You Can't Fight It

Lucas

I am almost ashamed to admit, but up until about 5 minutes ago, I had no idea this song existed .. Can't Fight It was the B side to their first single, a cover of Not Fade Away - apparently neither making it onto the debut ...

Where the heck have I been ??

For a split second in the beginning, the riff sounds like the seeds of The Analog Kid

As with all early RUSH, Alex is on fire .....

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

... and apologies for asking again, but how the heck do I embed the youtube video in the post ?

Remove the "s" from "https".

Nice call on the connection to Analog Kid

• Like 1

... and apologies for asking again, but how the heck do I embed the youtube video in the post ?

Remove the "s" from "https".

Nice call on the connection to Analog Kid

thanks Goose

I am almost ashamed to admit, but up until about 5 minutes ago, I had no idea this song existed .. Can't Fight It was the B side to their first single, a cover of Not Fade Away - apparently neither making it onto the debut ...

For a split second in the beginning, the riff sounds like the seeds of The Analog Kid

On fire indeed. Folks just don't know what they are missing with the Debut...
  • Like 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU3H8E7L7a0

It's okay many long time fans ignore the first album and know almost nothing aboot it.

Maybe Lorraine needs to start a poll?

This is old news.....

Zumbi...buddy...its stuff like this that makes posting things like "I vote Feedback" so irresistible.

You might think you know everything, but some of us content with just the studio albums can at times be surprised by what else there is to offer from Rush.

• Like 4

As i said in another post sometimes i wonder what a real fan is and if i am a real one...

I mean, all of you like "but this is no new" and im here on the "i have just figured it out" team

Edited by mother of all machines
  • Like 2

As i said in another post sometimes i wonder what a real fan is and if i am a real one...

I mean, all of you like "but this is no new" and im here on the "i have just figured it out" team

There are fans.

And then there are those who need a life.

You, buddy bud bud, have all the signs of one who has, indeed, got a life.

• Like 2

I've been following the band since the late 70's. I found out about Garden Road and Not Fade Away this past year. I haven't known about Can't Fight It until just now.

The quality of my 35-year enjoyment of the Band in no way depends on my knowing every single song - A-side or B-side.

If I know 99.9% of the songs, will that 0.1% demote me from TrueRushFanTM status? F*UCK NO ......

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU3H8E7L7a0

On fire indeed. Folks just don't know what they are missing with the Debut...

Good melodies, original songs, great drumming, acceptable lyrics? I like the debut, but it just isn't up to Rush's standards.

If you like Rush becuase they are great musicians and writers and performers and becuase they are all really great people. Then you are a true fan. Whether or not you know every single song and every single detail and fact is irrelevant.

• Like 2

If you like Rush becuase they are great musicians and writers and performers and becuase they are all really great people. Then you are a true fan. Whether or not you know every single song and every single detail and fact is irrelevant.

So very true. It has become a dick measuring contest with some people. It's not a big deal. Appreciating these three(four) for who they are and what they have contributed to rock is what's important.

• Like 1

This is old news.....

lol

yes, talk of this song must have been buried amongst the ten thousand polls here

:clap: x Infinity!!!!
  • Like 1

So very true. It has become a dick measuring contest with some people. It's not a big deal. Appreciating these three(four) for who they are and what they have contributed to rock is what's important.

I'm using a chicken to measure it.

I now think the debut, as generic as it is, is a truly wonderful seventies rock album. Revolutionary? No. But originality isn't always needed to write great music.

I really enjoy the debut. It has a lot going for it.

• Like 1