Most overlooked band

Rutlefan

No doubt in my mind, it's Animal Collective. Brilliant mix of electo-acoustic music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-Fml9dsQk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhaRgJUMl8

I don't know, they seem pretty prevalent to me. Also, "Today's Supernatural" is one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard in my life.

They had one stint of critical praise with Merriweather Post Pavillion, but otherwise, its hard to find them represented anywhere near the mainstream when they have fantastic song writting quality and quite a few catchy hooks for the developed ear. Also where did the attack on Today's Supernatural come from? I personally love it (after giving it a bit of time), but thats irrelevant.

Toto are underrated! I have never, ever come across such an amazing band who gets so much flack! Seriously, they are brilliant, and yet they always get ridiculed or labeled as naff.

Heavily underrated. One of the greatest pop bands ever, I find them far better than Queen or Journeym

Toto are underrated! I have never, ever come across such an amazing band who gets so much flack! Seriously, they are brilliant, and yet they always get ridiculed or labeled as naff.

Heavily underrated. One of the greatest pop bands ever, I find them far better than Queen or Journeym

Well the topic is overlooked, not underated. And with a number one hit under their belts, Toto really does not fall into that category.
  • Like 1

I agree they're great and better than Queen or Journey :)

Ok we agree on a lot but......Toto is Not better then Queen...not even close. They are lightyears better then Journey though.

Mick

• Like 1

Ok we agree on a lot but......Toto is Not better then Queen...not even close. They are lightyears better then Journey though.

Mick

I just don't like Queen. I've tried, but they just do my head in! The Show Must Go On is, however, one of my all time favourite songs.

Mick

I just don't like Queen. I've tried, but they just do my head in! The Show Must Go On is, however, one of my all time favourite songs.

Was just curious and now I am not.... :)

Mick

Narpy Narp Narp...what on earth are you talking about?

Glad to see the smiley face. I love a smiley facey!

Mick

Narpy Narp Narp...what on earth are you talking about?

Glad to see the smiley face. I love a smiley facey!

Just say'in Queen and Journey (especially early) were pretty damn good..... :huh:

Oooh...I just can't get into Queen! What I have heard of Journey has all been good...but I don't know if I have heard any of the early stuff. Only the poppy hits...

The poppy hits are probably better for you anyway. I enjoy some myself. Saw them live 3 times in the early 80's. The Infinity album and era is best in my opinion...... :)

Thing about journey, IMO is their a wonderful singles band. Their albums as a whole never really gelled for me.

Queen's is in my top five bands.

So there, lol

Mick

Queen are very popular here. I used to like them a lot way back but I've moved on pretty much...I have a real respect for Toto these days, not just their hit albums.

Thing about journey, IMO is their a wonderful singles band. Their albums as a whole never really gelled for me.

Queen's is in my top five bands.

So there, lol

Mick

Queen are very popular here. I used to like them a lot way back but I've moved on pretty much...I have a real respect for Toto these days, not just their hit albums.

Oh Toto rocks no doubt. Sometimes I feel their detractors have never even picked up an album.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Good choice. My favorite Queen song.

Except for all the stuff in Highlander. It won the Academy Award ... for best movie ever made.

Mick

This.

I enjoy some Toto, but they are just so sterile sounding to me. Great players obviously, but they SOUND like some studio guys getting together to try their hand at being an organic band...they are like Steely Dans boring cousin...no edge to their music and cliche lyrics

• Like 2

Oingo Boingo and Steve Miller Band are fairly overlooked to me. They seem like those bands that have a few greatest hits, but they have greater stuff when you dig deep.
  • Like 1

Mick

This.

I enjoy some Toto, but they are just so sterile sounding to me. Great players obviously, but they SOUND like some studio guys getting together to try their hand at being an organic band...they are like Steely Dans boring cousin...no edge to their music and cliche lyrics

Anybody that has read my posts knows i love Toto........yes they are Cheese and cliched. Nothing wrong with poppy cheese. And that's precisely why I love them. That and they can play. Having said that. Much as i love em. I would not lump them with the Dan either. That's another band that to me is on a different plain as well.

Mick

Toto. Better than Queen. There you have it.

This forum has gone to shit.

• Like 1