Is anyone still disappointed about no BU2B?

pfrushfan0122

Now, I understand it was played last tour and they had to make room for newer songs, but why did they have to cut BU2B. This was my first tour seeing the guys live, so before the set was released, I was really excited to see this one live. I mean it is a kick-ass track, and in my opinion one of the (many) strong tracks on the album. They could've easily switched it out with a song like WTW since there isn't as big of a popularity that follows that one. I mean, I don't know. It was an OUTSTANDING tour and set regardless!!! The absence of the song was not noticeable at the time, but I think it would've been sweeter with BU2B's inclusion.

Now Losing It is a whole other issue... Don't even get me started... ;)

I would have liked to have seen it instead of Seven Cities, while I like that song it appeared that hardly anybody knew it at the shows I went to. Oh well.
  • Like 1

I ran into a couple of the string players in Salt Lake and of course asked them if any songs( Losing It, Bu2b) had been rehearsed but not included? Losing It -No, Bu2b- Yes. I would always have liked to hear more songs period, but I heard Bu2b alot on Time Machine so I wasn't too bummed. I am, however, still bummed they wouldn't sign my jersey though, why Neil why?!?

My husband still talks about how bummed he is that they didn't play it lol. Truth be told, I was a little sad, too!

It would have been great if they included BU2B but not at the expense of the other CA songs. We heard BU2B on the Time Machine tour and it was great live. The songs it probably would have replaced on the CA tour like Seven Cities, Wish Them Well, or Halo Effect, we probably would never get the chance to hear live again.
  • Like 4

I saw it on the Time Machine Tour so I was mildly disappointed, but my son was pretty disappointed he didn't get to see it at either of the shows we saw on the CA Tour.

I was slightly bummed on the first leg that they had dropped it, but it still kinda made sense—they had to make room for the other CA songs, because the whole album is killer! I'm just glad they played WTW at both shows I saw on Legs 1&2, its one of my favorites and totally underrated.

Yes! Before the tour, I was hoping they'd play the entire album as an album. When that didn't turn out to be the case, and I discovered that the setlist was being changed up, I was hoping that they'd do BU2B so there could be a live album with the string ensemble playing on all of the Clockwork Angels songs. But I was wondering whether maybe the reason they left it out was that there wasn't a good enough part in it for the strings.

yeah, I would have liked to have had this one in the set. I loved it on the Time Machine tour - but that was before CA was released. Something about the new mix on CA and hearing it in the context of the album that made it even more intense. On the other hand, IF they included it, it would be at the expense of another song. Which to cut? I can't say which; the second set was kick-ass

Not disappointed, having seen it on the time machine tour. Rush have so many great songs, and probably so few tours left, that I'm glad they found room for do many power windows tracks this tour. Their best album in my opinion.

Clockwork angels is their best album since roll the bones, and it was right to play so many from it, and I guess either caravan or bu2b had to get dropped. If it was up to me I would have left out wish them well instead, but its not up to me!

I love Brought Up to Believe. I think it is one if the best on the album. If just rocks out. I would have preferred skipping Halo Effect....

Not me. Halo Effect is my favorite song on the album.

• Like 1

I'd be thrilled if CA was exempt for the playlist.

:facepalm: Anyway, we'll probably see BU2B (Album version) back in the setlist next tour. I think it would work great after Alex's Solo since the album version starts with Acoustic guitar. :rush: :haz: :rush: