Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Morikawa dodges a bullet at 14 with a bold approach rom 189yds that just gets over the left greenside bunker. It somehow sits on the green left of the flag, Morikawa just misses the try for birdie, gets the tap in par. Oostie misses his attempt at a scramble par, drops to -10.

It's a two-man race now. Morikawa at -14 and safely off the 15th tee, and Spieth now sitting just one stroke back after a nice birdie just ahead on the par 5.

Morikawa dodges a bullet at 14 with a bold approach rom 189yds that just gets over the left greenside bunker. It somehow sits on the green left of the flag, Morikawa just misses the try for birdie, gets the tap in par. Oostie misses his attempt at a scramble par, drops to -10.

It's a two-man race now. Morikawa at -14 and safely off the 15th tee, and Spieth now sitting just one stroke back after a nice birdie just ahead on the par 5.

These two guys are really dueling. I like Morikowa, but Spieth was down by five earlier and I love a good comeback.

These two guys are really dueling. I like Morikowa, but Spieth was down by five earlier and I love a good comeback.

Morikawa got his bird on the par 5, so he's up two with four to go. He just hit a drive that skirted the fairway bunkers, while Spieth shorted his tee shot on the par 3 16th. Running out of holes...

Hold on! Morikawa pulls his approach into the greenside junk. It ain't over yet!

Spieth just missed a makeable birdie putt on 17. Down by two, he needed that one. Morikowa isn't going to collapse on the last few holes, so I think he's got this one.

He earned it. Clutch putting when he needed it. Congrats to Collin.
  • Like 1

Age 24, two majors won on his first try. Not too shabby!

And he's a super-likeable guy. Nice acceptance speech.

Seems like the most grounded young guy on tour.

Seems like the most grounded young guy on tour.

Spieth and Collin for a few years? I`ll watch. Not fancying this Ryder Cup much from a European perspective.

I wonder if the British press is giving him grief for calling it the "British Open".

I was wondering that as well. Typical ignorant American!

I wonder if the British press is giving him grief for calling it the "British Open".

I think there's slowly an acceptance - whisper it - that Britain might not be the centre of the universe after all. The Masters doesn't need clarification but nor does The Open to me - as the best two tournaments in the game.
  • Like 1

First round of FedEx cup playoffs starts tomorrow, The Northern Trust! I'll be a marshal on the 14th hole - the signature hole with the Statue of Liberty in perfect view. Par 3. I'll be there tomorrow for Pro Am and then Friday and Sunday. Seriously, look for me on TV, apparently there's a TV tower at our hole with the almighty Jim Nantz and Sir Nick! I'll be one of the few women - hair in a ponytail. Looking fierce with my hands in the air trying to tame the unruly crowd. (they actually do get quite unruly as they get drunker)
  • Like 3

First round of FedEx cup playoffs starts tomorrow, The Northern Trust! I'll be a marshal on the 14th hole - the signature hole with the Statue of Liberty in perfect view. Par 3. I'll be there tomorrow for Pro Am and then Friday and Sunday. Seriously, look for me on TV, apparently there's a TV tower at our hole with the almighty Jim Nantz and Sir Nick! I'll be one of the few women - hair in a ponytail. Looking fierce with my hands in the air trying to tame the unruly crowd. (they actually do get quite unruly as they get drunker)

Very cool! I hear Ricky Fowler is volunteering as well.

:P

• Like 2

Very cool! I hear Ricky Fowler is volunteering as well.

:P

Bwahahahaah

• Like 1

Last round postponed till Monday. I am SO BUMMED...can't get the day off.

I saw Nick Faldo on Friday and said "well hello Sir Nick!" and he said hello back. It was cool.

Anyway, a real bummer, I've been volunteering with this same crew for about 5 years now and this was our last one because this one won't be here next year.

• Like 1

Last round postponed till Monday. I am SO BUMMED...can't get the day off.

I saw Nick Faldo on Friday and said "well hello Sir Nick!" and he said hello back. It was cool.

Anyway, a real bummer, I've been volunteering with this same crew for about 5 years now and this was our last one because this one won't be here next year.

Sorry to hear that. There were some good rounds shot today!
  • Like 1

DeChambeau and Cantlay going at it today, with Cantlay getting the early upper hand. Bryson two back at -23 after Cantlay makes birdie at #5. That birdie caps a five-hole start of birdie-birdie-par-birdie-birdie.

Through ten holes, Bryson has turned things around, making birdies while Cantlay has made bogie. Cantlay now one back at -24.

This is a fun two-some,as the two have very different approaches to the game.

On tge first playoff holes,, Cantlay nearly jars a beautiful flop from the rough above the hole. Bryson just misses his uphill birdie putt, so it's off to hols two.

Don`t fancy Bryson now it has come to a "putt-off". That tense left arm... looks dodgy in these tense moments. (But I`ve been wrong before :eyeroll: )

Urrrggggggggghhhhh... what a mess.

Edited by IbanezJem