Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Sergio fails to qualify for the British Open.   I'm sure going to miss his ebullient personality and his cool hat with the fireball on it.

• Haha 1

The ladies' US Open at Pebble was stellar, and the final round did not disappoint.  Congrats to Corpuz, and kudos to Hull for one heck of a final 18 holes.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, goose said:

The ladies' US Open at Pebble was stellar, and the final round did not disappoint.  Congrats to Corpuz, and kudos to Hull for one heck of a final 18 holes.

I watched a good chunk of that. Corpuz was steady the whole day, especially on the back nine where she was throwing darts on her approaches and dropping putts.

Hull made it very interesting with that eagle and all those birdies. Hataoka however just tanked on the back nine.

• Like 1

So, to watch the Open here in the States you have to have Peacock?  :thumbsdown:

Reminds me when the NHL abandoned ESPN and went to Outdoor Living Network back in the day.  Lost a lot of fans

5 minutes ago, goose said:

So, to watch the Open here in the States you have to have Peacock?  :thumbsdown:

Reminds me when the NHL abandoned ESPN and went to Outdoor Living Network back in the day.  Lost a lot of fans

It's on USA, which is basic cable.

Edited by laughedatbytime

17 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

It's on USA, which is basic cable.

Well that's good to know.  I didn't see that option among the ones listed when I looked it up on various links, including the official Open site.

Harman in with an early 65 for the day to get to -10. :notworthy:

Spieth having a nice day going -3 in his first six holes, and he sits in second at -5 with Fleetwood.  

2 hours ago, goose said:

Well that's good to know.  I didn't see that option among the ones listed when I looked it up on various links, including the official Open site.

YOU MUST COMPLY. CONFORM OR MISS OUT. YOU MUST SUBSCRIBE. PEACOCK.

Also available on USA Network

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 said:

YOU MUST COMPLY. CONFORM OR MISS OUT. YOU MUST SUBSCRIBE. PEACOCK.

Also available on USA Network

Exactly!  Lol

Fleetwood will agonize tonight over the round that could have been.  He's burning edges and leaving putts just short.

Man, can I relate

11 hours ago, goose said:

Fleetwood will agonize tonight over the round that could have been.  He's burning edges and leaving putts just short.

Man, can I relate

Me too.  Can't even count the rounds where a couple of lip outs cost me a round in the double instead of the triple digits.

:wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Moving day? I guess so!  Rahm is -7 for the day thru Seventeen holes and has moved from 89th to 2nd at -5.

:notworthy:

And now McElroy has birdied two of his first three holes.  Here we go...  :popcorn:

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, goose said:

Moving day? I guess so!  Rahm is -7 for the day thru Seventeen holes and has moved from 89th to 2nd at -5.

:notworthy:

And now McElroy has birdied two of his first three holes.  Here we go...  :popcorn:

This is my reminder not to check this thread.  I'm at the point where Rahm is teeing off on 3.  The thing is, he nailed a putt in 1 that lipped out or he'd be even one shot better.

• Like 1

How much pressure can McIlroy pile on? Or will it get to him? Fleetwood within three! It's shaping up to be a tasty one.

On a related note, I do have Peacock, so I'm watching it now, and I'm using it to watch the Women's World Cup en Espanol. This era of cord-cutting streaming comes with some compromises.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

How much pressure can McIlroy pile on? Or will it get to him? Fleetwood within three! It's shaping up to be a tasty one.

When the commentators were noting that in the past 40 years of majors no player had failed to win after having a 5-stroke lead it felt like a classic announcer's jinx.  Sure enough,  Harman makes an early bogie.  :tongue:

Should be a fun watch today.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nova Carmina said:

On a related note, I do have Peacock, so I'm watching it now, and I'm using it to watch the Women's World Cup en Espanol. This era of cord-cutting streaming comes with some compromises.

We've been cordless for some time now, and I haven't missed cable or dish at all. I use YouTube and antenna, and for NFL got out to a sports bar with friends.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, laughedatbytime said:

This is my reminder not to check this thread.  I'm at the point where Rahm is teeing off on 3.  

Watching on delay?

3 hours ago, Nova Carmina said:

All that movement this morning, and it looks like we're back to where we started, more or less. Five strokes seems like a boring Sunday lead, or an epic Sunday meltdown.

The predicted weather didn't set in, and after a shaky start Harman settled in a had a great back nine.  Sure looks like Harman has it locked,  but then again, Rory looked pretty safe last year

• Like 1

One thing I hope we all agree on...we miss Sergio.  Right?

On a slightly different not, there's no way, unless he is an automatic qualifier, that ZJ could pick JT for the Ryder Cup, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1