Winter storm KHAAAAAAAANNN!!!

BeOhBe Bob

It's MAY 2ND.................and it's SNOWING.........

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

It's MAY 2ND.................and it's SNOWING.........

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

It's global warming I tell ya! :LMAO:

• Like 1

.Averaged globally, temperatures around the world have been rising pretty much since modern instrumental record-keeping began. But average global warming doesn’t mean steady, year-round warming everywhere.

Now, new research suggests that some of the cold, snowy winters that parts of the world have seen lately aren’t due just to random variations, but could in fact be caused by climate change. Yes, global warming might be causing more cooling and snow.

Led by Judah L. Cohen of Atmospheric and Environmental Research, the new study explains the effect this way:

The Arctic, which is warming more strongly than other parts of the globe, now sees more sea ice melt all the way into late summer and early fall;

The warmer conditions over open Arctic waters (remember, dark waters absorb heat from sunlight while light-colored ice reflects it) lead to higher moisture levels in the air. More moisture means more clouds that can bring on more precipitation;

Over Siberia, where it’s still cold enough for snow instead of rain, those additional clouds and moisture mean more snow than normal, especially in the fall;

Increased autumn snow cover in Siberia can help bring on the winter phase of what’s called the Arctic Oscillation, a variation in surface atmospheric pressure patterns. That can affect the jet stream and other prevailing wind patterns, bringing blasts of Arctic air deep into lower latitudes, especially in the eastern United States, southern Canada and northern Eurasia.

That line of reasoning would help explain why the Northern Hemisphere has seen a trend of more extreme winter weather — both bitter cold spells and heavy snows — since around 1988, the researchers say.

“(E)vidence suggests that summer and autumn warming trends are concurrent with increases in high-latitude moisture and an increase in Eurasian snow cover,” they write in an article published in Environmental Research Letters. And that, they continue, “dynamically induces large-scale wintertime cooling.”

There you go: warming causes cooling.

http://www.greenbang.com/global-warming-might-cause-colder-winters-more-snow_21263.html

http://tammybruce.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/algore2png.png

SURPRISE!!!! six inches of informer

gibbidygabbidddy goobidy hummana hummana hummana didley day-uh

LICKY BOOM BOOM

KHAAAAAAAAAAN!!!

Edited by BeOhBe Bob

-30 C -41 wind chill ... went out to the truck this AM ... while digging for the window scraper, I inadvertently bumped the steering wheel. The horn engaged and would not shut off ... ok then ... I will just disconnect the battery if I have to. The hood would not open ... yay! Plan B ... I started up the truck, which was plugged in thankfully ... it took 8 star trek minutes Khan time not including commercials and expletives until it showed mercy and/or the truck actually warmed up. It was a good thing that I slept in until 10 AM instead of waking up at 6:30 as the neighbors already love me not so much. Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan! ...you bastage!
  • Like 1

Snow is gradually melting here, low seems to be -6C. I am disappointed after the first snowfall. It rained a few times in the last week and a half. :(

I feel like I'm one of the few who looks forward to -20 and 3 feet of snow.

I spent $300 on a workshop and missed it because of the stupid weather. I won't get a refund or a tax deduction out of it.

This really f**king pisses me off. Ruined my holidays. I just feel so angry... I could strangle someone or something.

-45 windchill ... Khan ... I am sending you my energy bill ... love Gregory ... merry Christmas!

you can take your energy bill and stick it! :laughing guy:

Yesterday my son and I (really, I) finished clearing out our driveway and the sidewalks, and went inside to take showers and then make some breakfast. We got all our snow gear off, and I was literally in a t-shirt and my boxers, with the shower running, when my wife advised me her mother, who lives very close by, needed us to go over and shovel her out because the guy who does it for her called in sick. So we got our stuff back on and walked over to shovel her driveway.

More snow tomorrow day and night. Yeeesh.

Massive ice storm hits Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic provinces. 350,000 people without power in Ontario till possibly after x-mas.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ice-snow-storm-hits-central-and-atlantic-canada-1.2473414

Hope everyone back home in Toronto is ok

• Like 1

http://i852.photobucket.com/albums/ab88/unclemonteee/12-25-13042_zps4c9ec8e2.jpg

White Christmas?? KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNN!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Meanwhile in the Northern Sierras, it's been bone dry with a continuous inversion. Cold mornings in the valley, but 45 degrees plus at Lake Tahoe means poor ski conditions. I've only gotten five ski days in so far this year, none of them powder days, making life an almost unbearable series of sunny, blue sky days. :sundog: Khan? :unsure:

it's forty degrees and sunny and I wanted to do a whole weekend of ebaying

BUT NO

I got a effin cold coming

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN