Rush ReDISCovered LP Box Box Set Coming April 15th

Jag2112

When I heard they were going to be reengineering the first album I was really hoping they would surprise us by re-recording it with Neil on drums. It wouldn't take much time—the material is already written, they'd be doing a minimum of overdubs and such, just be in & out of the studio in a week. They are all much better musicians than they were 40 years ago, and while they'd be playing the same notes it would still sound different.

I would love to hear that album!

• Like 1

When I heard they were going to be reengineering the first album I was really hoping they would surprise us by re-recording it with Neil on drums. It wouldn't take much time—the material is already written, they'd be doing a minimum of overdubs and such, just be in & out of the studio in a week. They are all much better musicians than they were 40 years ago, and while they'd be playing the same notes it would still sound different.

That would interest me...

I might splurge for this. Not sure, at this point. But I like how they're making it on vinyl, while a CD version is only a possibility. Edited by Blue J

If they do this for Power Windows next year (or Fly By Night If the price is right) for their anniversaries, they I would definitely pick it up, but I have little interest for the album. It has it's songs, but overall, its meh hard rock. Not counting when I did the Rush Ratings Project, I can't remember the last time I listened to it, or had it on my iPod.

I can't believe that anyone thought for one hot second that they would do this.

• Like 2

And a happy cranky Sunday morning to youse too.

I just pre-ordered it. This will be the best version on vinyl ever so why not? I do wish they had included the first single as a 45 rpm extra, but maybe that will finally appear in a CD boxset when only Alex or Geddy are still alive and in their 90s. If Neil is the last one left he'll probably burn all the master tapes and write a long memoir of his life leaving out any mention of Rush.

I can't believe that anyone thought for one hot second that they would do this.

I didn't say I thought they were going to do it; I said I was hoping they would.

I just looked at the price, and it's actually not bad, compared to the clockwork Angels deluxe set. Still though, I have some more important things to save for.

If they do this for Power Windows next year (or Fly By Night If the price is right) for their anniversaries, they I would definitely pick it up, but I have little interest for the album. It has it's songs, but overall, its meh hard rock. Not counting when I did the Rush Ratings Project, I can't remember the last time I listened to it, or had it on my iPod.

Power Windows I'd buy without hesitation. :yes:

Not overjoyed. Was hoping for more in the rarity column. Maybe the 45 will see its release on record store day. 200 gram vinyl doesn't mean a damn thing unless it was mastered properly and the best available tapes were used.

That said, I preordered.

I just hope Ray Danniels doesn't release the super limited box with even more goodies six months later.