Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Jon Rahm:  Should I join LIV or shouldn't I?

giphy_s.gif

Jon Rahm:  Yes, Master....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Principled Man said:

Jon Rahm:  Should I join LIV or shouldn't I?

giphy_s.gif

Jon Rahm:  Yes, Master....

Reports are he's getting around $500,000,000 to join and I dare say any one of us would do the same. That kind of money doesn't talk, it yells.

On 12/8/2023 at 1:07 PM, BastillePark said:

Reports are he's getting around $500,000,000 to join and I dare say any one of us would do the same. That kind of money doesn't talk, it yells.

I wouldn't.  Not from the Saudis.

Would you?

On 12/8/2023 at 3:07 PM, BastillePark said:

I agree it yells at people like us -- well, like me; I don't know about your situation! -- but Jon Rahm is already a multimillionaire! His grandkids are already fixed for life, and his career isn't nearly over yet -- he's got years left to earn millions more. He didn't need (in any sense of the word) to take that oily blood money. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

I agree it yells at people like us -- well, like me; I don't know about your situation! -- but Jon Rahm is already a multimillionaire! His grandkids are already fixed for life, and his career isn't nearly over yet -- he's got years left to earn millions more. He didn't need (in any sense of the word) to take that oily blood money. 

It would be almost deafening to me. For him, maybe not so much but as we see in almost all sports when there's more money to be made people will go across the country or even the world to play their game. Ohtani only had to go across town to get his $700,000,000 and I figure if you look into whoever owns the Dodgers you'd find some "blood money" from somewhere.

On 12/11/2023 at 10:22 AM, BastillePark said:

It would be almost deafening to me. For him, maybe not so much but as we see in almost all sports when there's more money to be made people will go across the country or even the world to play their game. Ohtani only had to go across town to get his $700,000,000 and I figure if you look into whoever owns the Dodgers you'd find some "blood money" from somewhere.

I don't want to beat a dead horse here, but I do just wanna get the boot in one last time before we all move on, shaking our heads about the world's absurdities:

I think you and I agree on many things, and I am super sympathetic to the idea that at the root of every hoard there is a crime, but the Saudis are an especially egregious kind of awful: ordering murders, war crimes in Yemen, abuse and oppression straight out of the middle ages at home, exporting a particularly toxic and terroristic (and unrepresentative) kind of Islam in Wahhabi, not to mention environmental degradation; that's the list before we even get to the relatively minor issue of their sports-washing through the LIV tour, Premier League team ownership, and its quislings -- which brings us back to Rahm.

All life may be a compromise with our principles, but it'd be nice to think that surely, at some point, enough is enough? Every moment like this one answers that question by saying, "Oh, no; there is no enough; there is no bottom; there is only falling." 

• Like 3

PGA junior courses?

Chilean golfer Cristobal Del Solar shot a 57 on Thursday during a Korn Ferry Tour event in Colombia, the lowest-ever round in a PGA Tour-sanctioned tournament.

Del Solar carded nine birdies, two eagles and zero bogeys at Country Club de Bogota’s Pacos course, the shortest on the Korn Ferry Tour and a track that sits nearly 9,000 feet above sea level. 

:confused:

• Like 2

Journeyman Peter Malnati won the Valspar today, coming from two back to beat the field.  On hole 18 he lagged his birdie putt to tap in distance then marked to allow his competitor to finish out.  While waiting, Malnati broke down, overcome with the reality if what the win meant for his career and family.  It was very moving, as was his post tourney interview.

• Like 1

Tiger Woods even after two rounds.  Who's he ahead of...?

Cantlay, Loepka, Zalatoris, Lowry, Final, Day, Rahm...

Not bad.  

17 hours ago, goose said:

Tiger Woods even after two rounds.  Who's he ahead of...?

Cantlay, Loepka, Zalatoris, Lowry, Final, Day, Rahm...

Not bad.  

Considering Woods had only played 23 holes this year so far, it's incredible.   

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mithrandir said:

Considering Woods had only played 23 holes this year so far, it's incredible.   

And on Day 3 he falls apart.  It sure seems like his reconstructed body simply cannot take four rounds of competitive golf.

• Like 1