Triple article from the Feb 2016 issue of PROG now online

Jag2112

Barnes And Noble only has Issue 62 in stock!! UGH!

Earl, if you want to, you can order a single issue from them-

https://subscribe.teamrock.com/prog/issue-63

It is 9.99 British pounds, which is about $ 14.50. I have a tendency to order weird stuff late at night and succumbed to this offer about 2 weeks ago! It has not come yet, though, so I don't know how long it will take. We don't have a Barnes and Noble anywhere near by. My son and I made a mutual agreement to stay off Amazon late at night years ago! :D :D

• Like 1

The one with all the names and the gold cover? That's the one I keep seeing the past few weeks when I've been in there.

Yep! Exactly!

I've noticed there is about a three week delay so I am sure it will come but I can't wait!

• Like 1

Earl, if you want to, you can order a single issue from them-

https://subscribe.te...m/prog/issue-63

It is 9.99 British pounds, which is about $ 14.50. I have a tendency to order weird stuff late at night and succumbed to this offer about 2 weeks ago! It has not come yet, though, so I don't know how long it will take. We don't have a Barnes and Noble anywhere near by. My son and I made a mutual agreement to stay off Amazon late at night years ago! :D :D

Haha! Thanks for the link! yep I just bough Issue 62. 14.99 US

All good!!!

I'm surprised the newest issue isn't $21.12!

• Like 1

There is bitterness here from Geddy .. His answer to the very first question is very honest, and while we have beaten the Neil horse dead, we're giving opinions here not on Neil, but on quotes from Geddy ..

Geddy is upset, it is obvious

. . . I put a lot of love and a lot of myself into the designing of the tour ... So I was kind of melancholy watching it, to be honest, because I wanted to bring that show to everyone. And circumstances have made that impossible. So it's kind of bittersweet for me to see it

It would be natural and understandable if Geddy ( and most likely Alex too ) actually want to do something without Neil ..

I don't care how old someone is, or how long you have been around another person .. Human nature loves a well deserved F**K YOU

I got piled on for for saying exactly this.

It goes without saying that I do not personally know Geddy Lee, but I have watched/read countless interviews. I know his tone and how he speaks.

And I have been, since the end of R40, picking up from each interview given, a real tone of resentment regarding Neil. He's choosing his words carefully, and almost speaking them through clenched teeth so to remind himself to be careful not to say too much. But it's getting worse because he seems to be getting more annoyed as more time goes by.

• Like 3

Even if Neil doesn't want to record a new album, I hope he would at least be talked into writing the lyrics.

Who needs his lyrics? Nothing special about them.

Tombstone writes better stuff.

Gulp!

Now, now, TM, no false modesty. You write from the heart.

So, the future of Rush is all settled then.

Earl will replace Neil on the drums.

Tombstone will be the lyricist.

And great fame will come to TRF for having saved Rush with two of its members!

:)

• Like 1

Also, I thing there are a lot of interesting musicans that Ged and Al could play with. Not just drummers. For 40 years the guys have been (mostly) in isolation - I know there have been a number of guest spots.... and also their own solo albums. But still - think of the possibilities of a supergroups kind of album with guys from any combination of the follwing ... Yes, The Who, DT... Steven Wilson/PT.....
  • Like 2

Even if Neil doesn't want to record a new album, I hope he would at least be talked into writing the lyrics.

Gulp!

I play bass too...just sayin
  • Like 3

Gulp!

The future of Rush is looking brighter.

Gulp!

I can play bass as well. I can also sing.

Just not at the same time.

• Like 3

There is bitterness here from Geddy .. His answer to the very first question is very honest, and while we have beaten the Neil horse dead, we're giving opinions here not on Neil, but on quotes from Geddy ..

. . . I put a lot of love and a lot of myself into the designing of the tour ... So I was kind of melancholy watching it, to be honest, because I wanted to bring that show to everyone. And circumstances have made that impossible. So it's kind of bittersweet for me to see it

It would be natural and understandable if Geddy ( and most likely Alex too ) actually want to do something without Neil ..

I don't care how old someone is, or how long you have been around another person .. Human nature loves a well deserved F**K YOU

It goes without saying that I do not personally know Geddy Lee, but I have watched/read countless interviews. I know his tone and how he speaks.

And I have been, since the end of R40, picking up from each interview given, a real tone of resentment regarding Neil. He's choosing his words carefully, and almost speaking them through clenched teeth so to remind himself to be careful not to say too much. But it's getting worse because he seems to be getting more annoyed as more time goes by.

Really?

Because reading the exact same passage, I detect no annoyance. Rather, it seems to me that Geddy was hoping for an extension to the tour, but didn't get it. He's been in a band long enough to know how these band decisions work. He's got to respect Neil's wishes -- at least for now.

Give Neil some time to be a Dad, and I suspect that about the time the kid goes to school, Neil is going to realize that he can take some time to write and even tour without adverse impact. He just needs to come to that realization.

Edited by Ron2112
  • Like 1

Really?

Because reading the exact same passage, I detect no annoyance. Rather, it seems to me that Geddy was hoping for an extension to the tour, but didn't get it. He's been in a band long enough to know how these band decisions work. He's got to respect Neil's wishes -- at least for now.

Give Neil some time to be a Dad, and I suspect that about the time the kid goes to school, Neil is going to realize that he can take some time to write and even tour without adverse impact. He just needs to come to that realization.

Yes, really.

Really?

Yes, really.

My copy of Prog Issue 63 just came in the mail !! Now I can read the articles - happy dance, happy dance! :LOL:

I agree with Lorraine- there seems to have been something in these series of R40 live series of interviews with Geddy that wasn't there this summer, when in interviews he would just whip off, "Neil has a young child and a long tour would be difficult, " or whatever. This winter it seems like there is a tenseness in Geddy when asked about the band situation that seems more than just being asked the same question for the 500th time.

• Like 4

I'm sure he's getting annoyed about the "future of the band" questions, when he just wants to promote the live album... but I DO agree that the more these interviews go on, the more he's coming to terms that Neil is claiming he's done....

It almost seems from how some of the questions have been answered, that they go through this tour after tour as far as having a second leg, and I'd be willing to bet that this was the same situation, and by the end, they all thought "ok, let's do round two" and the call to whomever does the scheduling was around the corner, except Neil wasn't buying it, and said "No round two"....and it ended! I mean look at what went into the production that's all now stuck in some warehouse getting dusty (and someone's trying to figure out what to do with it)

I thought that that there'd be a second leg, like usual...then some big blow out at Massey Hall (at $5,000.00 per ticket donated to charity) as the last live gig, and recorded for posterity (not to mention them selling a copy of their Caress of Steel tour show from there, when they played the whole album)

• Like 1

I'm sure he's getting annoyed about the "future of the band" questions, when he just wants to promote the live album... but I DO agree that the more these interviews go on, the more he's coming to terms that Neil is claiming he's done....

It almost seems from how some of the questions have been answered, that they go through this tour after tour as far as having a second leg, and I'd be willing to bet that this was the same situation, and by the end, they all thought "ok, let's do round two" and the call to whomever does the scheduling was around the corner, except Neil wasn't buying it, and said "No round two"....and it ended! I mean look at what went into the production that's all now stuck in some warehouse getting dusty (and someone's trying to figure out what to do with it)

I thought that that there'd be a second leg, like usual...then some big blow out at Massey Hall (at $5,000.00 per ticket donated to charity) as the last live gig, and recorded for posterity (not to mention them selling a copy of their Caress of Steel tour show from there, when they played the whole album)

I thought it was a shame as well that they put so much into the production of this tour and then to only do 30 some shows? They were really kicking it and to have Neil pull the plug had to really hurt. They probably hoped that he would change his mind as the tour got underway.

• Like 3

I thought it was a shame as well that they put so much into the production of this tour and then to only do 30 some shows? They were really kicking it and to have Neil pull the plug had to really hurt. They probably hoped that he would change his mind as the tour got underway.

Maybe they didn't take Neil at his word. Do we really think that Neil, who hates touring, would change his mind about touring while going through the grind? Sounds real freaking naive.

They knew it before the tour started.

• Like 3

Maybe they didn't take Neil at his word. Do we really think that Neil, who hates touring, would change his mind about touring while going through the grind? Sounds real freaking naive.

We don't know that for certain.

We do know before the tour that it was the last major tour. We know that. Health issues were a focus of pre-interviews. My gosh it seemed every article emphasized that aspect. "This will likely be our last major tour" was all over the place. Geddy also spoke about Neil not being the bad guy for not wanting to tour, or the one wanting to pull the plug on Rush. Geddy and Alex knew Neil was dicey, if not resolute, at that point. Edited by Tombstone Mountain
  • Like 2

BOOM! You nailed it! Of course they knew.

• Like 2

We do know before the tour that it was the last major tour. We know that. Health issues were a focus of pre-interviews. My gosh it seemed every article emphasized that aspect. "This will likely be our last major tour" was all over the place. Geddy also spoke about Neil not being the bad guy for not wanting to tour, or the one wanting to pull the plug on Rush. Geddy and Alex knew Neil was dicey, if not resolute, at that point.

Yes but Geddy has said that they had hoped to add at least Europe to their tour schedule and they were still waiting on dates for Cleveland which never worked out.

• Like 1