The best thing about Rush

Listerfiend

I've had a good time recently reading the various threads on here about the relative merits of this album over that album etc.

I've come to the realisation that most posters on here would probably disagree with me over what's good and what's bad, and that's great.

Surely the fact that there seems to be something for everyone in their back catalogue is their greatest strength?

No matter what my mood there's almost always something to suit. Honestly is there any other band in history you could say that about?

• Like 8

No matter what my mood there's almost always something to suit. Honestly is there any other band in history you could say that about?

Yes there is.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 2

Yes there is.

Not only do they have a song for any mood I'm in but over the last 40 years I can honestly say they have a song for any age I was in as well...God I love this band!

All I can say is that they are the most important band to have come along in my lifetime. One of two, anyway, in that respect.

As much as I love them, it's always good to take a break and listen to other things- as there is so much other good music in the world, too.

I don't know if I can agree with the idea that they have something to offer everyone, because I know some people who can't stand them. (But that's their loss, as far as I'm concerned).

There will never be another. Bless 'em.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 5

Few if any other bands have had as much an impact on my life with music like Rush did. I'm just grateful I was able to see them many times in the later part of their career when they have that entire catalog to perform :drool:
  • Like 2

All I can say is that they are the most important band to have come along in my lifetime. One of two, anyway, in that respect.

As much as I love them, it's always good to take a break and listen to other things- as there is so much other good music in the world, too.

I don't know if I can agree with the idea that they have something to offer everyone, because I know some people who can't stand them. (But that's their loss, as far as I'm concerned).

There will never be another. Bless 'em.

Totally agree that they are not for everyone, but for me, they seem to resonate consistently with my mood.

• Like 3

The best thing about Rush? Why, their music of course! No, wait, it's the personalities of the members, and how they're really just regular guys. Or maybe it's their sense of humour. Nah, it's definitely the kimonos. Wait, they don't wear those anymore. I'll have to go with the lyrics then. Um, no, it must the the music!
  • Like 9

Yes there is.

:yes:

Ted Nugent.

• Like 1

Can't really explain it... as much as I really love some other bands, Rush will always be different for me. This band means so much more than any other band or artist, period. After 28 shows since 1976, I know what I'm talking about!! And, I've seen many big bands in that time... not just Rush.

Their back catalogue is varied.My wife likes stuff from Power Windows to Counterparts but earlier heavier stuff and side long opuses are out.My friends are passive about them but really can't see the big deal. To many people I know they seem to be too bombastic and OTT,but they like Dylan,Cohen,Morrison and all that nonsense so I can't say there is something for everyone with Rush.The Beatles really did have such broad spectrum to their music.Although I am not a huge fan there is almost something for everyone.For me Rush are my No 1 because of their music and muicianship and have 99% liked what they have done.

Yes there is.

:yes:

Ted Nugent.

He's a quiet retiring chap :guitar:

When Rush is at their best there's a synergy between the lyrics and the music and the vocal presentation by Geddy that just sounds like what you're hearing is "Truth"; something very deep and profound and usually ineffable that their music somehow manages to make conspicuous. Edited by rftag
  • Like 1

I can sum up the best thing about RUSH in two words:

NEIL PEART

:nya nya:

Isn't he the dude that killed Rush?

Hahaha! Of course! The best thing about Rush had to kill it.

Makes perfect sense.

Signed,

"Double Agent"

My angels and my demons at war.

At war.

• Like 1