Vapor Trails Remix!

Jaminbenb

I agree totally dude...many people slam VT because of sound but Presto IMO is the biggest terd fest

It's not because of the sound.

For me it was always the sonic train wreck that ruined this record for me. Lot's of passionate, emotional material on this record. And Alex has some dazzling guitar wok on this buried in the muddy and clipping.

• Like 1

I agree totally dude...many people slam VT because of sound but Presto IMO is the biggest terd fest

Tried to make vt too ballsy and it's a sonic mess and presto has less balls than most smooth jazz albums. I don't have a problem with the actual songs on either album just the presentation. The only other album that reminds me of presto is point of entry by Judas Priest. Those songs kick ass live but the studio album will put you to sleep faster than an episode of teletubbies.

• Like 1

For me it was always the sonic train wreck that ruined this record for me. Lot's of passionate, emotional material on this record. And Alex has some dazzling guitar wok on this buried in the muddy and clipping.

That's my feeling exactly concerning this album.

Goober's Response: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just what he needed, an invitation to shit in this thread. Thanks L2K. :eyeroll:

Don't you have a setlist to make, or make your sig riverboat picture bigger so it can take up an entire page of a thread?

Oh like that wasn't going to happen anyway!

:eyeroll:

Don't you have a setlist to make, or make your sig riverboat picture bigger so it can take up an entire page of a thread?

Don't be jealous of my Tom Sawyer River boat pic! Anyway, now you have four pics to complain about! :P

Edited by losingit2k

Yes we get it, Goobs doesn't like the album. I doubt he's going to waste his time here. If he does; he's silly. Every regular on this forum knows his opinion.

Exactly! Why would I bother? :huh:

Not another Vapor Trails mix, it's like making the agony last forever! :beathorse:

Exactly! And then they announce it 2 full months before it comes out. We could be looking forward to a new Rush album, but no... a rehash of what was by far their worst one.

And then a box set that celebrates their weakest period. At least it's got the excellent Counterparts and the great S&A, as well as Feedback, which was pretty good, although let's be honest, who's listened to Feedback more than 5 times - raise of hands? Didn't think so.

Say, do you think while they re-did VT that they removed the Geddy choirs and added in some guitar solos, or maybe made the lyrics a little less of a bummer? ;)

:hi:

The new album cover is pretty badass though. :yes:

• Like 1

Yes we get it, Goobs doesn't like the album. I doubt he's going to waste his time here. If he does; he's silly. Every regular on this forum knows his opinion.

Not another Vapor Trails mix, it's like making the agony last forever! :beathorse:

Exactly! And then they announce it 2 full months before it comes out. We could be looking forward to a new Rush album, but no... a rehash of what was by far their worst one.

And then a box set that celebrates their weakest period. At least it's got the excellent Counterparts and the great S&A, as well as Feedback, which was pretty good, although let's be honest, who's listened to Feedback more than 5 times - raise of hands? Didn't think so.

Say, do you think while they re-did VT that they removed the Geddy choirs and added in some guitar solos, or maybe made the lyrics a little less of a bummer? ;)

The World is coming to an end folks! Goober just complimented something off Vapor Trails. :AlienSmiley: Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 1

Excellent! I can't wait to get my hands on it! Does anyone know if the box set is completely remastered? It would be nice to hear Presto and Roll the Bones with some hair on those B@lls! :spitwater:

And yet it has at least 6 memorable tracks on it! Show Don't Tell, Chain Lightning, Presto, The Pass, Superconductor and Available Light!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

Sub out Superconductor and put in Scars or Red Tide or even War Paint and I agree with you.

Superconductor is decent....but one of the weakest tracks along with a true turd in Anagram (For Mongo)

As far as the remix of VT......Finally. I can't wait to hear Nocturne and Freeze remixed. Also Ceiling Unlimited. A lot of really good songs on VT

Vaportrail (one of my all time favorite Rush songs)

Ghost Rider

Earthshine

Ceiling Unlimited

Freeze

Secret Touch

Nocturne

Sweet Miracle

One Little Victory

Stars Look Down

All those for me are really great Rush songs.

You know I do like the three songs you mentioned. You know what, Presto is a pretty good CD! :codger:

I have the Vapor Trails remaster from HD Tracks. I personally thought that fixed most of the problems with the original. Separation of instruments instead of mud fest, pops and clicks gone, and it is not tiring to listen to from start to finish.

If I had known this full remix was coming I probably would have waited before purchasing the HD Tracks....

• Like 2

Now we know what we will talking about around here after the tour ends.

Oh hell yes- which album cover is best? :madra:

T4E, still!

even the production problems dont compare with the lackluster album Roll The Bones, far and away their weakest record.

Seven is, Crossroads, and Summertime Blues I listen to all the time

VT doesnt need solos, most of the record is great as it is and may be even better now

and why would they change the lyrics that are a document to the emotions at the time, and the focal point of their return as a band

Funny how much you just dont get it Goobs, like trying to argue with an evangelist. Youve gone so far beyond any rational reach

1011384_10151588117733123_1676997984_n.jpg

Edited by ucsteve667
  • Like 3

even the production problems dont compare with the lackluster album Roll The Bones, far and away their weakest record.

VT doesnt need solos, most of the record is great as it is and may be even better now

and why would they change the lyrics that are a document to the emotions at the time, and the focal point of their return as a band

Funny how much you just dont get it Goobs, like trying to argue with an evangelist. Youve gone so far beyond any rational reach

i know, i'm a real pain in the ass. :P

and RTB is no great prize either, but dreamline rules. :yes:

• Like 1

i know, i'm a real pain in the ass. :P

and RTB is no great prize either, but dreamline rules. :yes:

its coo-L, not like we're arguing about Rivendell or Madrigal

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/VaporTrails_Remix_Cover-300x300_zpse48f573d.jpg

The Newly Remixed Version Of Vapor Trails And 7-Disc Boxed Set Of Atlantic Studio Albums

Both Are Available On October 1 from Atlantic/Rhino (September 30 internationally)

In 2009, two tracks from VAPOR TRAILS (“One Little Victory” and “Earthshine”) were remixed for the Retrospective III collection, setting you all into a frenzy in anticipation of a possible remixed version of the entire album being released one day. That time has come.

The Vapor Trails Remixed album will be available on CD, Double LP, and digital download on October 1 from Atlantic/Rhino.

“Vapor Trails was an album made under difficult and emotional circumstances – sort of like Rush learning how to be Rush again – and as a result, mistakes were made that we have longed to correct. David Bottrill’s remixes have finally brought some justice and clarity to this deserving body of our work,” says Geddy Lee.

“Every song has been given a new life, from the fire of ‘One Little Victory,’ ‘Secret Touch,’ and ‘Ceiling Unlimited’ to the melodic musicality of ‘Sweet Miracle’ and ‘How It Is’… these songs have been redeemed. Thank you David!”

The remixed version of VAPOR TRAILS will also be included in the new 7-disc boxed set RUSH: THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1989-2007, which features every studio album Rush recorded for Atlantic Records. The collection includes the Gold & Platinum albums Presto (1989), Roll The Bones (1991), Counterparts (1993), and Test For Echo (1996), as well as their covers EP Feedback (2004) and the Billboard Top 5 album Snakes & Arrows (2007). THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1989-2007 features each album presented in a wallet sleeve that faithfully reproduces the original artwork (except for VAPOR TRAILS, which features a reinterpreted version of the original cover) and is also available on October 1 from Atlantic/Rhino.

First Day Buyer! VT is totally underrated, I would rank it around #11 of their 19 studio albums (RTB being in dead last). There's a few songs towards the end of VT I'm not a huge fan of, but most of the album kicks ass. The altered cover is cool too.

How awesome is this! I have really high hopes for this remix; that album is full of so many good songs, but I don't listen that often because of that distortion.

Now if we could get a release date on that live Clockwork Angels album...

somehow , I think both of these upcoming releases will push the Live Clockwork Angels CD back to November or December. :codger:

How awesome is this! I have really high hopes for this remix; that album is full of so many good songs, but I don't listen that often because of that distortion.

Now if we could get a release date on that live Clockwork Angels album...

somehow , I think both of these upcoming releases will push the Live Clockwork Angels CD back to November or December. :codger:

Or, they could be released simultaneously. You know, here's the old, here's the newly remixed , here's the new live release

• Like 1