As The Year Winds Down.....The Garden Is Track Of The Year

presto123

I would debate it between Headlong Flight and The Garden, but that's just me. HF has a special significance to me so it makes the song that much more awesome when I hear it.

Anybody Agree? I've listened to a lot of records and nothing gives me the chills like The Garden. Kudos to Rush for giving us this amazing track and album.

:yes: I agree. The Garden, imho, is quite simply the greatest song that Rush has ever written. It is certainly my favourite of the year.

:cheers:

It's not even the Best song on CA imo
  • Like 1

If you're getting "the chills" listening to The Garden; I suggest you get a space heater. Pretty much any other song on CA sounds better. Halo Effect is delightful. Clockwork Angels is epic. Any Rand is my hero.

If you're getting "the chills" listening to The Garden; I suggest you get a space heater. Pretty much any other song on CA sounds better. Halo Effect is delightful. Clockwork Angels is epic. Any Rand is my hero.

What? Halo Effect? That has always been my least fav on CA. Sounds like a SnA leftover. There are plenty of great tracks on CA for sure but to me nothing beats The Garden from the guitar solo to the end for goosebumps. Pure atmosphere.

• Like 1

What? Halo Effect? That has always been my least fav on CA. Sounds like a SnA leftover. There are plenty of great tracks on CA for sure but to me nothing beats The Garden from the guitar solo to the end for goosebumps. Pure atmosphere.

Whenever I hear the guitar solo in The Garden, my mind's eye pictures a bird in flight - soaring and majestic. I think it is one of Alex's finest pieces of work.

Only La Villa (A Lerxst in Wonderland) evokes as strong an emotion in me. La Villa is much grander and epic, imo, and the guitar work on all La Villa remains a personal favourite. A different emotion than The Garden though.

"The Garden" is my favourite on CA. It's just so epic, and overall, a tasteful composition. Anyone who has seen it will know just how epic it sounds live.

I saw it live and thought it came off completely lame. There was no life to it and it put the crowd to sleep, you couldn't even hear anyone singing along with it. Since it such a soft and quiet song you should be able to but it got nothing at my show. There was this power the studio version has that was missing in the live version. The song just didn't sound complete to me at my show, there was definitely something missing with it live.

Overall it's a good song but far from the best on the album. The first five songs, Seven Cities, Wreckers and Headlong all crush The Garden. I get why people love The Garden but I just don't get the same feeling from the song. I was hoping hearing it live would wake me up to the power so many claim this song possesses, but unfortunately it did not.

• Like 5