PRINCE ? Died ?

custom55

Wow. Shocked.

He was a true genius and visionary.

RIP

I didn't really care for his music, but I could certainly appreciate his creativity and his ability to shred up a guitar.

RIP :rose:

• Like 5

Bowie,Weiland,Frey,Lemmy,Emerson and it's only April

http://garretthayden.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/steve-carrel-no.gif

Better enjoy Stones,half of Beatles,half of Who,Dylan,Petty,:rush: et al while we're here. This is nucking futs. RIP

Add Merle Haggard to the list.

When asked what it feels like to be the best guitarist alive, Eric Clapton said,

"I don't know. Ask Prince."

Superior, genius musician.....I believe it was his first album he played every single instrument on that album. He will surly be missed

RIPeace

• Like 5

WTF? This is shocking. I remember reading somewhere that he cancelled/postponed concert dates do to illness a while back...I could be mistaken...

RIP another legend.

• Like 1

Dearly beloved

We are gathered here today

To get through this thing called life

Electric word life

It means forever and that's a mighty long time

But I'm here to tell you

There's something else

The after world

A world of never ending happiness

You can always see the sun, day or night

So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills

You know the one, Dr. Everything'll Be Alright

Instead of asking him how much of your time is left

Ask him how much of your mind, baby

'Cause in this life

Things are much harder than in the after world

In this life

You're on your own

And if the elevator tries to bring you down

Go crazy, punch a higher floor...

• Like 14

You know when Whitney died I understood why. When Michael died I wasn't shocked. Prince, from the sounds of things, was sick with flu and who knows how that all played out. But this was a guy who while historically diminutive never seemed unhealthy or had really odd shit-bird celebrity habits. If anything he struck me as profoundly health-conscience, although I'm purely speculating there. So color me saddened and shocked.
  • Like 4

Damn.Not a huge fan but I find this shocking anyway. RIP PRN :rose:

I want to hide people away at this point!!!

• Like 1

This is tragic.

Young.

Energetic.

And quite frankly still a top performer.

Poor guy. I feel for his family and friends.

• Like 2

wow ... he seemed like a picture of health ... he was one of the best ever ... he had more talent in his pinky than most of today's pop artists have in their whole body's
  • Like 3

I wasn't a fan of his music at all but it still sucks that he died so young....57 is no age to die at. :( Edited by fraroc
  • Like 3

wOw what a fricken year!!! One after another after another. I just texted My better 1/2 she is devistated. Prince was one of her all time favorites. RIP Prince you will be missed. We will be saddened by you early parting but I promise we will party like it's 1999 in your memory

:rose: :rose: :rose: I pray he has a safe journney home. :angel:

Edited by Crimsonmistymemory
  • Like 1

The last time I saw him perform anywhere was as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live, which was within the past year. The persona he was projecting was definitely an early '70s-type thing, as he was sporting about a five or six-inch Afro, and wearing mirrored sunglasses, if I remember correctly. The song was something new, and it went on and on- it was eight or nine minutes, at least. He was so full of energy. And the performance itself was fantastic.

He was one of the most prolific musicians of our time. Consider that for his entire body of work that has been released, there may be something on the order of three or four times that much that he has never released.

• Like 1

The last time I saw him perform anywhere was as the musical guest on Saturday Night Live, which was within the past year. The persona he was projecting was definitely an early '70s-type thing, as he was sporting about a five or six-inch Afro, and wearing mirrored sunglasses, if I remember correctly. The song was something new, and it went on and on- it was eight or nine minutes, at least. He was so full of energy. And the performance itself was fantastic.

He was one of the most prolific musicians of our time. Consider that for his entire body of work that has been released, there may be something on the order of three or four times that much that he has never released.

Not too long ago I found out Prince was the writer to the song Nothing Compares To You which was sung by Sinead O Connor. That was one huge song back in the day,

• Like 2