Who else thinks Victor is worse than any Back Street Boys Album?

TheWinslowOfWillowdale

I can only assume that you're wrong as the BSBs are so bad that I've never listened to an entire album. Perhaps the stuff that I didn't hear is awesome, but I'll bet against that.

I actually really like Victor. Promise, Mr. X and Strip and Go Naked are really very good, even if Don't Care and Victor are painful.

I feel like Victor and My Favorite Headache show why these guys need each other. Geddy is the musical leader of the band, determining the path the boys will generally take. On his album, it sounds like a stripped down Rush album. Only one song is truly great in my mind, but none of the songs are horrible. It's mediocre. Alex shows that he's the spontaneity and spark of the band. Song parts of the album flash with brilliance, while others are quite horrible. But he experiments and pushes the boundaries...something Geddy doesn't do at all on his album.

Anyway, I still like both the albums, even if they are for completely different reasons.

• Like 1

Hardy har!! ;)

You're on acid. Another TRF lunatic once claimed that he'd rather listen to a Yoko Ono album than Vapor Trails.

Stop taking the piss and just say you don't like the Victor tunes because of x, y, and z. Backstreet Boys, f*ckin hell

• Like 1

Victor has a few moments but MFH totally blows it away. MFH is probably better than a couple Rush records.

Pretty spot on. MFH still holds up after 13 years or so. I listened to Victor once just to hear Alex's guitar tone in a context that wasn't Rush, and then haven't listened to it since.

No one ever accused Alex of being a stellar songwriter.

I look at the solo albums as projects that the guys had to just get off their chests...I sort of like Victor, and listen to it occasionally...MFH is one that I never really jumped into so I can't overly comment on it....I stuck both on my iPod, but never really listened to them recently....maybe when I'm stumped to listen to something specific.........

Victor is, uh...not great. I don't recall if Alex also wrote the lyrics but if he did then he's a dark character to be sure. Listened to a few tracks on youtube to freshen my memory and all the singers sound like they're screaming through a bullhorn. Not a fan.

Thanks for starting this thread. I have been listening to Victor again after not pulling it ouf for a while. I think it is pretty good.

I really like Promise, Start Today, Mr. X, Shut Up Shutin Up, Strip and Go Naked and I am the Spirit.

I hear a lot of Rush in the music - if you listen closely it is there...

I do like Edwin's singing. Someone said it sounds like he is singing through a megaphone, but I think it suits the album.

Gave it a good try out after release thought one or two tracks were interesting never listened to it since.. And i worship the guy as the greatest most imaginative guitarist there'll EVER be

On the other hand, i still listen to MFH to this day fantastic solo effort beautifully written and to be quite honest it stands up well to most rush albums.

Seriously guys, calm down, he obviously didn't mean Backstreet Boys albums are better. Just a joke.

But really, Victor isn't good.

I believe everything I read on TRF. If you tell me that YOU are a Backstreet Boy I would not doubt it for a second.

Even though the op posted "hardy har", I completely dismissed that in favor of taking everything written as totally serious. I do not recognize jokes or sarcasm.