Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Anyone watching travelers?

Gotta be a major if I'm staying up on a Sunday much past now. It's 12.30am!

Any other time of year they might've suspended because of darkness

Anyone watching travelers?

Watched the tape.

Incredible putting performance.

An incredible battle down the stretch and into extra holes! Edited by goose
  • Like 2

My niece/goddaughter is at Detroit Golf Club this weekend, assisting with spectator traffic control at the Rocket Mortgage Classic.
  • Like 2

My niece/goddaughter is at Detroit Golf Club this weekend, assisting with spectator traffic control at the Rocket Mortgage Classic.

Has she been given authority to remove anyone who shouts something unfunny a millisecond after the golfer hits from the premises?

• Like 1

Has she been given authority to remove anyone who shouts something unfunny a millisecond after the golfer hits from the premises?

Not likely, more solidly built security are probably "hiding" in the red polo shirts that are part of the uniform.
  • Like 1

I'll be doing gallery management at 14th hole at Northern Trust in Jersey City next month. Quiet please.
  • Like 3

I'll be doing gallery management at 14th hole at Northern Trust in Jersey City next month. Quiet please.

Rule with an iron hand!

• Like 3

Actually, my one shining moment as a hole Marshal came when I stopped three men in their tracks with a mere wave of my fingers. They were headed towards the tee where someone was teeing off, and we're supposed to not only keep it quiet but also keep people still. I had my hands up in the air and I kind of pushed my hands a little bit more forward in their direction and the three of them stopped dead. It was pretty cool.
  • Like 2

2021 Scottish Open, Round 3: Dean Burmester's Back 9 score card: Four consecutive 2's ! :notworthy:

Par 5 #10: 5

Par 4 #11: 4

Par 3 #12: 2 - Birdie

Par 4 #13: 2 - Hole Out Eagle. 177 yards

Par 3 #14: 2 - Birdie

Par 4 #15: 2 - Hole Out Eagle. 210 yards

Par 5 #16: 4 - Birdie

Par 3 #17: 3

Par 4 #18: 4

Score: 28 (7 under par)

• Like 2

2021 Scottish Open, Round 3: Dean Burmester's Back 9 score card: Four consecutive 2's ! :notworthy:

And in true golf fashion he'll spend the night stewing over the par on #10. :lol:

Matsuyama, asymptomatic Masters champion, withdraws five days before the start of The Open due to a positive Covid test.

Why can`t he play at a distance from others, be isolated, carry his own bag, keep out of the clubhouse, change in the car park etc... but still play an outdoor sport? The value of withdrawing seems minimal as he might have infected 100 people already. Or nobody. I`m still no wiser to this guidance, anymore than I was when England stopped leisure Golf last year and Rahm withdrew etc.

If you stage a tournament in a pandemic, especially as cases are rising quickly due to Delta variant, should this not be expected and a better, less draconian solution found?

And in true golf fashion he'll spend the night stewing over the par on #10. :lol:

Anyone here ever done anything like that? I managed 2 2`s many years ago, on the 4th and 5th at Farthingstone in Northamptonshire. Holed my second shot at the Par 5 4th (with a 5 iron, easily reachable in two if you get over the hill as it rolled miles in summer), and chipped in on the Par 3 5th. I never managed a hole-in-one but at least I had an albatross, a much rarer bird than an eagle :laughing guy:
  • Like 1

Anyone here ever done anything like that? I managed 2 2`s many years ago, on the 4th and 5th at Farthingstone in Northamptonshire. Holed my second shot at the Par 5 4th (with a 5 iron, easily reachable in two if you get over the hill as it rolled miles in summer), and chipped in on the Par 3 5th. I never managed a hole-in-one but at least I had an albatross, a much rarer bird than an eagle :laughing guy:

Many times, but most of the twos were pars, and eventually the windmill got me. :banghead:

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

My only hole in one was on a 295yd par 4. Hit a perfect drive that landed four feet past the pin, bit and spun back into the hole.
  • Like 1

My only hole in one was on a 295yd par 4. Hit a perfect drive that landed four feet past the pin, bit and spun back into the hole.

That was a par 4? One of them “executive courses”....? ;)

• Like 1

That was a par 4? One of them “executive courses”....? ;)

All carry.

https://www.playsunridge.com/golf-course-carson-city/course/course-tour/hole-8/

I played a high fade over the left barainca.

Edited by goose

I got a hole in one on the one year anniversary of my golfing. Par three, 155 yds. 3 wood.

somewhat beginner’s luck I would say.

• Like 4

I got a hole in one on the one year anniversary of my golfing. Par three, 155 yds. 3 wood.

tenor.gif

:dweez:

• Like 2

I have only ever birdied a hole once. Last October I missed a hole in one by less than the width of the ball on a 150-yd downhill Par 3. It was early morning so you could still see the track of the ball through the dew on the green. I got a great photo of it but unfortunately I can't post photos here.

On average I shoot about a 52 or 53 on my morning 9.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 2

Claim that thing in the name of awesome skill! Enjoy. I've been playing for thirteen years, and still haven't had one, so congrats.

• Like 1

I have only ever birdied a hole once. Last October I missed a hole in one by less than the width of the ball on a 150-yd downhill Par 3. It was early morning so you could still see the track of the ball through the dew on the green. I got a great photo of it but unfortunately I can't post photos here.

On average I shoot about a 52 or 53 on my morning 9.

I've never come close to anything like that! Good looking scorecard.

This morning I shot 48 on my morning 9, with two legit bad swings, including one near whiff. Had about six tap-in putts to finish holes; I can't decide if that means I was putting great or poorly. Golf, man.

So who's got a favorite for the Open Championship?