GnR summer stadium tour

custom55

Saw them twice when they were in their "prime", once on the Appetite tour @ Manchester Apollo with Faster Pussycat as support & once at Castle Donington when those kids got crushed in the crowd.

Truth be told, they were the most over-hyped act I've ever seen. I've never understood how they achieved this mythical status in the RnR pantheon.

They weren't that good back then & they're absolute crap now.

Also, it's not just Axl, but Slash too. How the hell did that fudge-fingered fuckwit become a guitar God? Overrated hack.

If GnR announced a show in my front room, I go & spend a night down the pub.

Still, I hope the fans that do go have a great time.

I laughed and agreed.

This.

And I think Slash has just one sound and it's not that grand.

I hate Axl's voice as well.

Who is anymore?

Probably just U2, if we are talking active bands that still tour and record new music on at least on a somewhat regular basis. Their 360 tour lasted for years and they were still packing stadiums on that 5th leg.

• Like 2

How many bands out there now can fill stadiums for an entire tour except for The Rolling Stones? Aerosmith? Maybe Billy Joel and Elton John can do it if they toured together again. Is there a country artist who can do it? Perhaps Garth Brooks? The list is just way too short as to who can fill stadiums on their own now and I don't think GnR is on it.

Iron Maiden?

How many bands out there now can fill stadiums for an entire tour except for The Rolling Stones? Aerosmith? Maybe Billy Joel and Elton John can do it if they toured together again. Is there a country artist who can do it? Perhaps Garth Brooks? The list is just way too short as to who can fill stadiums on their own now and I don't think GnR is on it.

Iron Maiden?

Outside of North America, sure.

Unfortunately your best chance at filling a stadium these days is with Taylor Swift or Justin Bieber et al. I cannot believe that G N R can fill stadiums these days. I probably would have gone if the show was at the Air Canada Centre but the Sky dome / Rogers centre is such a cavernous huge space that I am not too interested at all.

Wow I just went on Ticketmaster for the Toronto show to see what the special pre-sale packages were going for. Get this - to get in the general admission Welcome to the Jungle pit at the front, it will only cost you $1747.25!! What a deal! Why not just call it $1750?? Is this psychological marketing - $1747.25 seems like a deal - like $10.99 vs $11.00?? And this is not a ticket broker (well actually it is the biggest ticket broker on the planet TM).
  • Like 1

CBS news reported if they sellout every show, they would make $3 million PER SHOW on tickets sales.

Unless I'm missing something, that will NEVER happen.

Have 10 million GN'R fans been waiting for this moment?? I think not.

They have moved on. This will be a trainwreck

Wow I just went on Ticketmaster for the Toronto show to see what the special pre-sale packages were going for. Get this - to get in the general admission Welcome to the Jungle pit at the front, it will only cost you $1747.25!! What a deal! Why not just call it $1750?? Is this psychological marketing - $1747.25 seems like a deal - like $10.99 vs $11.00?? And this is not a ticket broker (well actually it is the biggest ticket broker on the planet TM).

Investigated this a little more.

This 'PIT' is a General Admission PIT. NO SEATS. It is 15 feet deep from the stage.

But can be expandable depending on the venue. So If you Buy a PERMANENT seat, on Row 1, THE PIT is in front of you.

So really Row 1 is about Row 10-15. What a scam

• Like 1

I think the thing about GNR THEN was their timing, a bit of GRIT and Les Paul tonality in a new band in the throes of hair metal...and after so many of our 70s heroes had chosen to go power metal in order to survive or risk petering out. The only other alternative was the thrash scene. So in a way they were a bit like an 80s style throwback to 70s Aerosmith when a lot of folks were tired of (or never interested in) the Unskinny Bopness of the world. Just look at what the LA scene was offering when they came along. GNR seemed like the penicillin to that STD. Bands like Georgia Satellites and Black Crowes also touched that retro nerve, but GNR dished it with a bit more heaviness and nastiness. They were as much a product of when they occurred than that they occurred at all.

The Georgia Satellites and Black Crowes is right on .. I latched on to the Satellites right away as by the time 1986 rolled around, even Iron Maiden was borderline embarrassing ..

Guns had a Dead Boys meets 70s Aerosmith thing in the very beginning, and while it is hard to see now thru all the bullsh!t, they were the ones who put an end to hair bands as their approach was very real

Investigated this a little more.

This 'PIT' is a General Admission PIT. NO SEATS. It is 15 feet deep from the stage.

But can be expandable depending on the venue. So If you Buy a PERMANENT seat, on Row 1, THE PIT is in front of you.

So really Row 1 is about Row 10-15. What a scam

There are amphitheaters that have a small general admission pit in front of the stage. I'm not sure what row number the reserved seats start at though? Technically, you are in the front row because even if there is a GA section, there are no other rows in front of you.

I wonder if any of these shows will have the interactive seat maps where you can pick your own seats and see everything that's available in the venue? I wanna check them out after the tickets go on sale just to see how well they're moving.

And it cost you $1,747.25 to stand there for hours?

I saw Iron Maiden from a GA pit a few years ago. Ticket cost was around $100. Way more reasonable.

I can't fathom how anyone would pay that much to see GnR. Yeah, it's really cool to be up front like that but those prices are crazy. I mean how can anyone like a band that much? I'm guessing there has to be some other stuff that comes with that besides just being able to see the show from the pit.

Metallica used to have a small pit in the middle of the stage years ago. At least I could understand the price if it was something like that. You're on stage watching the show if that's the case.

In 1987, a lot of people needed this

http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/18/02/37/70/forbid11.jpg

because of this

http://rock-musicland.com/jp/fotos/judas-priest8.jpg

The shit version of Priest is still a million times better than the suckfest of Slash & the Queermoes.

And I hate that era of Priest.

• Like 1

Anyone foolish enough to blast that amount of money on GnR should stand for 1,747.25 hours before the concert too.

I saw Iron Maiden from a GA pit a few years ago. Ticket cost was around $100. Way more reasonable.

I can't fathom how anyone would pay that much to see GnR. Yeah, it's really cool to be up front like that but those prices are crazy. I mean how can anyone like a band that much? I'm guessing there has to be some other stuff that comes with that besides just being able to see the show from the pit.

Metallica used to have a small pit in the middle of the stage years ago. At least I could understand the price if it was something like that. You're on stage watching the show if that's the case.

Just remember, there may be a GnR fan who thinks that way about Rush. ;)

Ugh, you people are so dismissive! You're the reason rock is dead!

It's called holding bands and musicians up to a higher standard since we were there when it was great.

• Like 2

In 1987, a lot of people needed this

http://i70.servimg.com/u/f70/18/02/37/70/forbid11.jpg

because of this

http://rock-musicland.com/jp/fotos/judas-priest8.jpg

The shit version of Priest is still a million times better than the suckfest of Slash & the Queermoes.

And I hate that era of Priest.

I think the band this thread is about's name is Guns N' Roses. There is a "band" of sorts referred to as Slash, featuring Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators. They're pretty good too. Slash made a couple of albums with a band called Velvet Revolver, and he also had a band called Slash's Snakepit at one time. I've never heard of the other band you mentioned, though.

• Like 2