Vapor Trails Remix!

Jaminbenb

Cd japan is listing Vapor Trails shm cardboard sleeve cd as the Remixed one, is this correct or do you think this is the 2002 mix...???

http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=WPCR-14997

The cover portrayed on that page clearly says "Vapor Trails Remixed" on it.

And if that doesn't clear things up, this should:

ヴェイパー・トレイルズ/ ラッシュ ヴェイパー・トレイルズ/ ラッシュ [ラッシュ・アトランティック・イヤー [ラッシュ・アトランティック・イヤー ズ 紙ジャケット&SHM-CDシリーズ] ズ 紙ジャケット&SHM-CDシリーズ] 2002年に発表した今作は、前作『テス 2002年に発表した今作は、前作『テス ト・フォー・エコー』より実に6年振り ト・フォー・エコー』より実に6年振り に発表された作品。90年代後半にドラ に発表された作品。90年代後半にドラ マーのニール・パートに起こった悲劇 マーのニール・パートに起こった悲劇 (交通事故により愛娘を失ってしまう)を (交通事故により愛娘を失ってしまう)を 経て、しばらく音楽活動を停止していた 経て、しばらく音楽活動を停止していた 彼らが発表した復活作。 元ドリーム・シ 彼らが発表した復活作。 元ドリーム・シ アターのマイク・ポートノイによる特別 アターのマイク・ポートノイによる特別 寄稿を日本盤のみに掲載! アルバム全曲 寄稿を日本盤のみに掲載! アルバム全曲 を新たにリミックスした2013年最新マス を新たにリミックスした2013年最新マス ター音源を使用。解説・歌詞・対訳付。 ター音源を使用。解説・歌詞・対訳付。

Previous work now announced that [Rush Atlantic Year [Rush Atlantic Years paper jacket & SHM-CD series]'s paper jacket & SHM-CD series] in 2002 Vapor Trails / Rush Vapor Trails / Rush, "Tess this work, which was announced on 2002, work was published for the first time in six years really than six years pretend remote-for-echo "indeed previous work from" test for echo ". Work was published in Dora in the late 1990s. Through to the (lose their beloved daughter by traffic accidents) and (lose their beloved daughter by traffic accident) tragedy that happened to Neil part of tragedy mer happened to Neil part of the drummer in the late 90s, music activities for a while resurrection product which they through it was stopped, had stopped music activity while announced. Revival work by former Dream system they announced. A new 2013 latest trout you remix a new publication! Album songs in Japan Only Ads! Album songs contributed to only Japan board a special contributed by Mike Portnoy of special ater by Mike Portnoy original Dream Theater use 2013 latest master sound source you remix. Commentary lyrics with translation. Use the shutter sound. Commentary lyrics with translation.

If you fumble through the translation, yes it is the samples. I love how articulate Rush seems with this translation. :P

Cd japan is listing Vapor Trails shm cardboard sleeve cd as the Remixed one, is this correct or do you think this is the 2002 mix...???

ヴェイパー・トレイルズ/ ラッシュ ヴェイパー・トレイルズ/ ラッシュ [ラッシュ・アトランティック・イヤー [ラッシュ・アトランティック・イヤー ズ 紙ジャケット&SHM-CDシリーズ] ズ 紙ジャケット&SHM-CDシリーズ] 2002年に発表した今作は、前作『テス 2002年に発表した今作は、前作『テス ト・フォー・エコー』より実に6年振り ト・フォー・エコー』より実に6年振り に発表された作品。90年代後半にドラ に発表された作品。90年代後半にドラ マーのニール・パートに起こった悲劇 マーのニール・パートに起こった悲劇 (交通事故により愛娘を失ってしまう)を (交通事故により愛娘を失ってしまう)を 経て、しばらく音楽活動を停止していた 経て、しばらく音楽活動を停止していた 彼らが発表した復活作。 元ドリーム・シ 彼らが発表した復活作。 元ドリーム・シ アターのマイク・ポートノイによる特別 アターのマイク・ポートノイによる特別 寄稿を日本盤のみに掲載! アルバム全曲 寄稿を日本盤のみに掲載! アルバム全曲 を新たにリミックスした2013年最新マス を新たにリミックスした2013年最新マス ター音源を使用。解説・歌詞・対訳付。 ター音源を使用。解説・歌詞・対訳付。

we are only human, it's not ours to understand

Previous work now announced that [Rush Atlantic Year [Rush Atlantic Years paper jacket & SHM-CD series]'s paper jacket & SHM-CD series] in 2002 Vapor Trails / Rush Vapor Trails / Rush, "Tess this work, which was announced on 2002, work was published for the first time in six years really than six years pretend remote-for-echo "indeed previous work from" test for echo ". Work was published in Dora in the late 1990s. Through to the (lose their beloved daughter by traffic accidents) and (lose their beloved daughter by traffic accident) tragedy that happened to Neil part of tragedy mer happened to Neil part of the drummer in the late 90s, music activities for a while resurrection product which they through it was stopped, had stopped music activity while announced. Revival work by former Dream system they announced. A new 2013 latest trout you remix a new publication! Album songs in Japan Only Ads! Album songs contributed to only Japan board a special contributed by Mike Portnoy of special ater by Mike Portnoy original Dream Theater use 2013 latest master sound source you remix. Commentary lyrics with translation. Use the shutter sound. Commentary lyrics with translation.

If you fumble through the translation, yes it is the samples. I love how articulate Rush seems with this translation. :P

A new 2013 latest trout you remix a new publication!

GOLD.

Four Days and Counting! Till then its Dream Theater and Metallica Galour!

For me it's Dream Theater and Revamp until Monday.

The new DT is pretty awesome I might add. The Illumination Theory is pure genius! :codger:

Edited by losingit2k

The new DT is pretty awesome I might add. The Illumination Theory is pure genius! :codger:

Meh, they've written better epics.

DAMN IT my CD copy of VT arrived on Friday beaten black and blue (unsealed, dented front and cracked case - hooray!) It's back to the courier for a return immediately! :o :boo hiss:

DAMN IT my CD copy of VT arrived on Friday beaten black and blue (unsealed, dented front and cracked case - hooray!) It's back to the courier for a return immediately! :o :boo hiss:

Make a copy of it first! :codger:

I bought it yesterday, and I've played it 2-3 times so far. It's GREAT. :ebert:

I particularly like the new sound of One Little Victory, Secret Touch and Out Of The Cradle.

Excellent remix..... :clap:

• Like 3

Yeah, it's a given! :)

Did you get yours from Amazon? I got mine today. I can't believe how they're shipping CDs now. Mine was just thrown in a bubble envelope. Luckily it got here okay. I guess they're too cheap to use boxes anymore.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Did you get yours from Amazon? I got mine today. I can't believe how they're shipping CDs now. Mine was just thrown in a bubble envelope. Luckily it got here okay. I guess they're too cheap to use boxes anymore.

Nah, it was a local store here in NZ but 99% of time their stuff always arrives perfectly. Just unlucky. They never sell their stock unsealed so that was a shock. I hope I have better luck with the vinyl and that's coming from an indy store from the US, sent a few days back. I've only had one bad experience from Amazon packaging that involved a book, but at least it was boxed.

• Like 1

Despite still trying to digest the latest from Dream Theater and Fates Warning, I did manage to spend a bit of time with the new remix. A couple of things that jumped out at me was that the drums are now more subdued and the vocals elevated. The thing I disliked the most is the emptiness I heard in songs like Ceiling Unlimited and Freeze. They did not sound nearly as "full" in certain sections.
  • Like 2

Despite still trying to digest the latest from Dream Theater and Fates Warning, I did manage to spend a bit of time with the new remix. A couple of things that jumped out at me was that the drums are now more subdued and the vocals elevated. The thing I disliked the most is the emptiness I heard in songs like Ceiling Unlimited and Freeze. They did not sound nearly as "full" in certain sections.

I'm still in the middle of comparing. How it Is sounds much too thin as well, I prefer the original...I liked the remix for Nocturne though.

So glad I picked up a copy, so much more pleasurable to listen to this time around. Sweet Miracle...the section "Oh salvation" with the background keyboard like sound is so so sweet!! Had that section in my head all day, so nicely done!
  • Like 1

So glad I picked up a copy, so much more pleasurable to listen to this time around. Sweet Miracle...the section "Oh salvation" with the background keyboard like sound is so so sweet!! Had that section in my head all day, so nicely done!

Worth every penny.

• Like 2

Aren't those two first albums you mentioned just great. Specially the DT!

I've only listened to the remix a few times now, and did some song-for-song comparisons. From what I can tell, the remix is way better, with the exception of Secret Touch, maybe. They gutted the guitars too heavily on that one, but made improvements on the drums and I think bass. This album is truely a remix. They scooped some of the overdubbed guitars, brought down the noise in areas that were originally a distraction, almost dissonant (?). And this is everywhere, the vocals, drums; this is now a much more focused and polished album. I haven't fully realized its new significance yet, I'm sure. I better put on some headphones and listen again... Edited by GeddyLeeRoth

spot on. There is an improvement for sure, but I see it as a "yin/yang" kind of thing. The first mix was raw, out of control. this is much more refined, but it loses some of that aggression and power.