GnR summer stadium tour

custom55

He's using Grohl's chair. It still has a very visible FF logo on it...! LOLOL!! Love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgPddX5bgtE

• Like 1

I love GnR, but Axl just can't sing anymore.

He can't? Too bad. I liked them back in the day.

I loved them too, but his voice is shot.

Then he probably shouldn't have sung that way earlier in his career.

I have a personal list of overrated Rock stars and Axl is on top.

His popularity baffles me.

GNR is overrated in general. They had one great debut, then a mediocre , bloated follwow up. I dont get why they are so highly praised. Yes, they came around at a time when hair metal was all the rage, and they were a bit more raw and punkish, but a band like Janes Addiction came out at the same time, and were far more innovative and alternative. Dont get it.

• Like 1

The thought of paying that much $$$ to sit in a stadium in Orlando near the end of July makes me say no way would I go to this. Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 2

Axl sounds fine in that video. His voice just doesn't have as much power behind it as it used to.

It's funny, because Geddy has had similar issues the last few tours. So has Ozzy. Ronnie James Dio did when I saw him back in 2009. DLR really did this last tour. Everyone in their 50s and 60s does, except, oddly, Bruce Dickinson, Glenn Hughes and Sammy Hagar.

These guys are getting up there. Your singing voice is a physical skill, and it deteriorates over time, like everything else. I think seeing a nostalgia act is largely about seeing "them" again. You have to expect imperfections. You should expect them live even when the band is young.

• Like 4

Wow I bet the drummer is happy to have that big ass chair completely block him from view.

Who's the drummer anyways? :LOL:

Bob 'I'll take the minimum' Jones

Apparently, they added another show at MetLife Stadium. Totally baffled. Who's buying these tickets?

I don't remember your age, but I do know that in the eighties GnR were very much liked. At least in Hudson County they were.

Could be those now old fans who are going to see them. I don't know, I only remember how the people in AA loved them.

Apparently, they added another show at MetLife Stadium. Totally baffled. Who's buying these tickets?

I don't remember your age, but I do know that in the eighties GnR were very much liked. At least in Hudson County they were.

Could be those now old fans who are going to see them. I don't know, I only remember how the people in AA loved them.

I remember. And I didn't understand it then, either. They're ok, some good songs and Appetite is a classic album, but not to this level. I just don't get it.

I don't get. I am baffled that this band can fill stadiums. I never understood their massive popularity.

Madison Square Garden, sure. MetLife Stadium, baffled.

Met Life is pretty far down the list...who knows if they can make it that far.

Good point. When will Mr. Rose crack...

Today, people with not put up with his nonsense of delaying shows 2+hours.

Is that what he does?

No, Axl doesn't do that anymore. Promoters got smart to it several years ago and just made the shows start later. This prevents Axl from keeping the crowd waiting a few hours for him to come out. Today, the opening band comes on at 9 and GnR will be out at 10 or 1030. Yes, they start later than all other arena rock bands but moving the start time back pretty much put a stop to Axl keeping the crowd waiting.

Why did he make the crowd wait? Just a power trip or he couldn't get his act together?

Axl had some big-time demons that he was always dealing with. He apparently had a really f-ed up childhood in Indiana. He was molested by his father as a child. When he got a bug up his ass about something there was no reaching him. He'd wait at the hotel for hours while the rest of the band was waiting to go on. The most legendary case was when they had a 4-night slot opening for the Rolling Stones. Axl refused to play the 2nd show unless Slash apologized onstage for doing drugs. Eventually Slash started working with Michael Jackson, who was dealing with his own child molestation charges, and to Axl that was unforgivable. Eventually Slash just got tired of the crap and left.

I'm sure there are all sorts of contractual provisions in place to keep Axl in line for this tour. I've got zero interest in it.

• Like 2

And it cost you $1,747.25 to stand there for hours?

Anyone foolish enough to blast that amount of money on GnR should stand for 1,747.25 hours before the concert too.

I saw Iron Maiden from a GA pit a few years ago. Ticket cost was around $100. Way more reasonable.

I can't fathom how anyone would pay that much to see GnR. Yeah, it's really cool to be up front like that but those prices are crazy. I mean how can anyone like a band that much? I'm guessing there has to be some other stuff that comes with that besides just being able to see the show from the pit.

Metallica used to have a small pit in the middle of the stage years ago. At least I could understand the price if it was something like that. You're on stage watching the show if that's the case.

Just remember, there may be a GnR fan who thinks that way about Rush. ;)

"I may make [them] feel but I can't make [them] think".

On TRF a few years ago and during whatever tour, I said that $800 is too much to spend on a single Rush ticket. (Someone was going to buy from some ticket broker or the like for that price.) Nobody agreed with me.

I remember. And I didn't understand it then, either. They're ok, some good songs and Appetite is a classic album, but not to this level. I just don't get it.

Me neither.

Anyone foolish enough to blast that amount of money on GnR should stand for 1,747.25 hours before the concert too.

I saw Iron Maiden from a GA pit a few years ago. Ticket cost was around $100. Way more reasonable.

I can't fathom how anyone would pay that much to see GnR. Yeah, it's really cool to be up front like that but those prices are crazy. I mean how can anyone like a band that much? I'm guessing there has to be some other stuff that comes with that besides just being able to see the show from the pit.

Metallica used to have a small pit in the middle of the stage years ago. At least I could understand the price if it was something like that. You're on stage watching the show if that's the case.

Just remember, there may be a GnR fan who thinks that way about Rush. ;)

"I may make [them] feel but I can't make [them] think".

On TRF a few years ago and during whatever tour, I said that $800 is too much to spend on a single Rush ticket. (Someone was going to buy from some ticket broker or the like for that price.) Nobody agreed with me.

If money is not an issue for someone I guess paying that much wouldn't be a big deal. But in general, even for Rush that's way too much for a single ticket.

There has also been second shows added in Foxborough and Chicago. It looks like they're selling well in the bigger markets. I'm a fan and this even surprises me. I guess nostalgia has gotten the best of everyone and they need to see it because of that.

I guess nostalgia has gotten the best of everyone and they need to see it because of that.

Maybe too the death of so many already this year got everyone to thinking that they better catch these bands when they can while they can.

• Like 1

It might be people that have seen them before? Mr. blues and I saw them in the early 90's. Although it was hit or miss from town to town whether the awesome Axl or the tantrum Axl would show, we got the awesome Axl. I was not a die hard fan, but, live, Axl had stage presence and charisma that I have only seen equaled by Roger Daltrey when I saw The Who back in the day. Granted, if Axl is sitting in a chair and has settled down a bit it may not be the same, but maybe the fans want to find out?

I don't have $ 700.00 or $ 1747.25 :LOL: :lol: I think it is very cool that Paul McCartney is coming this summer to Hershey and the cheap tickets are $ 19.50! Now there's a guy that loves the fans! :D

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

30-40 somethings that have a couple hundred bucks to spare and relive their younger days for an evening? Take them back to reminisce city.

Where the money's green and the girls are wrinkly?? I dunno, I got nuthin.

I will say the G n R concert was the only one, in all my concert goings (maybe I am naive), where I saw a guy one seat away take out a little mirror and start snorting what looked to be coke, in the middle of the afternoon in central Pa, with the stadium surrounded by all the farms and such. I guess everyone else was so happy it started on time that no on else noticed. And I used to go to Aerosmith concerts! :LOL:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

30-40 somethings that have a couple hundred bucks to spare and relive their younger days for an evening? Take them back to reminisce city.

I will say the G n R concert was the only one, in all my concert goings (maybe I am naive), where I saw a guy one seat away take out a little mirror and start snorting what looked to be coke, in the middle of the afternoon in central Pa, with the stadium surrounded by all the farms and such. I guess everyone else was so happy it started on time that no on else noticed. And I used to go to Aerosmith concerts! :LOL:

Those Guns songs need all the help they can get!

http://www.1000misspenthours.com/posters/postersa-d/cocainefiends.jpg

• Like 2

Those Guns songs need all the help they can get!

http://www.1000misspenthours.com/posters/postersa-d/cocainefiends.jpg

:LOL: :lol:

You answered your own question. You weren't a fan then. The tickets are being bought by people who were. They're the same people, in a way, that saw Rush and AC/DC and Van Halen last summer.

OK I will admit it, I bought two for Toronto. :facepalm: I couldn't help myself. Nostalgia maybe. Watching a train wreck as it happens maybe. Bad financial decision maybe. Can't put my finger on it but I had to see this for some reason. I will appoint myself as an official TRF show reviewer. That's it! My duties as a journalist compel me to go.
  • Like 2