Your five least favorite songs ever?

KenJennings

There's this song called "I Don't Care". I don't know who by, and frankly, I DON'T CARE. I hate it.

Robin Thicke's Blurred Lines is absolutely terrible. I hate hearing that ridiculous Michael Jackson "WOO!" 8000 times. f**k that guy and to hell with Alan Thicke for for producing that moron!

• Like 2

Cher - entire catalog. That's five right there, isn't it?

I dunno. I like the mid-'70s "Gypsies Tramps and Thieves" stuff when she was wearing Bob Mackie dresses and looking fine.

From 1980 on it's just been scary...

Brown Eyed Girl (VM), Sweet Home Alabama (LS), Ol' Time Rock and Roll (Segar)...I may keep adding. I have many!!

5 Eagles songs. Any 5, in any order. f**k them.

Why so much hate? I can understand some for them but... :huh:

I don't get it either. I'd rather listen to the five worst Eagles songs than the BEST pop music on the charts today. But I dig The Eagles, so that's no great leap for me. Each to their own, but I don't get it.

• Like 1

You light up my life—Debbie Boone

Achy Breaky Heart—Billy Ray cyrus

Louis Louis—???

Put some Stank on it—Squid Pimps

Jump—Van Halen

TM, you're going to put any Van Halen song in here?

sorry...I hate that song. DLR was really at a loss for words in his cocaine induced haze. It sucks. It's weak. The only listenable part is the BS guitar solo. VH improved so much when Hagar joined. Sorry for the rant...

Yeah, that Wham-bam, Amsterdam shit is awesome!! Better yet, this Van Hagar classic:

Well!

She treat me like a personal Jesus

Got the hand...put it where its gonna heal ya

Got the finger...put it right there on the trigger

Well, pump it up, pump it up

Baby make it bigger

Well... Im Going crazy

Pumping it up, pumping it up

(ewww ohhh ya)

It's gonna heal ya

She put the cream in my coffee (first thing in the morning)

Put that butter on my biscuit (honeydew my melons)

Cherries on bananas (gonna need a second helpin')

You know I'm up for breakfast so early in the morning

Lock the front ...Leave the back door open

Hot tub loosen up ...baby been soaking

Been tokin'...been sippin'

Slip slide slippin ... all got me tripping

Well... Im Going crazy

Keeping it up... pumping it up, pumping it up

Aint gonna kill ya

Edited by Presto-digitation

You light up my life—Debbie Boone

Achy Breaky Heart—Billy Ray cyrus

Louis Louis—???

Put some Stank on it—Squid Pimps

Jump—Van Halen

TM, you're going to put any Van Halen song in here?

sorry...I hate that song. DLR was really at a loss for words in his cocaine induced haze. It sucks. It's weak. The only listenable part is the BS guitar solo. VH improved so much when Hagar joined. Sorry for the rant...

Yeah, that Wham-bam, Amsterdam shit is awesome!! Better yet, this Van Hagar classic:

Well!

She treat me like a personal Jesus

Got the hand...put it where its gonna heal ya

Got the finger...put it right there on the trigger

Well, pump it up, pump it up

Baby make it bigger

Well... Im Going crazy

Pumping it up, pumping it up

(ewww ohhh ya)

It's gonna heal ya

She put the cream in my coffee (first thing in the morning)

Put that butter on my biscuit (honeydew my melons)

Cherries on bananas (gonna need a second helpin')

You know I'm up for breakfast so early in the morning

Lock the front ...Leave the back door open

Hot tub loosen up ...baby been soaking

Been tokin'...been sippin'

Slip slide slippin ... all got me tripping

Well... Im Going crazy

Keeping it up... pumping it up, pumping it up

Aint gonna kill ya

Honeydew my melons. :laughing guy:

Here's a few more to add to the list. Anything Aerosmith has done 1989 and newer. I don't care what anyone says, Love in an Elevator is so fkn stupid! And then all the ballads they were doing in the 90's was just a brutal reality that good music was truly dying. What was there to fall back on? Metallica? Yeah let me just throw in Load, Re-Load, Blow A Load, Dump A Load, f..k Metallica! Did they all die in the bus crash? I think so. Those posers in the 90's who claim to be Metallica were more like Metallica Jam. Aerosmith and Metallica, here are two bands that have sucked for much longer than they were good. Enter Sandman was a good guitar jam (but not Master of Puppets by any means) but the lyrics are unbearable to listen to. Sorry but just because you sing it like metal doesn't make the line, "gripping your pillow tight" sound cool. This was clean metal for 12 year olds. And Aerosmith and their stupid horn section sounds. Only a saxophone has really ever fit in some songs in rock (Foreigner -"Urgent", Quarterflash -"Harden My Heart") but that noisey horn section that they think is cool, SUCKS!

Although the above may not be at the top of my list of most hated songs, they have made their mark and are worth mentioning and have had their moments of pissing me off. It is just as much worth noting that anything unplugged sucks! What a horrible trend this unplugged crap was. Nothing kills a song more than when they do an acoustic version of the song. Here are some examples, Asia and Heart. The song "Don't Cry" by Asia is a very good song. It's a fast moving song, very catchy, and incredibly done by all the instruments in the band. It rocks. "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes" is a great power ballad by Asia. This song is very powerful and very deep. Yet when Asia plays live they always do acoustic versions of both these songs and it is such a buzz kill! It's bad enough when you go to a concert and the band butchers the songs with crowd interaction and encores and letting the crowd sing instead or anything they do but play the songs the way we know them. But unplugging it is a ripoff to me. If they wanna unplug it in the begining of the song then at least pick it up electric in the second half of the song. The Heart song, "Alone," another great ballad, very powerful, the song rocks. Yet live they unplug it. When I saw Foreigner I thought for sure they were going to unplug "Starrider." Thankfully they didn't! I am surprized they didn't unplug anything. But it's one thing to unplug a song on a tour but to unplug the same songs on every tour, as Asia did with those two songs, is annoying. Just take the songs off the setlist. Look, I gotta be like the parent scolding the 6 year old child. "If you can't play the songs right then you're not going to play them at all. There, problem solved. You're grounded from your acoutic guitar too." Don't get me wrong, there are some good versions of songs unplugged. Queensryche did awesome versions of "The Killing Words" and "The Lady Wore Black." But if I am seeing them live and they interupt the electric show to slow down and unplug for a couple songs it will have the same affect, BORING!!! And yeah, I know Rush unplugged "Resist." I'd still rather have heard that song electric but it wasn't a major disappointment. It slowed the show down but by unplugging that song they didn't leave much behind.

Sheryl Crow! This chick's got some songs that are consistant with how bad the 90's were. I hate the song "Soak up the Sun!" But that song she and Kid Rock did, "Picture," really pisses me off! I can't believe people get paid for that crap! But that's the music industry for ya. Just like the food industry, gotta have places like Pizza Hut and Papa Johns, we gotta have poor quality music too. But I am sure most would love to be a musician but most of us take too much pride in our work to be able to submit something like "Picture" as our completed project. No, we realized we sucked that bad and decided to do something else. Little did we know we could have gotten away with being so bad.

Speaking of pride in your work, anything Hip Hop, R & B, and Rap. Remember when black guys could sing? 60's and 70's soul? Some good stuff. But this garbage that for some reason is popular especially by white people, is beyond me and makes me wanna leave the frickn' country! Today's country music and that from the last 30 years makes me wanna leave as well. But look how msuic has been reduced to its smallest form. A metronome and a rhyme? It's practically tribal! Where are we going with music in this country? It was progressing nicely then all the sudden the 90's happened and we all got dumbed down. I take it no one takes music theory anymore. I can't even come up with any examples because the whole genre sounds the same. But if you were given a music project in school and this is what you handed in, wouldn't you expect to get a really low grade? Yeah, you get a grade for completeness but nothing musically inclined and no creativity. "So you get an F! And the only reason I gave you an F is because I can't give you a lower grade. So now I'm tired of slowing down my class because of you so I'm kicking you out of my class. But I'm afraid you're going to be persistant with your lame idea of music so I'm going to have you executed." My god I can't believe Rush had to play with, who was it, NWA? How does any gangster rap get in the R&R HOF? Don't call it the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame then. If Rap is in there, you can't call it The Music Hall Of Fame either.

Something else that disturbs me when thinking about idiots in music, any metal band that just tries to be heavier than the band before them. Pantera wanted to be heavier than Metallica. Who cares? Just make good songs. Judas Priest was a rock band, a hard rock band, and a heavy metal band all in one. They were professionals at what they did and changed with the times. Which was evident when they did Turbo. A major let down! Then they had to become heavier with Ram It Down. Another album that sucked. They got away from who they were. It wasn't until they reunited and did Angel of Retribution in 2004 that we heard some classic sounding Judas Priest. But alot of metal bands these days are just noise and aggression. And even if they have a few good songs like Disturbed did, many aren't talented enough to keep putting out good material. And some bands fill in the good stuff with creating material that is just a total cop out. Sevendust has alot of good songs. Only to be filled in with songs loaded with double bass and constant screaming and deep roaring. Take some fkn pride in your work and make music and write songs. And these bands wonder why they can only play cheap festivals, small local bars, and rib cook-offs. Just trying to be the heaviest, fastest, and noisiest band doesn't make you cool or any good.

The Smashing Pumpkins SUCK!!! Need I say anymore? Really?! That's how that guy sings?

And while I am on the topic of the worst things and things that suck, I fkn hate minivans!!!! Oh yeah, real cool how they try to ruin the Judas Priest song, "The Hellion," in their Honda Odyssey commercial. I've had to rent a minivan before while moving out of state. I refuse to listen to any good music in that thing. Every now and then I would slam my elbow into the door panel. I'd only listen to music that sucks if I listened to any music at all during that 20 hour drive. There is nothing more insulting than being stuck behind a minivan. It's like someone sticking their barefoot in your face. Don't you love when your behind a minivan in the fast lane, going under the speed limit? And you think it's the traffic in front of the minivan. Because you can't see around them, under them, or through them because the back window is tinted black! Then you catch a view of what's actually going on and realise you've just been had! There is no one in front of that piece of shit! And the whole time they have been in their own little world, in their minivan world, having no consideration for anything going on around them, completely disrespecting you. And all the while you're sorta being patient but kinda like, "C'monnnn....," and can't see nothing and then you realise you totally missed the song you were listening to. But then you realise you could have passed this asshole long ago! Gets ya pissed, doesn't it?! You pass 'em and cut 'em off! But they still aren't phased because they are in their own little minivan world and have no acknowledgement the world going on outside and around them in their Town 'n' Country or their Voyager. Yeah, I know, Rush has a song called "Caravan." I'm praying, just praying, Dodge doesn't get a hold of it! But back to this minivan shit! I swear these people who own 'em and drive 'em don't have genitals. What they do have is a big pink elbow resting on the door panel and a seat that looks more like an upright chair in front of the wheel, dork-ass ride! But they aren't male or female. "That's a nice Chevelle you have there! I used to have a '72 Chevelle......" But you cut your balls off and got a minivan. "Oh but I have kids...." So!? Get a limousine, make them feel important. Or get a dump truck! Kids like to play in the dirt. And you could dump them off at school! : ) But don't give me excuses! Minivans are disturbing and distracting and making us miss the guitar solos while we're driving. Ever notice when you are changing lanes there's always an opening behind a minivan? Do I have issues? Do I have built up anger? Yes and yes! Or am I pointing out the obvious and helping you to recognize what you always knew but never looked at it? That's gonna be another YES!

Ok, I feel better now! Have fun changing lanes : )

Robin Thicke- Blurred Lines

Black Eyed Peas- Boom Boom Pow

Anything by Ellie Goulding

Here's a few more to add to the list. Anything Aerosmith has done 1989 and newer. I don't care what anyone says, Love in an Elevator is so fkn stupid! And then all the ballads they were doing in the 90's was just a brutal reality that good music was truly dying. What was there to fall back on? Metallica? Yeah let me just throw in Load, Re-Load, Blow A Load, Dump A Load, f..k Metallica! Did they all die in the bus crash? I think so. Those posers in the 90's who claim to be Metallica were more like Metallica Jam. Aerosmith and Metallica, here are two bands that have sucked for much longer than they were good. Enter Sandman was a good guitar jam (but not Master of Puppets by any means) but the lyrics are unbearable to listen to. Sorry but just because you sing it like metal doesn't make the line, "gripping your pillow tight" sound cool. This was clean metal for 12 year olds. And Aerosmith and their stupid horn section sounds. Only a saxophone has really ever fit in some songs in rock (Foreigner -"Urgent", Quarterflash -"Harden My Heart") but that noisey horn section that they think is cool, SUCKS!

Although the above may not be at the top of my list of most hated songs, they have made their mark and are worth mentioning and have had their moments of pissing me off. It is just as much worth noting that anything unplugged sucks! What a horrible trend this unplugged crap was. Nothing kills a song more than when they do an acoustic version of the song. Here are some examples, Asia and Heart. The song "Don't Cry" by Asia is a very good song. It's a fast moving song, very catchy, and incredibly done by all the instruments in the band. It rocks. "The Smile Has Left Your Eyes" is a great power ballad by Asia. This song is very powerful and very deep. Yet when Asia plays live they always do acoustic versions of both these songs and it is such a buzz kill! It's bad enough when you go to a concert and the band butchers the songs with crowd interaction and encores and letting the crowd sing instead or anything they do but play the songs the way we know them. But unplugging it is a ripoff to me. If they wanna unplug it in the begining of the song then at least pick it up electric in the second half of the song. The Heart song, "Alone," another great ballad, very powerful, the song rocks. Yet live they unplug it. When I saw Foreigner I thought for sure they were going to unplug "Starrider." Thankfully they didn't! I am surprized they didn't unplug anything. But it's one thing to unplug a song on a tour but to unplug the same songs on every tour, as Asia did with those two songs, is annoying. Just take the songs off the setlist. Look, I gotta be like the parent scolding the 6 year old child. "If you can't play the songs right then you're not going to play them at all. There, problem solved. You're grounded from your acoutic guitar too." Don't get me wrong, there are some good versions of songs unplugged. Queensryche did awesome versions of "The Killing Words" and "The Lady Wore Black." But if I am seeing them live and they interupt the electric show to slow down and unplug for a couple songs it will have the same affect, BORING!!! And yeah, I know Rush unplugged "Resist." I'd still rather have heard that song electric but it wasn't a major disappointment. It slowed the show down but by unplugging that song they didn't leave much behind.

Sheryl Crow! This chick's got some songs that are consistant with how bad the 90's were. I hate the song "Soak up the Sun!" But that song she and Kid Rock did, "Picture," really pisses me off! I can't believe people get paid for that crap! But that's the music industry for ya. Just like the food industry, gotta have places like Pizza Hut and Papa Johns, we gotta have poor quality music too. But I am sure most would love to be a musician but most of us take too much pride in our work to be able to submit something like "Picture" as our completed project. No, we realized we sucked that bad and decided to do something else. Little did we know we could have gotten away with being so bad.

Speaking of pride in your work, anything Hip Hop, R & B, and Rap. Remember when black guys could sing? 60's and 70's soul? Some good stuff. But this garbage that for some reason is popular especially by white people, is beyond me and makes me wanna leave the frickn' country! Today's country music and that from the last 30 years makes me wanna leave as well. But look how msuic has been reduced to its smallest form. A metronome and a rhyme? It's practically tribal! Where are we going with music in this country? It was progressing nicely then all the sudden the 90's happened and we all got dumbed down. I take it no one takes music theory anymore. I can't even come up with any examples because the whole genre sounds the same. But if you were given a music project in school and this is what you handed in, wouldn't you expect to get a really low grade? Yeah, you get a grade for completeness but nothing musically inclined and no creativity. "So you get an F! And the only reason I gave you an F is because I can't give you a lower grade. So now I'm tired of slowing down my class because of you so I'm kicking you out of my class. But I'm afraid you're going to be persistant with your lame idea of music so I'm going to have you executed." My god I can't believe Rush had to play with, who was it, NWA? How does any gangster rap get in the R&R HOF? Don't call it the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame then. If Rap is in there, you can't call it The Music Hall Of Fame either.

Something else that disturbs me when thinking about idiots in music, any metal band that just tries to be heavier than the band before them. Pantera wanted to be heavier than Metallica. Who cares? Just make good songs. Judas Priest was a rock band, a hard rock band, and a heavy metal band all in one. They were professionals at what they did and changed with the times. Which was evident when they did Turbo. A major let down! Then they had to become heavier with Ram It Down. Another album that sucked. They got away from who they were. It wasn't until they reunited and did Angel of Retribution in 2004 that we heard some classic sounding Judas Priest. But alot of metal bands these days are just noise and aggression. And even if they have a few good songs like Disturbed did, many aren't talented enough to keep putting out good material. And some bands fill in the good stuff with creating material that is just a total cop out. Sevendust has alot of good songs. Only to be filled in with songs loaded with double bass and constant screaming and deep roaring. Take some fkn pride in your work and make music and write songs. And these bands wonder why they can only play cheap festivals, small local bars, and rib cook-offs. Just trying to be the heaviest, fastest, and noisiest band doesn't make you cool or any good.

The Smashing Pumpkins SUCK!!! Need I say anymore? Really?! That's how that guy sings?

And while I am on the topic of the worst things and things that suck, I fkn hate minivans!!!! Oh yeah, real cool how they try to ruin the Judas Priest song, "The Hellion," in their Honda Odyssey commercial. I've had to rent a minivan before while moving out of state. I refuse to listen to any good music in that thing. Every now and then I would slam my elbow into the door panel. I'd only listen to music that sucks if I listened to any music at all during that 20 hour drive. There is nothing more insulting than being stuck behind a minivan. It's like someone sticking their barefoot in your face. Don't you love when your behind a minivan in the fast lane, going under the speed limit? And you think it's the traffic in front of the minivan. Because you can't see around them, under them, or through them because the back window is tinted black! Then you catch a view of what's actually going on and realise you've just been had! There is no one in front of that piece of shit! And the whole time they have been in their own little world, in their minivan world, having no consideration for anything going on around them, completely disrespecting you. And all the while you're sorta being patient but kinda like, "C'monnnn....," and can't see nothing and then you realise you totally missed the song you were listening to. But then you realise you could have passed this asshole long ago! Gets ya pissed, doesn't it?! You pass 'em and cut 'em off! But they still aren't phased because they are in their own little minivan world and have no acknowledgement the world going on outside and around them in their Town 'n' Country or their Voyager. Yeah, I know, Rush has a song called "Caravan." I'm praying, just praying, Dodge doesn't get a hold of it! But back to this minivan shit! I swear these people who own 'em and drive 'em don't have genitals. What they do have is a big pink elbow resting on the door panel and a seat that looks more like an upright chair in front of the wheel, dork-ass ride! But they aren't male or female. "That's a nice Chevelle you have there! I used to have a '72 Chevelle......" But you cut your balls off and got a minivan. "Oh but I have kids...." So!? Get a limousine, make them feel important. Or get a dump truck! Kids like to play in the dirt. And you could dump them off at school! : ) But don't give me excuses! Minivans are disturbing and distracting and making us miss the guitar solos while we're driving. Ever notice when you are changing lanes there's always an opening behind a minivan? Do I have issues? Do I have built up anger? Yes and yes! Or am I pointing out the obvious and helping you to recognize what you always knew but never looked at it? That's gonna be another YES!

Ok, I feel better now! Have fun changing lanes : )

painkiller's better than anything priest has put out since, and it's better than the 6 that came before it I think (I prefer 70s priest over anything though)

I couldn't pick just five.

but Basically anything by the band Twenty One Pilots. god do they blow chunks.

Mick

Your fault for playing the albums then.

Could have just left it at one or two songs.

I couldn't pick just five.

but Basically anything by the band Twenty One Pilots. god do they blow chunks.

Mick

Your fault for playing the albums then.

Could have just left it at one or two songs.

everyone deserves a fair shake........i gave em one. they suck.

Mick

My least favorite song by Radiohead is Pablo Honey's "Thinking About You"...

Their worst song by a pretty wide margin. It's even worse than any of their scratched ideas or demos... In fact, "Thinking About You" was originally electric back when they played it when they were still "On a Friday", you can hear that version on some bootlegs, it's better there... Still not very good, but far far better ;)

• Like 1

I think I've narrowed down my list of the five least favorite songs I've ever heard...

#3 Whitney Houston - What's Love Got to do With It?

Tina Turner?

:eh: