Calling All Liberals! We Need You!

ILSnwdog

Seems anytime a Liberal minded point of view steps up in there, they are accused of being a " Libtard " ...why would anyone bother?..You guys got the lock on it

Really? You should be able to pull up a quote to verify that, then. Right?

well there's gotta be SOME reason no liberals post in SOCN

Marx said religion was opium of the people. I think it's politics these days. I'm always amused at people arguing these topics to no useful end. Politics seems to be a great way for governments to keep a large percentage of the population busy so they aren't revolting. I've got no use for it myself.

it's no different than 20 page threads about which rush or zep or maiden record is best. it's just discussion.

Seems anytime a Liberal minded point of view steps up in there, they are accused of being a " Libtard " ...why would anyone bother?..You guys got the lock on it

We'll always have you...

Edited by laughedatbytime

1. Cons an libs are two sides of the same coin. The cons are wolves and the liberals are wolves in sheep's clothing. Neither politicians of both parties care about the people today.

2. I'm considering green party or independent when I register next time. The two Goliath parties can get bent.

3. I had enough of Obummer when he flip flopped on an issue I'm passionate about, getting rid of Monsanto and GMOs in foods, and realizing he's just a slightly more liberal Dubya. I should have just voted Jill Stein or Johnson last November.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Calling all liberals! We need you in SOCN. If you think Obama is the cat's meow, if you think Nancy Pelosi is the bomb, or if you think Harry Reid is a righteous dude, please join The Sense O'clock News. We are suffering from a severe liberal shortage. So, if you like to discuss politics and enjoy showing conservatives how heartless they are, or explain to libertarians how Somalia is proof that libertarian values don't work, the SOCN needs you! Simply send 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 a PM asking to join (provided you have met the 100 post criteria). So, what are you waiting for? Come enlighten us heartless bastards! :ebert:

Hey Snowdog! You providing the fire resistant body armor?? :scared: :scared: If I expressed my true views in there, I'd get flamed right off the damned board! Don't get me started about all the Reagan/Bush snake lovers in there!!! I gotta hold my breath! Ugghhhh!! :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :laughing yellow guy: :laughing yellow guy:

Calling all liberals! We need you in SOCN. If you think Obama is the cat's meow, if you think Nancy Pelosi is the bomb, or if you think Harry Reid is a righteous dude, please join The Sense O'clock News. We are suffering from a severe liberal shortage. So, if you like to discuss politics and enjoy showing conservatives how heartless they are, or explain to libertarians how Somalia is proof that libertarian values don't work, the SOCN needs you! Simply send 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 a PM asking to join (provided you have met the 100 post criteria). So, what are you waiting for? Come enlighten us heartless bastards! :ebert:

Hey Snowdog! You providing the fire resistant body armor?? :scared: :scared: If I expressed my true views in there, I'd get flamed right off the damned board! Don't get me started about all the Reagan/Bush snake lovers in there!!! I gotta hold my breath! Ugghhhh!! :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :bang bang: :laughing yellow guy: :laughing yellow guy:

I'll hold mine, too. I've heard all kinds of chatter about what's awful about SOCN. If it's as bad as that, I'll bail without batting an eye. If it's intelligent and respectful, then...who knows?

Right, well I'm a 'glass half-full' type.

I'll hold mine, too. I've heard all kinds of chatter about what's awful about SOCN. If it's as bad as that, I'll bail without batting an eye. If it's intelligent and respectful, then...who knows?

Right, well I'm a 'glass half-full' type.

Nothing really awful about SOCN but after a while you see where lines are drawn and it goes round and round over the same same stuff with the same peeps.

• Like 2

Libtard has been tossed around more than once...

not since 2006.

1. Do I get a gift bag if I join?

2. Are there any initiation rituals?

After 100 post, we send you a "I made 100 post in SOCN, and all I got was this crappy t-shirt" shirt.

Initiations? You have pinch Earthshine2112's buttocks. :D

How should I join? I've PM'd 73 some time ago asking if I can join and I had no reply. I really want to be in there as I want to major in Political Science.

We'll always have you...

I don't really even argue with people though

even the socn guys don't like bush

even the socn guys don't like bush

:yes: He grew the government, and spent too much money.

• Like 2

Kind of tired of being in there and getting chewed out because I don't argue the way somebody's logic or philosophy professors taught them.
  • Like 2

Kind of tired of being in there and getting chewed out because I don't argue the way somebody's logic or philosophy professors taught them.

One thing about SOCN is that you have to have thick skin to be a regular poster.

I like your posts and I think you contribute a great deal. You shouldn't worry about any criticism that comes out of there.

I think the reason ILS started this thread is because almost everyone has something valuable to contribute to a conversation and it's good to hear different points of view even if you don't happen to agree with them. And always remember that it's just an internet forum. You're not being graded on content and it's mostly opinion so it ultimately doesn't matter what anyone thinks. No one should get upset by other posts because it really doesn't matter what others think.

I would love it if more people ventured in there.

• Like 4

I have thought about joining that part of the forum but ...

1) I don't know if my political views are liberal, conservative or other.

2) I don't think I know enough about the political landscape in North America, to avoid messing it all up in there.

Those are perfect qualifications to join. You'll fit right in. ;)

• Like 1

I have thought about joining that part of the forum but ...

1) I don't know if my political views are liberal, conservative or other.

2) I don't think I know enough about the political landscape in North America, to avoid messing it all up in there.

Those are perfect qualifications to join. You'll fit right in. ;)

Hahaha I guess it won't hurt to take a peek then ;)

One thing about SOCN is that you have to have thick skin to be a regular poster.

I like your posts and I think you contribute a great deal. You shouldn't worry about any criticism that comes out of there.

I think the reason ILS started this thread is because almost everyone has something valuable to contribute to a conversation and it's good to hear different points of view even if you don't happen to agree with them. And always remember that it's just an internet forum. You're not being graded on content and it's mostly opinion so it ultimately doesn't matter what anyone thinks. No one should get upset by other posts because it really doesn't matter what others think.

I would love it if more people ventured in there.

It's those different points of view that make SOCN interesting. When I first joined, I suckled at the Republican teat, and looked at everything from a right is right, and left is wrong point of view. Because of listening to people with different points of view, I have a different perspective now regarding politics. I no longer look at the Republicans as infallible. I'm more critical of those on the right.

And WCM is absolutely right. You have to have thick skin. It can be like a boxing match in there. But that is what makes it fun sometimes. And rarely do you see anything from SOCN spill out into the rest of the forum. I was very critical of things that Rebel would post in SOCN. But I never let that keep me from treating him, or anyone else like just another Rush fan out of SOCN.

• Like 1

How should I join? I've PM'd 73 some time ago asking if I can join and I had no reply. I really want to be in there as I want to major in Political Science.

Weren't you like 12 the first time you asked for access? :huh:
  • Like 2