What is your favourite song in the "FEAR" qualdrilogy?

TheWatchMaker97

I think WH,TW,TEW could all be played together as suite but Freeze would sound out.There is over twenty years between these songs and Neil's writing style,not to mention the bands,had changed.I very much doubt that Neil had those lyrics around since the early eighties.Now what happened to that Gangster of Boats Trilogy nonsense? Edited by grasbo

Yep,it's nonsense.

I think WH,TW,TEW could all be played together as suite but Freeze would sound out.There is over twenty years between these songs and Neil's writing style,not to mention the bands,had changed.I very much doubt that Neil had those lyrics around since the early eighties.Now what happened to that Gangster of Boats Trilogy nonsense?

That was an inside joke with the guys. "Part FOUR of the Gangster of Boats TRILOGY".
  • Like 1

This whole fear quadrilogy missed its mark imo

The songs really don't connect in any meaningful manner, do they? If they weren't labeled as "Part X of Fear", you'd never know they were intended to compliment each other.

Or maybe they weren't?

I guess they're connected from the lyrics perspective, at best. All the songs mention some form of fear, right? But I see what you're saying, this could have been huge, with self references all over the place (sonically and lyrically), but somehow it fell short.

My favourite is one of Lorraine's favourite Rush songs as well: The Weapon.

Witch Hunt. Because for years it was the first song of the 3, and it just kicks ass. The mood it evokes, the contrast between the opening and that first guitar riff.

Freeze too - simply because it came to be, after the hiatus. Heavy, rocking.

Witchhunt because it comes first— I mean, it comes last... I mean my favorite is The Weapon because it's the first hardest thing I learned on drums and when I saw it on the Signals tour Neil tossed his drumstick during the main riff... lest any of us get too big for our breeches.

I already made a thread like this!

Which thread is your favorite and why?

1. Witch Hunt

2. The Enemy Within

3. Freeze

4. The Weapon

Freeze. I love that refrain that ends with "like a cornered beast, or a conquering hero."
  • Like 2

1. Witch Hunt

2. The Enemy Within

3. Freeze

4. The Weapon

Whoops! Are you okay? I think you tripped and dropped your songs and got them mixed up! Here, let me help you get them sorted . . . .

The Weapon - one of the very best songs Rush ever did. If they had did it this tour, R40 would have been perfect.

Absolutely agree. The Weapon is way high on my list of all time Rush favorites. Would have been an amazing addition to the R40 setlist. Can't get enough of Neil playing with his headphones and Geddy popping the Steinberger on GUP live.

1. Witch Hunt

2. The Enemy Within

3. Freeze

4. The Weapon

Whoops! Are you okay? I think you tripped and dropped your songs and got them mixed up! Here, let me help you get them sorted . . . .

No blad!

My correct order for that day!

Enemy Within! It's fantastic! To rank the others:

2) Witch hunt - It's pretty good, not great

3) Freeze - It's pretty good too

4) The Weapon - I absolutely DESPISE this song! It's TERRIBLE. (to me)

• Like 1

Super close toss-up between Witch Hunt and The Enemy Within, but I think I'll give the gold to the former. It's just so dark, and intriguing. Keeps me on edge every time I give it a listen. The Enemy Within is sort of sentimentals as one of the first Rush songs I heard, and it's always been up there in my favorites as well. As for the others, I really like Freeze and the Weapon is just meh besides all that synth work.

The Weapon is a nice song that this forum massively overrates.
  • Like 2