Your Top Female Performers You've Seen Live

g under p

The only female performer I've seen live was Brix Smith when she was part of The FalI way back when but I would have loved to see either Kate Bush or Elizabeth Frazier of the Cocteau Twins, way back when.

Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart)

Gwen Stefani (No Doubt)

Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

Annette Olzon (ex-Nightwish)

This is just all too much for me to take in.

I am so jealous of you!

And yay! Someone else mentions Gwen in a positive way!

Gwen might get shit because of the reality show she's on right now in America, i'm not sure. Her voice is unique, so I can see why people may not like that and criticise her for it. But as an on stage performer, she was outstanding. I saw No Doubt back in 2002 on the Rock Steady tour and there are very few front people i've seen that had more energy than her. I don't know how she is on stage now but back then she never stood still. She was constantly running around the stage, dancing and jumping around. All the activity didn't affect her singing too much which I remember being the most impressed with after the show. The lady had some damn good cardio at that time. I never paid much attention to the band since they broke up not too long after that. When they released their reunion album a few years ago, I found that I really didn't care either way about it but at the time I saw this show I was a fan.

Ann & Nancy Wilson (Heart)

Gwen Stefani (No Doubt)

Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation)

Cristina Scabbia (Lacuna Coil)

Annette Olzon (ex-Nightwish)

This is just all too much for me to take in.

I am so jealous of you!

And yay! Someone else mentions Gwen in a positive way!

Gwen might get shit because of the reality show she's on right now in America, i'm not sure. Her voice is unique, so I can see why people may not like that and criticise her for it. But as an on stage performer, she was outstanding. I saw No Doubt back in 2002 on the Rock Steady tour and there are very few front people i've seen that had more energy than her. I don't know how she is on stage now but back then she never stood still. She was constantly running around the stage, dancing and jumping around. All the activity didn't affect her singing too much which I remember being the most impressed with after the show. The lady had some damn good cardio at that time. I never paid much attention to the band since they broke up not too long after that. When they released their reunion album a few years ago, I found that I really didn't care either way about it but at the time I saw this show I was a fan.

She honestly hasnt aged a day, in spite of three kids.

Adore her. She is a magnificent artist and entertainer, and No Doubt will forever be one of my top bands.

I've seen (and fell in love with) Christine McVie (both solo and with Fleetwood Mac. I just love her voice.

I'm looking forward to (finally) seeing Joan Jett, as she is opening for The Who this year.

I've seen Heart a bunch of times over the years and agree with the praise she's received here. I hope the rumours of her stepping in for Robert Plant on a Zeppelin tour (Ann Wison / Jimmy Page / John Paul Jones / Jason Bonham) come to pass. She just nails every Zep tune I've heard her sing.

• Like 1

http://rzr.online.fr/docs/zombie/pictures/seandng.jpg

Sean Yseult

Speaking of female players in a band I had the pleasure years ago 1994 in seeing and hearing this bass player play for White Zombie. Very artistic woman with quite a flair with style to that WZ sound. Here's a bit more on her....

"How To Make A Monster...An Interview with Sean Yseult

Shauna Reynolds was born June 6, 1966 in North Carolina & it's an odd coincidence that she has 666 in her birthday because Shauna is best known as White Zombie bassist Sean Yseult!

Sean & Rob Zombie created a band that would define a sound, a genre & the music/art the 2 created forged a bond between them that not only made them artistic partners but also lovers who shared a long term relationship which sadly collapsed over the course of the monster that was White Zombie.

Sean's father is Michael S. Reynolds who is a noted biographer of Ernest Hemingway & her childhood was an interesting exploration of culture, art & experiencing life as a freak. Sean recently put out a book entitled, "I'm In The Band" which is a joke title simply because many people didn't believe she was a member of a heavy metal band based strictly on the fact that in the 90's there were few if any females in metal bands.

Sean gained the respect of the metal world due to her musical prowess & her onstage energy and I recently had the opportunity to interview Sean about all things White Zombie both past & present; Sean was very open, very pleasant & very candid.

http://rocknrollexperience.com/news/53/25/Sean-Yseult-Interview-2011/

http://i3.bebo.com/017/12/large/2006/09/27/01/2115776643a2116696854b164300028l.jpg

Peace

Short list...

Joan Armatrading, 3-4 times

Renaissance (Annie Haslam), twice

Indigo Girls

• Like 1

Short list...

Indigo Girls

:o You saw my Annie? I regret greatly that I never went to see Renaissance in the seventies. They used to play Carnegie Hall a lot. No female singer can hold a candle to that woman. I am talking about back then as I do not know what she sounds like today.

Short list...

Indigo Girls

:o You saw my Annie? I regret greatly that I never went to see Renaissance in the seventies. They used to play Carnegie Hall a lot. No female singer can hold a candle to that woman. I am talking about back then as I do not know what she sounds like today.

Yeah, I saw her twice within a year of each other. Not in the 70s; this is relatively recent. Renaissance had a short tour to celebrate their anniversary several years back, and the response was so good, they've been touring somewhat regularly since.

I agree her voice was untouchable then - such range! It was all that operatic training she had. She still sounds very good, but the years have taken some mileage off her fastball.

• Like 1

if I was in Las Vegas and I could score Celine Dion tickets, I'd pay to see her.

I have seen the Celine Vegas show 6-7 times since she returned. She does have a great voice but she is so sterile its borderlines on boring. Everything is the same almost every night. Her steps, what she says to the crowd and even what she does with her fingers never change's.

I also don't like the fact she does a lot of covers. I not completely familiar with her catalog but I cannot see a reason why she is doing 5-6 cover songs.

Luckily I am in a situation to see many artists on a regular basis. Though Heart has always been one of my favorite I find them a little boring. Too many cover tunes; they are a band that can easily do a two hour show of their own materiel they opt to do 80-90 minute sets with 3-5 cover tunes. In fact about a month ago I went through their catalog and counted 30 songs that they can play of their own and counted 30 tracks that most heart fans would love.

For female artist I have seen put on a great show are;

Melissa Etheridge: 2 1/2-3 hours show The usually ending of “I’m the Only One” “Bring Me Some Water” and “Like The Way I Do” stretching about 35-40 minutes.

Terri Nunn/Berlin. Never was a fan of Berlin, in 2003 they had $5 tickets to her show and I had just started recording so I figure something I can practice on and if I screwed up no big deal. She walked on stage and within 5 minutes knew it was going to be a great show. Sent the tape to a friend in LA and was impressed also with the show. The next month she had a show in LA so I flew down there and went to the show in LA with my friend. He was so impressed we talked each other into going to the Seattle and Portland shows.

Fiona Apple – Great performer

Joan Jett – Another great performer. Did not expect too much from here but she kicks a**. Been going to concert since 1980 and have seen Joan three times all within 3 months of each other.

Joss Stone - The first two LP are great. The first time I saw here was on the VH1 Diva show, blew everyone away with her stage presence and vocal. Jessica Simpson was on the bill also. Not a fan but that girl does have some pips on her. When she sang it sounded like they tuned the vocals up to thirteen.

Lacuna Coil­- Great voice, hot as hell and friendly. Was at Ozzfest and had to go to the car to get more batteries and tapes. Walked by her ad she was talking to fans in the VIP parking lot. On the way back 10-15 minutes later she was still talking to fans in the same location.

Orianthi_ Been lucky to see her on a three solo shows and a couple with Alice Cooper. The three solo shows I have seen has been when she was promoting her pop/ rock CD “Believe”. I then has missed thee show on the “Heaven in this Hell” because of various reasons.

Shania Twain - Great stage presence, tries to make everyone a part of the show. Saw her 13-14 times in the Vegas residency, though the set list stayed the same for two years she did little things to change up the show. She usually went out into the crowd for two songs every night, but she would change which songs she went out on. The intro’s for all the songs and her talking betweens songs where never the same. They usually carried the same message but were not a standard “Hello Vegas” that too many performer uses.

Stevie Nicks – No reason needed

The best: Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders.

I agree. I haven't seen too many female musicians live but I have seen Chrissie so she's is my #1. She sings, writes music and plays guitar. Good for her !!!

http://youtu.be/o6-0ypKuwv8

Edited by custom55

Chrissie Hynde is a master. She writes wonderful melodies and hooks. And she seems to be very modest and sincere regarding her talent.

I saw the Pretenders twice. Once at MSG and once opening for Neil Young. Top notch.

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 1

Those are probably all the female artists I've seen live, Segue.

COULD HAVE BEEN WORSE