Triple article from the Feb 2016 issue of PROG now online

Jag2112

So what would it take to get the three of you in the studio together?

I think it would just take a couple of phone calls, really. Forget all this nonsense about touring, I need to write some songs. [Pauses] I'm going to do it anyway. Alex and I have already talked about it. The only thing we haven't talked about is whether Neil's going to come along for that ride.

Have you had that conversation with him separately? Have you broached the subject of a new Rush album?

No.

But you're saying that you and Alex could do an album together, not as Rush?

Yeah.

Are you considering it?

It's an option.

And what would it sound like?

[Laughs] Probably like Rush without Neil.

• Like 8

Thanks for putting it up although I don't expect to find anything we don't already know.

Me too.

If there is something new to report, would someone be so kind as to post it so I don't have to sit and wait an hour with my dial up for the interviews to load?

Thanks for posting the link

On tours:

They're fun for me. Apparently not so much fun for Neil

I love touring. I don't love being away from my family, I don't love living in hotels, but I love playing. So it's hard for me to envision my life without playing. I'd say the same is true for Al.

Interesting way of putting it

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

I think it would just take a couple of phone calls, really. Forget all this nonsense about touring, I need to write some songs. [Pauses] I'm going to do it anyway. Alex and I have already talked about it. The only thing we haven't talked about is whether Neil's going to come along for that ride.

Have you had that conversation with him separately? Have you broached the subject of a new Rush album?

No.

Yeah.

Are you considering it?

It's an option.

I was just about to quote that too! Classic.

I find it really telling that they've not discussed it at all with him. Seems like if they've talked about it with each other, there would be at least some kind of communication going on.

I find it really telling that they've not discussed it at all with him. Seems like if they've talked about it with each other, there would be at least some kind of communication going on.

I don't know...it's hard to believe that they haven't talked about stuff. They have just known each other to long not to talk at least once a week.

I don't know...it's hard to believe that they haven't talked about stuff. They have just known each other to long not to talk at least once a week.

I find it completely believable that GedAl don't talk to Cornelius on a regular basis. GedAl are life partners, to Cornelius they're business partners (or so he acts..."the guys at work" and all that).

• Like 2

No.

Yeah.

Are you considering it?

It's an option.

I find this an utterly fascinating quote. And quite revealing.

• Like 1

I find it completely believable that GedAl don't talk to Cornelius on a regular basis. GedAl are life partners, to Cornelius they're business partners (or so he acts..."the guys at work" and all that).

Can we officially call their new band GedAl then? First album title: "GedAltofhere"!

• Like 4

When Peter Tork left the Monkees, Mike Nesmith bought him a watch and had it inscribed "From the guys at work". I'm sure its an inside joke between the boys. Like I've said before and I truly believe this, many people here, yourself included seem to be projecting an awful lot onto Neil.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 2

When Peter Tork left the Monkees, Mike Nesmith bought him a watch and had it inscribed "From the guys at work". I'm sure its an inside joke between the boys. Like I've said before and I truly believe this, many people here, yourself included seem to be projecting an awful lot onto Neil.

Agreed. I just took "the guys at work" to be a fun way of referring to them. Neil writes his books for a wider audience than just Rush fans, and that's a more concise way of explaining "Geddy and Alex, my two fellow musicians in Rush, the band I've been playing with for n years."

There is bitterness here from Geddy .. His answer to the very first question is very honest, and while we have beaten the Neil horse dead, we're giving opinions here not on Neil, but on quotes from Geddy ..

Geddy is upset, it is obvious

. . . I put a lot of love and a lot of myself into the designing of the tour ... So I was kind of melancholy watching it, to be honest, because I wanted to bring that show to everyone. And circumstances have made that impossible. So it's kind of bittersweet for me to see it

It would be natural and understandable if Geddy ( and most likely Alex too ) actually want to do something without Neil ..

I don't care how old someone is, or how long you have been around another person .. Human nature loves a well deserved F**K YOU

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

There is bitterness here from Geddy .. His answer to the very first question is very honest, and while we have beaten the Neil horse dead, we're giving opinions here not on Neil, but on quotes from Geddy ..

. . . I put a lot of love and a lot of myself into the designing of the tour ... So I was kind of melancholy watching it, to be honest, because I wanted to bring that show to everyone. And circumstances have made that impossible. So it's kind of bittersweet for me to see it

It would be natural and understandable if Geddy ( and most likely Alex too ) actually want to do something without Neil ..

I don't care how old someone is, or how long you have been around another person .. Human nature loves a well deserved F**K YOU

Neil has always been kind of the odd man out. He seems to spend as little time as possible with the other guys when they're on tour and from his writing it's obvious, and he has said as much, that it's a job. I think he still gets excited about making drum solos but from the lack of reaction that he got from everyone about the composition of his last one for the tour that's also telling.

• Like 3

I got piled on for for saying exactly this.

• Like 2

http://www.therushfo...20#entry3887751

http://www.therushfo...g-to-geddy-lee/

I already posted this stuff. ������������������

We know. It's just being discussed again because it was posted in full from another source.

I think they haven't spoken with Neil because Neil didn't really want to do this tour and they were probably afraid of the answer. It is probably better to let Neil get home, relax and have time with his family and time to experience a little boredom. Then, either Neil may call to suggest recording or Geddy and Alex will agree that they want to start and will call Neil then to see if he is interested and to discuss schedules and logistics. Had they asked at the end of the tour Neil would probably have said no or not now and then they might be more afraid to ask again.
  • Like 4

Not projecting. Reading between the lines of what is published.

Barnes And Noble only has Issue 62 in stock!! UGH!

The one with all the names and the gold cover? That's the one I keep seeing the past few weeks when I've been in there.

• Like 1