Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

I think it's cool that LIV players are resigning from the PGA rather than stay as a suspended player and take a tour spot from some grinder.  Bubba Watson is the latest to make that move

25 minutes ago, goose said:

I think it's cool that LIV players are resigning from the PGA rather than stay as a suspended player and take a tour spot from some grinder.  Bubba Watson is the latest to make that move

Well, there's a silver lining, then. The money some of those lower-rankers could make might be the difference between staying tour-eligible or having to go back and requalify.

• Like 1

Just two strokes off the lead going into Sunday's round Cam Smith got some bad news an hour before his tee time.  He'd been assessed a two stroke penalty from an improper placement of his ball when taking relief Saturday.  A player must take full relief when moving out of a hazard, and Cam had dropped the ball so that it rested on the red hazard line. Weird that he didn't know tge rule, even weirder that his caddy missed the violation

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, goose said:

Just two strokes off the lead going into Sunday's round Cam Smith got some bad news an hour before his tee time.  He'd been assessed a two stroke penalty from an improper placement of his ball when taking relief Saturday.  A player must take full relief when moving out of a hazard, and Cam had dropped the ball so that it rested on the red hazard line. Weird that he didn't know tge rule, even weirder that his caddy missed the violation

His playing partner apparently didn't know either.

Is it bad that whenever I hear the name JJ Spaun, that Fountains of Wayne song goes through my head?

Maybe not quite as bad as when I'm watching an NFL game and a pass is thrown in the direction of DJ Chark...

7 hours ago, laughedatbytime said:

His playing partner apparently didn't know either.

Bizarre.  Full relief is one of the most a basic rules of play

9 hours ago, goose said:

Bizarre.  Full relief is one of the most a basic rules of play

Yes it is, and also - have I ever been in a hazard that that made me want to stay in it somehow? It`s not much of a hazard unless you come wet and filthy... maybe that`s just a UK thing. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, IbanezJem said:

Yes it is, and also - have I ever been in a hazard that that made me want to stay in it somehow? It`s not much of a hazard unless you come wet and filthy... maybe that`s just a UK thing.

I guess the hospitality tents are quite different over there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, goose said:

He's going LIV, no?

That's the strong rumor though not yet confirmed.

On 8/16/2022 at 11:18 AM, Nova Carmina said:

Maybe his "hip discomfort" is not quite enough millions in his wallet . . .

More like too many!

Costanza walletitis

• Haha 1

Jack knew he was going to beat you. You knew Jack was going to beat you.  And Jack knew you knew he was going to beat you.

--  British Open champion Tom Weiskopf, who passed away on Saturday at the age of 79

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 4:10 AM, laughedatbytime said:

That's the strong rumor though not yet confirmed.

His interview answers regarding LIV are sophomoric at best. He says that all decisions about his career direction are made by other people, nothing to do with him, he couldn`t comment. :confused:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Principled Man said:

--  British Open champion Tom Weiskopf, who passed away on Saturday at the age of 79

Tom was one hell of a player and person

• Like 1

Final day of the tour championship and Scheffler going out with a six-stroke lead, I figured the thing was over.  By hole 7 McElroy had tied him, a result of going -3 while Scottie went +3.  It's been a three-way battle with Im in the mix as well. Just one back, when  Im missed a birdie chance it seemed to set him on tilt a bit which led to a double.  He followed with birdie, so we have the leaders at -21 and Im two back.

Strike that.  McElroy just made bogie after yanking a short approach to the short-side death zone.

Four holes to play...

9 minutes ago, goose said:

Strike that.  McElroy just made bogie after yanking a short approach to the short-side death zone.

And Rory roars back with a 30ft birdie on the par 3 hole15!

Scheffler, oddly one of the weakest putters on tour from 4 to 8 feet, misses another makeable putt to drop to -20.  With two to play, Rory has the lead alone at -21, with Scheff and Im one back.

6 hours ago, IbanezJem said:

Try that shot and see where it ends Rory, without a grandstand to save you, like every normal golfer has to! :yes:

That stroke of luck came on the heels of his other break of good fortune when he mashed it into the flagstick to end up six feet away rather than five yards off the green.

Better to be lucky...

• Like 1