Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

2021 Scottish Open, Round 3: Dean Burmester's Back 9 score card: Four consecutive 2's ! :notworthy:

Par 5 #10: 5

Par 4 #11: 4

Par 3 #12: 2 - Birdie

Par 4 #13: 2 - Hole Out Eagle. 177 yards

Par 3 #14: 2 - Birdie

Par 4 #15: 2 - Hole Out Eagle. 210 yards

Par 5 #16: 4 - Birdie

Par 3 #17: 3

Par 4 #18: 4

Score: 28 (7 under par)

And in true golf fashion he'll spend the night stewing over the par on #10. :lol:

Anyone here ever done anything like that? I managed 2 2`s many years ago, on the 4th and 5th at Farthingstone in Northamptonshire. Holed my second shot at the Par 5 4th (with a 5 iron, easily reachable in two if you get over the hill as it rolled miles in summer), and chipped in on the Par 3 5th. I never managed a hole-in-one but at least I had an albatross, a much rarer bird than an eagle :laughing guy:

I have only ever birdied a hole once. Last October I missed a hole in one by less than the width of the ball on a 150-yd downhill Par 3. It was early morning so you could still see the track of the ball through the dew on the green. I got a great photo of it but unfortunately I can't post photos here.

On average I shoot about a 52 or 53 on my morning 9.

I've never come close to anything like that! Good looking scorecard.

This morning I shot 48 on my morning 9, with two legit bad swings, including one near whiff. Had about six tap-in putts to finish holes; I can't decide if that means I was putting great or poorly. Golf, man.

So who's got a favorite for the Open Championship?

I think it's about time for Ben Curtis to win again.

Seriously, I'm horrible at these predictions and I don't really want to give anyone the kids of death. I'll just sit back and enjoy.

Edited by laughedatbytime

Jon Rahm, an obvious but perfectly reasonable choice of potential winner. Bryson to do something extreme, like drive a 500 yard hole and then six-putt. And as always, I`d like to see Rory take the lead and then collapse.

I stopped playing Golf once I couldn`t play to my handicap (between 9 and 11) every time, due to hand and arm pain. My Dad was beating me easily and that was no good, although nice for him in his early 70s ;)

• Like 2

Shot a 56 this morning. Don't know what it is about the 1st hole at this course but I have never done better than an 8.It's a straight uphill par 5. Except for my driver I was pulling everything right. I hit several perfect distance approach shots that wound up 10 to 20 yd right of the green. So instead of putting for birdie I am chipping into a trap and walking away with a 7.

Rahm is my early gut pick as well.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Zalatoris will not win, that`s for sure (sure-ish). I`ve not seen a pro as glitchy and scared over two-foot putts for some time, and this will cost him a lot of money if he doesn`t fix it.

The good thing about an Open in good weather is that whilst I miss the best players in the world facing humiliation, you do end up with a proper shoot-out and indiluted quality at the top of the board.

I`m not sure why Oosthuizen`s game does so little for me though.

• Like 1

Zalatoris will not win, that`s for sure (sure-ish). I`ve not seen a pro as glitchy and scared over two-foot putts for some time, and this will cost him a lot of money if he doesn`t fix it.

No, you can put that one in your "sure" bin -- he's withdrawn with back injury! When he made that wild swing out of the rough on Thursday, I thought, "Damn, I hope he didn't hurt his back."

• Like 1

Douche-ambeau is off to a wonderful start. I hope he shoots an 80 today.

:laughing guy: :goodone:

Edited by pjbear05

:lol:

Bryson, when asked about his driver: "It sucks."

Edited by goose

The good thing about an Open in good weather is that whilst I miss the best players in the world facing humiliation, you do end up with a proper shoot-out and indiluted quality at the top of the board.

Oostie, Morikawa, Spieth, DJ, Scheffler. Not a bad leaderboard. But -11, -9, -8...should an Open be this easy?

Despite its reputation, Royal St. George's has a history of giving up low scores.

Henry Cotton set the major championship record with a 65 in 1934 when the British Open was held on the undulating links in England. Greg Norman became the first player to win the claret jug with all four rounds in the 60s at Royal St. George's in 1993.

This year, however, has been as exception as the pleasant, summer weather off Sandwich Bay.

Through 36 holes, 11 players have shot 65 or better — one more than the previous 14 times the Open has come to Royal St. George's.

https://www.beloitdailynews.com/sports/low-scoring-at-british-and-its-easy-to-understand-why/article_44efaa66-235f-51ed-b5e3-6584669fc9ab.html

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

Oostie, Morikawa, Spieth, DJ, Scheffler. Not a bad leaderboard. But -11, -9, -8...should an Open be this easy?

Despite its reputation, Royal St. George's has a history of giving up low scores.

Henry Cotton set the major championship record with a 65 in 1934 when the British Open was held on the undulating links in England. Greg Norman became the first player to win the claret jug with all four rounds in the 60s at Royal St. George's in 1993.

This year, however, has been as exception as the pleasant, summer weather off Sandwich Bay.

Through 36 holes, 11 players have shot 65 or better — one more than the previous 14 times the Open has come to Royal St. George's.

https://www.beloitda...84669fc9ab.html

I`m not allowed to view the link as I`m in the wrong continent :huh: but the first Open I remember watching was 1985 at Royal St. Georges, when Sandy Lyle won and I think he was +1? Payne Stewart second on +2. Links courses are so reliant on the weather it can be a poor test, other than on the greens. I`ve played when my umbrella was blowing inside out on the front nine, but could hit 450 with a drive and a wedge with the wind behind. I suppose that`s why the Masters is the best, as the course needs no help.

And the Open should be in Scotland. Kent indeed...

Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 2

Cobra's (supplier of DoucheBo's sticks) rep verbally went at it with him after he ran his piehole about their clubs.

Cobra's (supplier of DoucheBo's sticks) rep verbally went at it with him after he ran his piehole about their clubs.

Bryson issued a lengthy apology. Not sure he should need a "learning moment" like this as he described it, but hey, at least he carries on trying his best when he`s playing badly. Rory really could do with a little injection of that kind of intestinal fortitude, how to keep trying if you have a setback.
  • Like 1

Bryson issued a lengthy apology. Not sure he should need a "learning moment" like this as he described it, but hey, at least he carries on trying his best when he`s playing badly. Rory really could do with a little injection of that kind of intestinal fortitude, how to keep trying if you have a setback.

I'm an endorser of Cobra Speedzones. I just don't get paid. Or recognized. Or free clubs. I got a full set for about half price because a friend had a connection at Puma. I like them but my scores haven't drastically improved from my old set. But when I hit them solid there's definitely a difference in distance.

I'm an endorser of Cobra Speedzones. I just don't get paid. Or recognized. Or free clubs. I got a full set for about half price because a friend had a connection at Puma. I like them but my scores haven't drastically improved from my old set. But when I hit them solid there's definitely a difference in distance.

...wherever it goes.

:P

• Like 1

Spieth gacked a one-footer on 18 to add insult to injury after a bogie on 17. He sits at -9, three behind Ostie when he could and should have finished at -11.

Could be a rough night's sleep.

So that's why in a post round interview Friday Koepka said "I love my driver."

Edited by laughedatbytime

:laughing guy:

:laughing guy:

I think that rivalry is staged. The PGA has has a 40 million dollar social media impact fund. They're probably texting each other to set up each round.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/golf/56898277

Contrasting stories so far. Oostie has struggled of the tee, giving two strokes back to sit at -10, while Morikawa is striping it. With birdies at 7 and 8, he has a three stroke lead at -13 through eight holes...

Spieth overshoots #12 green, while Oostie makes birdie on #11 after nearly jarring it for an ace. Morikawa gets his par after a nice lag on the lengthy par 3.

Spieth nearly chips in from behind the green, for a nice par save.