Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

21 minutes ago, BastillePark said:

He's like a certain former businessman that pretended to be a politician for a time. Anything and everything he does the media covers and it's annoying. 

(I know you're joking but that's not far from the truth)

I've said it before, so one more time won't hurt.  I have no issues with Tiger Woods.  It's the obsessive coverage (aka "The Cult of Tiger") that I find disgusting.  It's one aspect of The Cult of Celebrity that has infested the country.  Tiger, Brady, Gwyneth, K. West, and many others, who have no business being in the news, are In the News.  They're even headlining the news for no valid reason.  I don't even go near my local Packers coverage because of the obsession with Aaron Rodgers and every little thing he's doing (or not doing).  The media sells it and gullible viewers eat it up.             

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

I've said it before, so one more time won't hurt.  I have no issues with Tiger Woods.  It's the obsessive coverage (aka "The Cult of Tiger") that I find disgusting.  It's one aspect of The Cult of Celebrity that has infested the country.  Tiger, Brady, Gwyneth, K. West, and many others, who have no business being in the news, are In the News.  They're even headlining the news for no valid reason.  I don't even go near my local Packers coverage because of the obsession with Aaron Rodgers and every little thing he's doing (or not doing).  The media sells it and gullible viewers eat it up.             

I couldn't care less about the personal lives of any of those people.  That said, there's a reason that if Brady or Tiger are competing on a given day they are being covered, and that's because they are far and away two of the most compelling competitors their sports ever knew, and you can never count them out.

• Like 1

Hole 8, Rahm - now ahead by one stroke - plays a perfect power fade off the tee to the middle of the fairway.  Koepka follows with a dead yank into the left trees.

A crowd of players four strokes back at -6...

:popcorn:

Phil is the low man in the clubhouse so far,  posting a career-low final round of 65.  Anouncers are wondering, what kind of pressure does that put on Rahm...?

:popcorn:

Koepka with a 3-jack on 14 while Rahm makes birdie, and Koepka slips to five down with four to play.

Low amateur Bennett is -3, and could be lower but for putts burning the edge instead of dropping.  

Today is a beautiful day here in NorNev, and I want to be outside but this final round is too good to miss

Edited by goose

6 hours ago, goose said:

Flipping channels today I caught about 30 seconds of LiV Golf.  It felt like watching a local charity scramble.  

With music.

:facepalm:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, goose said:

That's actually a golf trend I hate, the need for music blasting while playing.  :old:

I generally agree, but I' willing to make an exception if they played Rock the Casbah at LIV events and showed the video on huge electronic scoreboards.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

Maybe his new Saudi daddy can cover his losses, poor pet.

They might be to busy paying to reinstate this course after the clown show moved through.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2023 at 10:36 PM, laughedatbytime said:

They might be to busy paying to reinstate this course after the clown show moved through.

The vast majority of the members don't seem to mind: Mind you, the uproar is coming from a select few; a majority of The Grange members seem content with the tournament returning. The Advertiser reported the results of a club survey that say 86 percent of members were “satisfied or very satisfied” with the event and 7 percent were neutral. An additional 7 percent of the members polled were “dissatisfied or very dissatisfied”.

So do we have to support LIV Golf now?  I’m confused…..:blink:

1 hour ago, Principled Man said:

So do we have to support LIV Golf now?  I’m confused…..:blink:

Good news: No, no we do not! Brooks Koepka is still an ass, great golfer or not.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

He should own every PGA wins record by now. Makes me wonder if he was juicing at one point, considering the way his body started breaking down.

The bigger and stronger they are, the farther they hit ball out of bounds….:glare:

2 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

He should own every PGA wins record by now. Makes me wonder if he was juicing at one point, considering the way his body started breaking down.

57 minutes ago, Principled Man said:

The bigger and stronger they are, the farther they hit ball out of bounds….:glare:

Right, unless you're a gifted player like Tiger who added muscle to his God-given generational talent. He went from looking like a typical golfer to having the v-shaped  physique of a wide receiver.

Do I think he juiced? Not necessarily. He could have simply hit the gym to get that physique. But I do wonder about it because of all the chronic muscle and bone injuries he's suffered, even well before his car accident two years ago -- that plus his legendary competitive drive. With his accuracy off the tee, a few extra yards would be a benefit, especially in the major tournaments.

It's entirely possible that he's just injury-prone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

Right, unless you're a gifted player like Tiger who added muscle to his God-given generational talent. He went from looking like a typical golfer to having the v-shaped  physique of a wide receiver.

Do I think he juiced? Not necessarily. He could have simply hit the gym to get that physique. But I do wonder about it because of all the chronic muscle and bone injuries he's suffered, even well before his car accident two years ago -- that plus his legendary competitive drive. With his accuracy off the tee, a few extra yards would be a benefit, especially in the major tournaments.

It's entirely possible that he's just injury-prone.

I tend to go with the “swinging for the fences” explanation.  Tiger swung his clubs so hard, so many times….he was like a MLB slugger swinging out of his cleats every at-bat.  That has to wreak havoc on the body, even if it’s a superior body.  

• Like 3

23 hours ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

You wonder?

:blink: