough other meds in her system to take out a horse when she died in her sleep about a year ago. evil, evil shit.

HB, I am so sorry to hear that ..

• Like 1