Popular Artists you just don't like

Lacuna Coil

Hey Segue, this person lives in a world where Lacuna Coil is popualr. I wonder where that is :LOL:

They've played some pretty big festivals. And i thought there were other fans here besides Segue.

Haha yeah a few...they ain't the biggest band in the earth, but to be fair not the most unheard of either. Back in 2006 they made the cover of nearly every major rock magazine, so based in that alone they are legit!

You mean back in 2006 Cristina made the cover of nearly every major rock magazine, right? ;)

• Like 1

Have to third Ghost. the gimmick stage stuff is just silly and the songwriting is sub-par and immature.

Mick

What do you find immature about the songwriting? I get it for the first album but I thought they really grew a lot with their new one.

Other than Ghost songs, what are some examples of immature songwriting? Some Kiss songs maybe?

99.9% of rock and pop music.
  • Like 1

Lacuna Coil

Hey Segue, this person lives in a world where Lacuna Coil is popualr. I wonder where that is :LOL:

They've played some pretty big festivals. And i thought there were other fans here besides Segue.

Haha yeah a few...they ain't the biggest band in the earth, but to be fair not the most unheard of either. Back in 2006 they made the cover of nearly every major rock magazine, so based in that alone they are legit!

You mean back in 2006 Cristina made the cover of nearly every major rock magazine, right? ;)

True but that wasn't the bands fault haha!

And they got tremendous reviews that year as well.

Muse

I like them...but I have never been truly convinced that they are worth the fuss. Catchy and all that, but in the UK they are treated like a modern day Led Zeppelin or Queen.

Not convinced, and I have seen them live.

When it comes to underrated trios, King's X deserve more acclaim.

• Like 3

Camel........yes i said........

Muse

I like them...but I have never been truly convinced that they are worth the fuss. Catchy and all that, but in the UK they are treated like a modern day Led Zeppelin or Queen.

Dream Theater do Muse better, lol

Mick

Muse

Mick

Ermmmm...not quite lol

• Like 1

Muse

Mick

Ermmmm...not quite lol

emmmmm...........yes quite, lol ;)

Mick

Muse

Mick

Ermmmm...not quite lol

emmmmm...........yes quite, lol ;)

Mick

The Muse like songs are great or crap.

But they never better the best of Muse.

Never.

Dream Theater, however, better Muse with their own sound.

Taylor Swift is always so awkward in everything she does. I'm starting to think she has Asperger's Disease judging from her inability to maintain relationships with men and how she acts at awards shows and her friends' weddings.

Taylor Swift is always so awkward in everything she does. I'm starting to think she has Asperger's Disease judging from her inability to maintain relationships with men and how she acts at awards shows and her friends' weddings.

I think she comes from a price legend background...I think she is just a tad overconfident and also settled in her average-ness.

I have grown up with aspergers friends and my brother in law has it. I don't see any signs of it in her.

In fact, she is one of the most clued in stars on the planet right now.

Kanye is the one I swear has mental problems.

Reading back through some of these it's hilarious seeing who hates whom.... But also seeing my comments on Lady GaGa... saw a few older things last week that were posted under Stephanie Germanotta (or something like that) which is what her "real" name is, and it DID have her playing piano. I will admit that she is a serious talent! But I honestly would take her more seriously if she just dropped the "stage name"....
  • Like 1

Reading back through some of these it's hilarious seeing who hates whom.... But also seeing my comments on Lady GaGa... saw a few older things last week that were posted under Stephanie Germanotta (or something like that) which is what her "real" name is, and it DID have her playing piano. I will admit that she is a serious talent! But I honestly would take her more seriously if she just dropped the "stage name"....

As good an entertainer as she my be, she's still a hack. Now she's kissing the ass of Bowie's legacy.

As good an entertainer as she my be, she's still a hack. Now she's kissing the ass of Bowie's legacy.

She has acknowledged her love for him since before she was ever famous. She has NEVER shied from admitting her love and the inspiration he gave her. Say what you like about her music and reputation, but she was a dedicated, hardcore Bowie fan.

She has acknowledged her love for him since before she was ever famous. She has NEVER shied from admitting her love and the inspiration he gave her. Say what you like about her music and reputation, but she was a dedicated, hardcore Bowie fan.

She's a kiss ass. :yes:

Someone who does not follow her career closely would say so. Someone who has knows this is just her natural response.

Someone who does not follow her career closely would say so. Someone who has knows this is just her natural response.

Ah, a real fan...

Ah, a real fan...

Ah, a real fan...

I admire her greatly. Always have. I don't even like most of her work that much. But she is always sincere, even when she looks back and realises her work was awful (she seems to dislike Artpop as much as her fanbase does).

You can hate on her. But base your arguments on a little more than mere theory.

Had it not been for Gaga, I doubt the Grammy's would have given much attention to Bowie. Same goes for the hard work Grohl put in to ensure Lemmy was honoured.

Queens of the Stone.

They remind me of Kyuss; but without the good songs, awesome guitar riffs, thundering bass & drums and great singing.

Kyuss were amazing. Queens do nothing for me.

• Like 1

Springsteen... Bad vocals, simple music, only a few good songs. I don't get it.

Beatles... Compared to some of the other British rockers of the time, they weren't great. More hype than music.

Opeth... I want to like them, they're great musicians. I've even seen them live. But their music is still unmemorable to me.

Kiss... What's the deal there? Meh. Meh. Meh.

• Like 1

Simple music? Seriously, have you ever listened to a Springsteen album?

Beatles... Compared to some of the other British rockers of the time, they weren't great. More hype than music.

Hype, for sure, I don't know if hype can last for half a century. Good music certainly does.

Opeth... I want to like them, they're great musicians. I've even seen them live. But their music is still unmemorable to me.

I claim ignorance. I have one Opeth album that I never listen to. Blackwater Park?

I can't imagine hearing a song like "Deuce" or "Hard Luck Woman" or "Detroit Rock City" and not being impressed. And I guess hype can last for almost half a century!

Edited by ReRushed
  • Like 2

Agreed. I've heard albums too and I find the music simple as well.

Disagree on all counts. They didn't change the game, they created it. Rock simply wasn't taken seriously before them and by the time they hung it up we had genres everywhere. Writers, singers, performers, innovators. They did it all except dance.

Never heard a thing.

Agreed. As long as it is treated like party "music" I ignore it. As soon as it gets taken seriously it is disturbing. They give me the heebie jeebies

Nirvana - Simply put.....one of the biggest over hyped bands in modern history. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks...their music to my ears is pure nonsense and is crap.

Metallica - Save for a handful of songs....whatever. It starts to all sound exactly the same to me. I understand how hugely popular they are. Does not mean I like it.

Guns n Roses - yes their debut album has some classic kick ass tunes and they were somewhat against the grain and genuine with all the hair band nonsense going on around them at the time. But after that debut....they flamed out fast, and they stunk to high heaven as a live act. God they were terrible both times I saw them. Once as an opener for Motley Crue and then a headliner on Use Your Illusion (my then girlfriend had to see them)

The Ramones and The Clash - I am not into punk rock at all so that will explain why I find their music to be totally un- listenable for me. Pure dreck for me.

REM - Other than Gravity's Pull and a couple of other nuggets....this band is pure shit. So f***ing overrated it's not even funny. Ugh.....so bad.

Those rock bands just stand out to me as whatever but yet have huge followings.

• Like 1

Nirvana - Simply put.....one of the biggest over hyped bands in modern history. I don't give a shit what anyone thinks...their music to my ears is pure nonsense and is crap.

Metallica - Save for a handful of songs....whatever. It starts to all sound exactly the same to me. I understand how hugely popular they are. Does not mean I like it.

Guns n Roses - yes their debut album has some classic kick ass tunes and they were somewhat against the grain and genuine with all the hair band nonsense going on around them at the time. But after that debut....they flamed out fast, and they stunk to high heaven as a live act. God they were terrible both times I saw them. Once as an opener for Motley Crue and then a headliner on Use Your Illusion (my then girlfriend had to see them)

The Ramones and The Clash - I am not into punk rock at all so that will explain why I find their music to be totally un- listenable for me. Pure dreck for me.

REM - Other than Gravity's Pull and a couple of other nuggets....this band is pure shit. So f***ing overrated it's not even funny. Ugh.....so bad.

Those rock bands just stand out to me as whatever but yet have huge followings.

Overall, I agree with everything on this list.

Exceptions:

I like a few songs by Nirvana, REM and I think Metallica had a short spell of greatness.

Everything else is sort of garbage to my ears. I dislike Slash and I don't like Axl Rose's voice, and the songs that I did like I simply just "like". The Clash are a band I truly respect for what they are. I enjoy them but it all sort of falls into the background.

The Ramones are to my ears a nice little band. Inoffensive, catchy and they please a lot of people. But I find them as boring and faceless as Green Day. Each to their own.

I don't hate any of these acts, but as a list, all of them are overrated to my ears (Metallica were great, but many of their peers surpassed them to very little critical and commercial fanfare, they deserve the respect they get but it's not entirely fair that they have such a huge following whilst bands like Exodus, Testament and Sepultura come off as mere cult bands.).