Which is better?

rushgoober

Understanding that CA has only been out about a month, be as objective as you can and answer which is better?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Understanding that CA has only been out about a month, be as objective as you can and answer which is better?

• Snakes & Arrows
    • Clockwork Angels

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2012, 02:33 PM)
I understand that the results will be a little skewed this early on in the game, but I'm still thinking CA is going to blow S&A out of the water on this poll.  What say you?

Great poll, Rushgoober, I was about to post the same thing. trink39.gif

Gompers is really trying hard to "prove" that CA is worse than S&A, so let's see how he spins this. eyesre4.gif I'm sure he'll say that it's too soon and we can't be objective. eyesre4.gif

Actually, I agree with him that there are some issues in the mixing and/or mastering of CA, which is dissapointing. sad.gif But for me it's nowhere near as bad as VT, which seems to be Gompers' claim.

But overall, for me the mixing/mastering issues are FAR outshined by the songwriting, energy, story, concept, optimism, and overall execution of CA.

(EDIT: Before I get bashed, yes, I think Wish Them Well and The Garden are optimistic. tongue.gif )

Edited by They Bow Defeated

In my opinion:

S&A: 2 great songs, 1 good song, the rest are either just okay or not too good.

CA: About 5 great songs, and the rest are damn good.

So CA wins for me, no contest, and that won't be changing.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2012, 02:18 PM)
S&A is actually quite a good album (and I can't be the only one who wants to bludgeon people with a blunt instrument every time they refer to the album as plodding sarcasm.gif ), but CA is just better and more fully realized.

OK. S&A:

draggings, flounders, lumbers, plugs along, schlepps, slogs, trudges along, meanders and wallows, but never, ever plods.

Except for the part after Far Cry.

S&A is one of my favorite albums- but I like CA even better (so far).

I STILL think that both Far Cry and MalNar are the best two tracks on either album, but after that I'd say that all but four tracks on CA beat everything else on S&A.

My opinion could change, but it's hard to see me finding much fault with CA.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jul 12 2012, 07:07 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2012, 02:18 PM)
S&A is actually quite a good album (and I can't be the only one who wants to bludgeon people with a blunt instrument every time they refer to the album as plodding sarcasm.gif ), but CA is just better and more fully realized.

OK. S&A:

draggings, flounders, lumbers, plugs along, schlepps, slogs, trudges along, meanders and wallows, but never, ever plods.

Except for the part after Far Cry.

trink39.gif

yes.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Jul 12 2012, 07:20 PM)
Snakes- Rush sound their age
Angels - Rush sound 30 years younger (ok, maybe 25 years younger.....)

That's a good way to put it.

Well, S+A was choice, and how would we have known that Far Cry, A+S, et al. would've delivered an awesome tour where RUSH would play so many songs....from it...

Now we have CA, and it is just frkng EPIC.

EPIC.

THis is a whole new echelon for RUSH; I had a dream (nightmare?) that I ran back to my truck at the Gorge to get my front row ticket stub...lol.

Uh uhhh. CA is just a kickback, kickass retribute to the RUSH I love more than ever. This could be the best album ever....Garden is RUSH's Stairway to Heaven, IMO

I know there is no accounting for taste, but in this poll I don't know how anyone could possibly vote for S&A. CA sounds more like definitive Rush and the music, lyrics and performances are better.

I finally purchased CA last weekend, and I have been listening to it whenever I get the chance.

CA keeps catching my attention, whereas S&A - other than Far Cry - really didn't faze me at all.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2012, 03:33 PM)
I understand that the results will be a little skewed this early on in the game, but I'm still thinking CA is going to blow S&A out of the water on this poll.  What say you?

laugh.gif

More credibility in a few years. yes.gif

I am still liking S&A more just a bit. Very dynamic playing, great songwriting, and very good mix/production. It is a easy listen start to finish. CA is so new, I haven't gotten sick of it except for a few songs. Also, S&A sounds fresher still than CA does now.