Your five least favorite songs ever?

KenJennings

I have to nominate Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire before this thread implodes.

This song makes no sense.

Though I have a small admiration for Billy Joel, he has written several songs that make me cringe. I, too, do not like "We Didn't Start the Fire", but I think I hate "You May Be Right" even more.

There is no fault whatsoever to be found with Allentown and Moving Out...do you agree? Yes??? Good, I thought so :)

I actually love '70s Billy Joel.

But one day in 1979, he woke up and realized he was a really famous singer/songwriter. :o

So he tried to go all rock and roll, and Glass Houses was the weakest sounding rock record ever (you're off the hook, Rupert Hine), and I don't think he ever reached the top of his game again.

Having said that, I take Songs in the Attic to the proverbial desert island. It's in my top 15 albums of all time.

• Like 2

I have to nominate Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire before this thread implodes.

This song makes no sense.

Though I have a small admiration for Billy Joel, he has written several songs that make me cringe. I, too, do not like "We Didn't Start the Fire", but I think I hate "You May Be Right" even more.

There is no fault whatsoever to be found with Allentown and Moving Out...do you agree? Yes??? Good, I thought so :)

I actually love '70s Billy Joel.

But one day in 1979, he woke up and realized he was a really famous singer/songwriter. :o

So he tried to go all rock and roll, and Glass Houses was the weakest sounding rock record ever (you're off the hook, Rupert Hine), and I don't think he ever reached the top of his game again.

Having said that, I take Songs in the Attic to the proverbial desert island. It's in my top 15 albums of all time.

Sorry, have to say, I love great music conversations. Things just got interesting with that reply! :)

Carry on.

November Rain - G n R ( and must be the cheesiest Video ever )

Really? With the universe of songs out there you would put this one in the top 5?

Yep .

It was not what Rock was all about .

Thank god for Nirvana .

If you're talking generally about grunge killing off 80s metal, I actually think GNR did more to kill themselves off than Nevermind.

That`s what I`m sayin .

I really almost lost my faith in Rock in the 80`s and the main reason was Spandex head band wearing nightmares like GnR .

Just my opinion .

But a good one . :ebert:

there's one pop song out there that really irritates me. It goes something like "weeeeee arrrrrre yooooung! Like Fire! Like Fire!

LOL I freaking HATE THAT SONG SO MUCH

They are saying "We are yooouuunnnnnggggg so let's set this world on fire."

No idiots, give up your music contract and go back to school, you f-ing suck goats balls.

there's one pop song out there that really irritates me. It goes something like "weeeeee arrrrrre yooooung! Like Fire! Like Fire!

No idiots, give up your music contract and go back to school, you f-ing suck goats balls.

What's the title of the song?

What's the title of the song?

"We Are Young" by Fun.

UGGHHHHHH when I worked overnight waitress shift, heard that song at least 6 times a night. Then co workers were obsessed with the song, so I heard it in the kitchen all the time.

Once I finally threw my arms up and shouted "THIS SONG SUCKS AAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" lol

• Like 1

My least favorite song ever is Tik Tok by Ke-Dollar Sign-Ha. Beyond that it gets into a mix of bad generic pop and country. Artists out there, you know who you are.

I don't know what that is. It sounds like a genital rotting disease you pick up in rivers in Borneo.

Only five? I am going to have to think about this for a while. And I more than likely will come back to this thread on occasion when I hear a song that pisses me off to no end and I'll list it here. The problem right now is that I do what I can to put those songs out of my mind that make me wanna track down those responsible for writing, producing, etc., and punch them in the face a few times. But I will start with "modern country." Here is a subculture of people and music that sit at one end of the universe of music and then there is rap music or what they now call rythym and blues. Well it's not rythym and blues. It's good to have sex to when you're with a chick that like to ride you smooth to this music but when I think of blues I thing Stevie Ray Vaughn and some iconic guitar work like Chuck Berry or BB King. But modern country is an embarrassment to our country. Old country had soul. They could sing and write songs. At some point in the 80's though country got useless. But we all have the soundtrack to Smokey and the Bandit in our heads forever.

Ok, I hate Ace Of Base. "All that she wants is another baby." The music sucks! The song gets me pissed! Dumb music and the lyrics really get me mad considering all the chicks that try to get pregnant on purpose. Ace of Base sucks!

Allanis Morrisette. Here are some songs that are done well that won't get the hell out of my head when I hear them. Her band sucks! I hate her music. She may be a cool chick but the song "Ironic" or whatever it's called just plays all day if I hear it one time! Gets me fighting mad!

Mombo Number 5, really?! Thank god I wasn't in high school in1998. I might beat the crap out of a preppie kid or yuppie at some point because of this song.

Doobie Brothers "Music is the Doctor." What a dumb song!

Presidents of the United States of America "Peaches" and "Kitty on my floor and I wanna touch it" or whatever. This era was a slap in the face. We went from being metal heads and appreciating jazz and classical because of progressive music and the influences to it's cool to suck and just play loud distorted guitar, scream, and hit the symbols hard. We went from albums beings masterpieces from start to finish from the late 60's through much of the 80's to bands having one or two good songs and a bunch of crap a local band could do better at. There have always been one-hit-wonders, and I am okay with that, but the 90's had only a few bands that could make good albums. And as time proves only a couple can still draw a decent crowd. POTUSA what a joke!

"What goes up must come down" Blood Sweat and Tears. This song is so twisted. It's obviously from the acid trips of that era. I was very little then and this song probably did permanent damage to me. Hey, nothing wrong with acid. It just depends on who you are doing it with and what you are listening to. I have nothing in common with the sounds of this fuckn song! What's with all the warped flute sounds and circus sounds at the end of this song! This song is so annoying! There are no words for how much I hate this song!

The Doors suck and so does the Grateful Dead. "Shakedown Street" sucks ass! Dead fans been wasting our time in bars playing this crap on the jukebox and making us wait for our songs and really making us drink more just so we can hear our songs as an antidote to destroy the last crap we just heard. This band sucks. They have 2 drummers. They play the same thing. Why two drummers? 38 Special did this too. It's stupid, looks stupid, and does nothing to improve the sound. That being said I like 38 Special way better than fkn Lynard Skynard! Free Bird is a great song. But it doesn't end! The Doors suck. Tried getiing into them for years and I just don't get their sound. "Light my Fire" sucks. "Hello I love you" sucks.

Eric Clapton. Cream kicked ass! Derek and the Dominos, well I think Layla was a great early 70's song, that wouldn't end. But Clapton's stuff after that sucked!

4 Non Blonds "What's Going On." As if 1993 wasn't going bad enough, here is my most hated song of that year and ranks real high on my list of songs that piss me off!

Collective Soul "Heaven Let Your Light Shine Down" and "Breath." Really!? They got paid for this?!

Wilson Phillips. All I can say is HAHA!!! Now you got some Wilson Phillips songs in your head. I don't even need to elaborate my opinion. But we would have banged two of them.

Paula Cole "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone." "I will wash the dishes...while you go have a beeeeeer!" Yeah like he's just having one beer! Stupid fkn drums in that song!!! Dumbass high hat! The 90's sucked so bad!!! These songs were starting fights with us and there was nothing we could do about it.

Fine Young Canibals "She drives me crazy." Seriously!!!!? Gets me so mad!!! Getn so pissed right now!!! And the singer's stupid face! And horible singing!!!

You wanna beat the shit out of someone? Just listen to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack song "I had the Time of My Life." Make it your agenda. Forget why you are actually beating the crap out f this person and just focus on the song. You'll win for sure! Pretty sure the guy you're whooping is gonna figure that he got the blame for something else but you won't lose the fight. Man that song gets me pissed!

Bonnie Raitt "Lets Give 'em Something To Talk About." I remember she got 4 Grammy awards in 1990. This song totally blows! I'll never forget when Garry Shandling said in reference to the blowout in Super Bowl 24 (49ers 55 Broncos 10) "The score now is Bonnie Raitt 4 and the Denver Broncos 0." Because she got 4 awards that night! The whole thing was obviously fixed. That song is terrible. Big deal. 4 Grammies? Really?

The Sunday Night Football song and Faith Hill and the stupid Joan Jett song! Really!!!? In the first quarter they introduce the players for the first 8 minutes and continuously play this fkn song that sucked even in 1987 when it was released as "I hate Myself For Loving You" by Joan Jett. It's been almost ten years straight of this song, new performer on Sunday Night and still same song. Even SNL made fun of it. PLEASE!!!! MAKE THIS SONG GO AWAY!!!!

I'm gonna go for now. But I'm sure I'll think of some more. Sorry for ruining the soundtrack of you day with this post. Rock on!!!! By the way I am not proofreading this so sorry for spelling and or grammer errors. By the way I hate dance instructional songs too, I can't remember the name of it, "To the left, to the left...." And I hate the "Naked Eye" by Liscious Jackson! Song sucks!!! Faster Pussycat sucks and killed the metal era. Cake sucks and so do The Strokes. Spice Girls, ok, this is putting me in a bad mood.

• Like 2

Only five? I am going to have to think about this for a while. And I more than likely will come back to this thread on occasion when I hear a song that pisses me off to no end and I'll list it here. The problem right now is that I do what I can to put those songs out of my mind that make me wanna track down those responsible for writing, producing, etc., and punch them in the face a few times. But I will start with "modern country." Here is a subculture of people and music that sit at one end of the universe of music and then there is rap music or what they now call rythym and blues. Well it's not rythym and blues. It's good to have sex to when you're with a chick that like to ride you smooth to this music but when I think of blues I thing Stevie Ray Vaughn and some iconic guitar work like Chuck Berry or BB King. But modern country is an embarrassment to our country. Old country had soul. They could sing and write songs. At some point in the 80's though country got useless. But we all have the soundtrack to Smokey and the Bandit in our heads forever.

Ok, I hate Ace Of Base. "All that she wants is another baby." The music sucks! The song gets me pissed! Dumb music and the lyrics really get me mad considering all the chicks that try to get pregnant on purpose. Ace of Base sucks!

Allanis Morrisette. Here are some songs that are done well that won't get the hell out of my head when I hear them. Her band sucks! I hate her music. She may be a cool chick but the song "Ironic" or whatever it's called just plays all day if I hear it one time! Gets me fighting mad!

Mombo Number 5, really?! Thank god I wasn't in high school in1998. I might beat the crap out of a preppie kid or yuppie at some point because of this song.

Presidents of the United States of America "Peaches" and "Kitty on my floor and I wanna touch it" or whatever. This era was a slap in the face. We went from being metal heads and appreciating jazz and classical because of progressive music and the influences to it's cool to suck and just play loud distorted guitar, scream, and hit the symbols hard. We went from albums beings masterpieces from start to finish from the late 60's through much of the 80's to bands having one or two good songs and a bunch of crap a local band could do better at. There have always been one-hit-wonders, and I am okay with that, but the 90's had only a few bands that could make good albums. And as time proves only a couple can still draw a decent crowd. POTUSA what a joke!

"What goes up must come down" Blood Sweat and Tears. This song is so twisted. It's obviously from the acid trips of that era. I was very little then and this song probably did permanent damage to me. Hey, nothing wrong with acid. It just depends on who you are doing it with and what you are listening to. I have nothing in common with the sounds of this fuckn song! What's with all the warped flute sounds and circus sounds at the end of this song! This song is so annoying! There are no words for how much I hate this song!

The Doors suck and so does the Grateful Dead. "Shakedown Street" sucks ass! Dead fans been wasting our time in bars playing this crap on the jukebox and making us wait for our songs and really making us drink more just so we can hear our songs as an antidote to destroy the last crap we just heard. This band sucks. They have 2 drummers. They play the same thing. Why two drummers? 38 Special did this too. It's stupid, looks stupid, and does nothing to improve the sound. That being said I like 38 Special way better than fkn Lynard Skynard! Free Bird is a great song. But it doesn't end! The Doors suck. Tried getiing into them for years and I just don't get their sound. "Light my Fire" sucks. "Hello I love you" sucks.

Eric Clapton. Cream kicked ass! Derek and the Dominos, well I think Layla was a great early 70's song, that wouldn't end. But Clapton's stuff after that sucked!

4 Non Blonds "What's Going On." As if 1993 wasn't going bad enough, here is my most hated song of that year and ranks real high on my list of songs that piss me off!

Collective Soul "Heaven Let Your Light Shine Down" and "Breath." Really!? They got paid for this?!

Wilson Phillips. All I can say is HAHA!!! Now you got some Wilson Phillips songs in your head. I don't even need to elaborate my opinion. But we would have banged two of them.

Paula Cole "Where Have All The Cowboys Gone." "I will wash the dishes...while you go have a beeeeeer!" Yeah like he's just having one beer! Stupid fkn drums in that song!!! Dumbass high hat! The 90's sucked so bad!!! These songs were starting fights with us and there was nothing we could do about it.

Fine Young Canibals "She drives me crazy." Seriously!!!!? Gets me so mad!!! Getn so pissed right now!!! And the singer's stupid face! And horible singing!!!

You wanna beat the shit out of someone? Just listen to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack song "I had the Time of My Life." Make it your agenda. Forget why you are actually beating the crap out f this person and just focus on the song. You'll win for sure! Pretty sure the guy you're whooping is gonna figure that he got the blame for something else but you won't lose the fight. Man that song gets me pissed!

Bonnie Raitt "Lets Give 'em Something To Talk About." I remember she got 4 Grammy awards in 1990. This song totally blows! I'll never forget when Garry Shandling said in reference to the blowout in Super Bowl 24 (49ers 55 Broncos 10) "The score now is Bonnie Raitt 4 and the Denver Broncos 0." Because she got 4 awards that night! The whole thing was obviously fixed. That song is terrible. Big deal. 4 Grammies? Really?

The Sunday Night Football song and Faith Hill and the stupid Joan Jett song! Really!!!? In the first quarter they introduce the players for the first 8 minutes and continuously play this fkn song that sucked even in 1987 when it was released as "I hate Myself For Loving You" by Joan Jett. It's been almost ten years straight of this song, new performer on Sunday Night and still same song. Even SNL made fun of it. PLEASE!!!! MAKE THIS SONG GO AWAY!!!!

I'm gonna go for now. But I'm sure I'll think of some more. Sorry for ruining the soundtrack of you day with this post. Rock on!!!! By the way I am not proofreading this so sorry for spelling and or grammer errors. By the way I hate dance instructional songs too, I can't remember the name of it, "To the left, to the left...." And I hate the "Naked Eye" by Liscious Jackson! Song sucks!!! Faster Pussycat sucks and killed the metal era. Cake sucks and so do The Strokes. Spice Girls, ok, this is putting me in a bad mood.

Wow. You're angry.

I love The Doors, The Dead, Clapton, POTUS, Bonnie Raitt, The Strokes & Cake.....but, I love your passion.

• Like 3

I would love to hear your thoughts after listening to a song by Justin Beiber or One Direction.

Only five? I am going to have to think about this for a while.

Back before Rush was inducted into what I refer to as the "Whores of Rolling Stone Magazine Music Hall of Fame", I looked over the list of inductees. Most were good, and some where not, but the one question to self I could never answer was "Who the F--- did Bonnie Raitt do to get inducted?" There are more musicians and acts I could fill in, but BR was number one.

• Like 1

Cher - Believe - This song is my first encounter with the evil auto-tune. This God-awful song would be played through the building speaker system at work a minimum of 3 times a day. And, it went on for well over two years straight, which is just another reason why Top 40 radio sucks.

Warren Zevon - Werewolves in London - Ah OOOOO! Need I say more?!?

Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Lights -or- I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - Curse you, Jim Steinman!!

Any Jimmy Buffet. Although, if a gun was put to my head, I'd say "Margaritaville". I heard his awful music at every party I was at in college (except those threw at our place).

The Doors. Once again, gun to my head, "Light My Fire". I can't stand their cheesy organ sound. And, I've always thought Jim Morrison to be way overrated as a lyricist. The dude wasn't a spiritual genius. He was always high.

Cher - Believe - This song is my first encounter with the evil auto-tune. This God-awful song would be played through the building speaker system at work a minimum of 3 times a day. And, it went on for well over two years straight, which is just another reason why Top 40 radio sucks.

Warren Zevon - Werewolves in London - Ah OOOOO! Need I say more?!?

Meat Loaf - Paradise By The Dashboard Lights -or- I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) - Curse you, Jim Steinman!!

Any Jimmy Buffet. Although, if a gun was put to my head, I'd say "Margaritaville". I heard his awful music at every party I was at in college (except those threw at our place).

The Doors. Once again, gun to my head, "Light My Fire". I can't stand their cheesy organ sound. And, I've always thought Jim Morrison to be way overrated as a lyricist. The dude wasn't a spiritual genius. He was always high.

Agree on the Cher, Meat Loaf and Jimmy Buffet (who has turned one idea into a career. Why do drunk people keep throwing money at him?!? He's not a stripper, he's a fat, bald dude with a half-octave singing range!)

"Werewolves" may not be the best representation of Warren Zevon's fine catalog, but he was really damned clever.

So many awful songs, but here's five that really irritate me. In each case, the videos are even worse the song alone.

5. Billy Joel We Didn't Start the Fire. I don't know why there isn't more hate thrown this guy's way. If Dr. Moreau crossed a hamster and a surly, homely 14 year old, you'd get Billy Joel.

4. A country song about growing up in a small town. Played a lot around 2001. Never knew the title or artist, but it exemplified everything wrong with contemporary, radio-friendly, ballad country. It’s not a song, it’s a guy talking about his childhood with a country twang against a back track that starts and goes nowhere. In general, it’s a good idea to avoid any song with “small town” in the title or refrain. Same goes for "home town."

3. The way too self-serious Alaniss Morissette where she screams a lot. Wait, that's all of them. I guess I'm thinking of You Oughta Know; that is particularly hair-raising.

2. Nelly Furtado I’m Like a Bird. It’s a wonder that someone who should be so attractive can be so repellant.

And THE WORST SONG EVER BROADCAST, EVER:

1. Every Rose has It’s Thorn. “Every cowboy sings a sad, sad song.” Indeed, I did not know that. Thank you reality show loser guy for channeling your inner cowboy to bring me that insight.

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

Everyone should lobe Bruce Springsteen! Arg...I love Bruce. Bruce bruce bruce...

Worst songs...any five by boyband McFly...

Oh...and

Ever? I'm not sure however there's a few that pop up from time to time that I immediately change the channel on:

1.) Sex and Candy

2.) That Over the Rainbow crap remake with the Hawaiian dude

3.) Any Nickelback / Creed / generic rock song

Good one lol. South Park made fun of this too on the "Faith Hilling" episode. How can such an awesome TV event have such a shitty theme song???

UGGHHHHHH when I worked overnight waitress shift, heard that song at least 6 times a night. Then co workers were obsessed with the song, so I heard it in the kitchen all the time.

Once I finally threw my arms up and shouted "THIS SONG SUCKS AAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!!" lol

YESSS!! Another shitty song I forgot about!

The thing about that one is that it's 2 shitty songs rolled into one: A beginning part that sounds like a Tracy Chapman joint, and then the huge, goes on way too long stupid "FiiiiiiiiREE, We can go HIGHHEEERRR.. THAN the SUUUUuuuuuunnnn!!!!". Hate it!

#5. HInder- Lips Of an Angel. My sister played this song into the ground when it came out..

#4. Lynyrd Skynyrd- FreeBird. Its a good song. But, It gets played so much I hate it..

#3. Any song By Nickelback.

#2. Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines. This song makes me want to stangle Kittens.. And I love kittens..

#1. Marc Cohn- Walking Im Memphis... I hate this song soo much.. And I live in Memphis!! Everytime I hear this I want to find and Break Whatever Radio this Is playing on. Which its on every radio in Every Store.. Because The radion station of choice is most all stores is the same.. The River.. I hate that station. With a Passion!! I'd rather listen to pop Station.. And thats saying alot.

My rainbow of crap.. lol