GnR summer stadium tour

custom55

Wow I just went on Ticketmaster for the Toronto show to see what the special pre-sale packages were going for. Get this - to get in the general admission Welcome to the Jungle pit at the front, it will only cost you $1747.25!! What a deal! Why not just call it $1750?? Is this psychological marketing - $1747.25 seems like a deal - like $10.99 vs $11.00?? And this is not a ticket broker (well actually it is the biggest ticket broker on the planet TM).

Investigated this a little more.

This 'PIT' is a General Admission PIT. NO SEATS. It is 15 feet deep from the stage.

But can be expandable depending on the venue. So If you Buy a PERMANENT seat, on Row 1, THE PIT is in front of you.

So really Row 1 is about Row 10-15. What a scam

There are amphitheaters that have a small general admission pit in front of the stage. I'm not sure what row number the reserved seats start at though? Technically, you are in the front row because even if there is a GA section, there are no other rows in front of you.

I wonder if any of these shows will have the interactive seat maps where you can pick your own seats and see everything that's available in the venue? I wanna check them out after the tickets go on sale just to see how well they're moving.

The maps are interactive on Ticketmaster now.

Reserve seats will start at Row 1

The Pit for most other places is a SET area because in theaters and amphitheaters the PIT is permanent.

But this is stadiums. Therefore the PIT for GN'R can be manipulated in it's length and width depending on ticket sales.

On the MAP the Permanent seats Row 1 ,2,...etc are BEHIND the pit.

The people on Row 1 have no way to Rush the stage.

So Row 1 would view WALL, followed by the PIT followed by WALL, With security, then stage.

In theory, the stage could be moved a few feet back to allow the pit to be larger if needed. GREED if needed.

Ugh, you people are so dismissive! You're the reason rock is dead!

It's called holding bands and musicians up to a higher standard since we were there when it was great.

I know, I was making a joke. There are some people who actually believe what I said.

Edited by Union 5-3992

It's called holding bands and musicians up to a higher standard since we were there when it was great.

I know, I was making a joke. There are some people who actually believe what I said.

I figured you weren't really serious but I thought I would voice an opinion about the matter. ;)

• Like 1

How many bands out there now can fill stadiums for an entire tour except for The Rolling Stones? Aerosmith? Maybe Billy Joel and Elton John can do it if they toured together again. Is there a country artist who can do it? Perhaps Garth Brooks? The list is just way too short as to who can fill stadiums on their own now and I don't think GnR is on it.

Iron Maiden?

Outside of North America, sure.

Last yeat the Foos played alot of stadiums, and this summer Dead & Co are doing a bunch of stadiums.

Yeah, and I won't mention who.

I agree this has all the makings of a massive FAIL!

I think some shows will do really well. The show in Toronto is their only show in Canada and it's on a saturday, so plenty of people will travel to that. Not only from around Canada but from where I live as well just across the border. The same with the show at Metlife stadium. Nothing in New York state that's the closest they're getting, so they will get people to travel to the bigger cities to see them . Not sure how well some of these other shows will fair though.

Filling up AT&T stadium will be a huge task.

Edited by J2112YYZ

You want to know what the problem is? For me at least, and I was a big fan, the way they came apart in the early to mid-90s, and the joke of the road to Chinese Democracy, didn't leave me feeling I HAD to see them again. I've been fine with Slash's project with Myles, and I haven't listened to Chinese Democracy in 7 years (yes, I've listened to the Illusions since then). I just haven't really missed them since my 20s.
  • Like 2

He'll probably just sit down for the shows like David Grohl did last year when he broke his leg

There's only a handful of dates this month. The bulk of the tour doesn't start until June. So, if he makes it through these shows fine, he'll have two months to heal up before the real touring begins.

Rachel Triche today, who explains that the GN’R vocalist underwent surgery for a broken bone in his foot. “Right now he’s in a cast, and we’re limiting how much weight he’s putting on it,” she says

no comment

And Axl's quote was odd:

This is what can happen when you do something you haven't done in nearly over 23 years

So who is that overweight guy that been onstage the past decade with them ?

• Like 1

I loved them for about 2 years - it was electric and exciting, and they changed the entire vibe of the music scene

When Welcome To The Jungle got into heavy rotation on MTV among all the crap that was Heart, Richard Marx, Whitney Houston, Madonna, etc etc, it was great

It was short lived, but I loved it

They fast became a parody

Rachel Triche today, who explains that the GN’R vocalist underwent surgery for a broken bone in his foot. “Right now he’s in a cast, and we’re limiting how much weight he’s putting on it,” she says

no comment

And Axl's quote was odd:

This is what can happen when you do something you haven't done in nearly over 23 years

So who is that overweight guy that been onstage the past decade with them ?

I read that too and wondered what he was talking about.

Perhaps it's best if we don't know. :unsure:

• Like 1

Apparently real cameras are now illegal Per Twitter they may actually be confiscating cameras of people in line tonight.

Not cell phones, just REAL cameras.

I have asked if this was an ARENA or a BAND request, or both...I've seen it on tickets just never heard an arena publicly broadcast it

T-Mobile Arena@TMobileArena Tonight, capture your @gunsnroses memories on your cellphone but leave your cameras at home.

They are prohibited at tonight's show.

11 retweets 20 likes

I don't get. I am baffled that this band can fill stadiums. I never understood their massive popularity.

Madison Square Garden, sure. MetLife Stadium, baffled.

Met Life is pretty far down the list...who knows if they can make it that far.

Good point. When will Mr. Rose crack...

I saw them at Giants stadium in 91 with Metallica. Metallica played from 8 till 10:20. They were unbelievable! Then Guns did not come on stage till midnight! It was a joke. The crowd was spent at that point. I would never waste my time at one of there shows again.