Vapor Trails Remix!

Jaminbenb

Excellent! I can't wait to get my hands on it! Does anyone know if the box set is completely remastered? It would be nice to hear Presto and Roll the Bones with some hair on those B@lls! :spitwater: Edited by losingit2k
  • Like 4

Excellent! I can't wait to get my hands on it! Does anyone know if the box set is completely remastered? It would be nice to hear Presto and Roll the Bones with some hair on those B@lls! :spitwater:

I agree totally dude...many people slam VT because of sound but Presto IMO is the biggest terd fest
  • Like 1

Not to be a Debby Downer (or Goobs) but if the remix is the same as the remix of OLV and Earthshine, why are we excited?

Chycki remixed those. VT Remix was done by David Bottrill.

• Like 1

Excellent! I can't wait to get my hands on it! Does anyone know if the box set is completely remastered? It would be nice to hear Presto and Roll the Bones with some hair on those B@lls! :spitwater:

No, just Vapor Trails.

I agree totally dude...many people slam VT because of sound but Presto IMO is the biggest terd fest

And yet it has at least 6 memorable tracks on it! Show Don't Tell, Chain Lightning, Presto, The Pass, Superconductor and Available Light!

:rush: :haz: :rush:

• Like 2

Goober's Response: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just what he needed, an invitation to shit in this thread. Thanks L2K. :eyeroll:

Oh like that wasn't going to happen anyway!

:eyeroll:

Not to be a Debby Downer (or Goobs) but if the remix is the same as the remix of OLV and Earthshine, why are we excited?

EXACTLY!!!

• Like 1

EXACTLY!!!

Read from the link that David Bottrill did the new remixes. At least that means the OLV and ES remixes from Retro 3 will not be a part of this. I'm still not happy it was remixed instead of just remastered, but at least there is hope that I'll be happily surprised by what this dude's effort is.
  • Like 1

It's confirmed, they go on the forums!

From the Rush web site:

In 2009, two tracks from VAPOR TRAILS (“One Little Victory” and “Earthshine”) were remixed for the Retrospective III collection, setting you all into a frenzy in anticipation of a possible remixed version of the entire album being released one day.
Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

How awesome is this! I have really high hopes for this remix; that album is full of so many good songs, but I don't listen that often because of that distortion.

Now if we could get a release date on that live Clockwork Angels album...

• Like 4

I am super pumped. I love Vaport Trails. Earth Shine and Secret Touch are two of my favorites. The remix of Earthshine on R3 was really good. And yes, I did just buy the CD. Edited by theanalogmiddleagedman
  • Like 1

Goober's Response: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Just what he needed, an invitation to shit in this thread. Thanks L2K. :eyeroll:

Don't you have a setlist to make, or make your sig riverboat picture bigger so it can take up an entire page of a thread?

Oh like that wasn't going to happen anyway!

:eyeroll:

Don't you have a setlist to make, or make your sig riverboat picture bigger so it can take up an entire page of a thread?

Edited by Lerxster
  • Like 1

How awesome is this! I have really high hopes for this remix; that album is full of so many good songs, but I don't listen that often because of that distortion.

Now if we could get a release date on that live Clockwork Angels album...

Or a remix of Clockwork Angels!!!!

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii282/Lerxster/VaporTrails_Remix_Cover-300x300_zpse48f573d.jpg

The Newly Remixed Version Of Vapor Trails And 7-Disc Boxed Set Of Atlantic Studio Albums

Both Are Available On October 1 from Atlantic/Rhino (September 30 internationally)

In 2009, two tracks from VAPOR TRAILS (“One Little Victory” and “Earthshine”) were remixed for the Retrospective III collection, setting you all into a frenzy in anticipation of a possible remixed version of the entire album being released one day. That time has come.

The Vapor Trails Remixed album will be available on CD, Double LP, and digital download on October 1 from Atlantic/Rhino.

“Vapor Trails was an album made under difficult and emotional circumstances – sort of like Rush learning how to be Rush again – and as a result, mistakes were made that we have longed to correct. David Bottrill’s remixes have finally brought some justice and clarity to this deserving body of our work,” says Geddy Lee.

“Every song has been given a new life, from the fire of ‘One Little Victory,’ ‘Secret Touch,’ and ‘Ceiling Unlimited’ to the melodic musicality of ‘Sweet Miracle’ and ‘How It Is’… these songs have been redeemed. Thank you David!”

The remixed version of VAPOR TRAILS will also be included in the new 7-disc boxed set RUSH: THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1989-2007, which features every studio album Rush recorded for Atlantic Records. The collection includes the Gold & Platinum albums Presto (1989), Roll The Bones (1991), Counterparts (1993), and Test For Echo (1996), as well as their covers EP Feedback (2004) and the Billboard Top 5 album Snakes & Arrows (2007). THE STUDIO ALBUMS 1989-2007 features each album presented in a wallet sleeve that faithfully reproduces the original artwork (except for VAPOR TRAILS, which features a reinterpreted version of the original cover) and is also available on October 1 from Atlantic/Rhino.