Your Top Female Performers You've Seen Live

g under p

I saw Joan Jett last year, she put on a good show (it was a town festival with Foghat, Joan Jett, and Cheap Trick .. great show). I saw Lita Ford in the late 80s, really solid show and she just looked great.

But the best I have seen live has to be Heart. Incredible vocals, great songs, just an all around fun time and they still sound good.

• Like 2

I saw Joan Jett last year, she put on a good show (it was a town festival with Foghat, Joan Jett, and Cheap Trick .. great show). I saw Lita Ford in the late 80s, really solid show and she just looked great.

But the best I have seen live has to be Heart. Incredible vocals, great songs, just an all around fun time and they still sound good.

You are spot on about Heart.....saw them down here in Hollywood FL in November and put a great show. To the point where the 10-12k fans were screaming throughtout the show. The best show last year I was able to go out and see...I got layed up for 4 months after ankle surgery.

• Like 2

The best female performer I remember seeing is Chrissie Hynde.

The only female performer I remember seeing is Chrissie Hynde.

The thing is, I don't like her or the Pretenders. But they were opening for Iggy Pop once, and that's the only reason I've seen her. I am, however, looking forward to seeing Nightwish with their new singer in a few months!

I have not seen a female performer live yet, but it is a few that I would like to see...

First one is:

Lita Ford, You guys might know her as the guitar player from the all-girl band The Runaways. But in 1983 she released her first solo album, there she both play guitar and sing. I really like her sound, my favorite album is her latest album Living Like A Runaway, and here is my favorite song from that album:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnHR5ofZyhw&spfreload=10

And the second one is:

Magenta, it is a prog rock band that released their first album in 2001, and their singer got a awesome voice. Before I heard this band, I did not liked when females was singing at all, but her voice is just amazing. And it does also help that they got a awesome guitar-player, my second favorite after Lifeson, just look at this video:

And the third and last one is:

P!nk, believe it or not, but I do like her, she have made some good songs that I like, and she do seem to make concerts there it happens much, I can´t say I am a huge fan but some songs are good, like this one:

P!nk, believe it or not, but I do like her, she have made some good songs that I like, and she do seem to make concerts there it happens much, I can´t say I am a huge fan but some songs are good, like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqG5aRxAG1g&spfreload=10

I think she's a very talented singer, but I don't care for the genre she sings in, if that makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqG5aRxAG1g&spfreload=10

I think she's a very talented singer, but I don't care for the genre she sings in, if that makes sense.

Yes, and I agree with you! She was a bit blues rock on her 3rd album, and I liked that, but then she left that style and went more pop rock, and I don't like that.

• Like 1

Ginger Lynn hands down

You've seen her live?

For me it was in the mid 90s. I met a girl who was hawking Captain Morgan's Rum at a bar in the Back Bay area of Boston. She was dressed up as a pirate.

Never saw her in person but on film I certainly have. She was (and maybe still is) a super talent...
  • Like 1

Ginger Lynn hands down

You've seen her live?

For me it was in the mid 90s. I met a girl who was hawking Captain Morgan's Rum at a bar in the Back Bay area of Boston. She was dressed up as a pirate.

Never saw her in person but on film I certainly have. She was (and maybe still is) a super talent...

The girl from Daisy Buchanan's was an actress? How do you know that? How do you even know who she was? ;)

• Like 1

Ginger Lynn hands down

You've seen her live?

The girl from Daisy Buchanan's was an actress? How do you know that? How do you even know who she was? ;)

Never said she was an actress I just said I have seen a few of her films way back in the day.... ;)
  • Like 1

Ginger Lynn hands down

You've seen her live?

Never said she was an actress I just said I have seen a few of her films way back in the day.... ;)

Wow. This is spooky. I don't even remember her name. And I didn't know I knew you back in the mid 90s. And I thought only my roommate at the time could confirm that a) I did bring a girl back to the apartment and b) she was smoking hot. Now I have you to say that she was in fact an actress. This is awesome. :)

• Like 1

The best female rock & roll performer I've seen was Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart) way back in the early 80's. Their Bebe le Strange tour.

I've also seen Patty Smyth with Scandal way back in the 80's. She was really good, too.

Honorable Mention goes to the two dancing girls who danced all night on stage for Guns & Roses, at The Joint in Las Vegas' Hard Rock Hotel. :P :P

• Like 1

Ginger Lynn hands down

You've seen her live?

Now she's taken a fancy to performing on dark sausage. Still an amazing set of pipes

• Like 1

Natalie Pa‘apa’a Frontwoman of Blue King Brown.....

Began Her music as a street percussionist, as well as with a band called Skin, before forming Blue King Brown. They opened for Michael Franti and Spearhead back in 2006, I did 3 city tour with them through VA. Mainly a roots, reggae band out of Australia with about 8 members.

the closest thing to a female performer I've ever seen is geddy.

this thread made me realize I've never seen a woman live.

Me too! Holy shit what's up with that!

Although I did once know a girl who could perform.. Um- actually nevermind .. Lol

Darby Mills! Just remembered I saw The Headpins about 5 years ago at a free concert. You know what? She still had that powerful voice. I was amazed actually!

And speaking of Tina Turner, a buddy of mine saw her in a very small town here in Alberta Canada a week before Private Dancer came out! She was nothing back then but when Private Dancer hit stores she took off like crazy but this little show was in a bandshell in a small field. Amazing!

Edited by MMCXII

Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart)

Gwen Stefani (No Doubt)

Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

Annette Olzon (ex-Nightwish)

Lizzy Hale (Halestorm)

Orianthi (Alice Cooper guitarist)

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

Like P/G, I saw Tina Turner, but just as her Private Dancer album was breaking. She opened for Lionel Richie. :ph34r:

As for other female performers, I've seen...

Pat Benatar (stellar)

Bonnie Rait (excellent)

Bjork (with the SugarCubes)

Christine McVie (with Fleetwood Mac)

Cindy Wilson and Kate Pierson (with the B52s)

Chrissie Hynde and Annie Lennox are two I'd love to see...and Exene Cervenka with X.

The only female performer I've seen live is Bonnie Raitt. Great voice and oodles of charm.

For many years I preferred men singing but lately it has shifted towards women. In fact my band have a female singer on trial as of now.

Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart)

Gwen Stefani (No Doubt)

Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

Annette Olzon (ex-Nightwish)

This is just all too much for me to take in.

I am so jealous of you!

And yay! Someone else mentions Gwen in a positive way!