Clockwork Angels

Nate1647

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jun 5 2012, 01:36 AM)
If you look at the Rush albums with a title track, they have generally ALL been great.
Fly By Night, 2112, A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Natural Science (might as well call it the title track of PeW), Mission (same as PeW's example), Presto, and Vapor Trail. All have generally been great. (Test 4 Echo was bad for me, so I didn't include it.)

I love t4e especially live fantastic song.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jun 5 2012, 07:05 AM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Jun 5 2012, 04:21 AM)
Yes, as this time, it is my favorite song off CA. Not fav Rush tune though. That will take time if it happens. I just can't allow myself to go all in so early on.

Even though I think it's probably the best song on CA, there's no WAY I could call it their best song ever. I mean, we do live in a world where there are songs like Xanadu and La Villa Strangiato and Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions and The Spirit of Radio and YYZ and, well, at least 20 or 25 Rush songs that this song would have to climb over to reach the top spot. As much as I am loving the song, I just don't see that happening. As much as a masterpiece as the song MAY be (too early for me to tell), I still doubt I'll think it's better even than Armor and Sword, which truly is a modern-day masterpiece IMHO...

I don't find YYZ and Spirit that fondly I think this peaks it quite intently.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 8 2012, 07:43 AM)
QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Jun 8 2012, 12:59 AM)
This one really had to grow on me. I love that about this album, it takes more than 1 listen to get the whole picture, but when you do, it's mind blowing.

I really like the blues section that just shows up randomly. What do you think it represents? For me it feels like it represents the working citizens being looked down upon by the Watchmaker. Like I just get this picture in my head of farmers and factory workers, toiling away while being being told that "Everything will turn out for the best".  Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, but it's just the imagery that comes to mind when I hear that part.

Great song. I hope we see it performed live.

Wow! I got the complete opposite out of this song. The Lyrics indicates that they are not real beings but more robotic. 'Synchronized and graceful they move like living things." These are the beings that are keeping the masses in check, the watchmakers watch dogs if you will!

"Celestial machinery - move through your commands" and they masses worship them since they provide them with everything they need but its a form of control.

Enter the Peddlar:

"What do you lack?"

wink.gif

Yea, thats the chorus you're thinking of.

The blues part after the solo (with the watchmaker (?) singing to the people) is the part I also associate with the people just blindly going about their business, totally content (lead in to the anarchist?)

Does anyone else get a church choir vibe from the chorus? Idk if thats what it is, but there is something there that gives me serious creeps. Just imagining these faceless beings swirling about above the town, the people totally blind to what they are. Pretty terrifying, to me at least.

I know the S&A haters ( eyesre4.gif ) will be all over me for this one, but doesn't anyone else hear a similar riff to 'Good News First' in Seven Cities of Gold?

Check out part...1:37 - 1:54

I do. Also, I'm not complaining...I actually like GNF, and I'm LOVING Seven Cities! 1022.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jun 8 2012, 12:47 PM)
I know the S&A haters ( eyesre4.gif ) will be all over me for this one, but doesn't anyone else hear a similar riff to 'Good News First' in Seven Cities of Gold?

Check out part...1:37 - 1:54

I do. Also, I'm not complaining...I actually like GNF, and I'm LOVING Seven Cities! 1022.gif

I like GNF a lot too.

But we are talking about the Title Track in this thread, not 7COG. laugh.gif

Maybe there should be a spawned thread about other songs we hear in parts of CA.

cool.gif

Played this song for a friend (HATES everything after MP) today and they were like, "yea I remember when this came out, killer song, it's off permanent waves right?"

He was absolutely blown away to hear it was off their new album.

QUOTE (Nate1647 @ Jun 8 2012, 10:52 PM)
Played this song for a friend (HATES everything after MP) today and they were like, "yea I remember when this came out, killer song, it's off permanent waves right?"

He was absolutely blown away to hear it was off their new album.

That's cool. Was he also blown away by his utter stupidity of thinking it was on Permanent Waves? wink.gif

This is still my favorite song on the album.

Edited by J2112YYZ

I didn't really care for this song that much at first. The chorus was kind of hokey to me. But man, the parts where the three of them kick in and start jamming are just unreal. I can't get enough now.

QUOTE (theanalogmiddleagedman @ Jun 10 2012, 07:03 PM)
I didn't really care for this song that much at first. The chorus was kind of hokey to me. But man, the parts where the three of them kick in and start jamming are just unreal. I can't get enough now.

How is the chorus hokey? I think it paints a beautiful image. Still my favorite on the album and is consistanly getting stuck in my head all the time.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 10 2012, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (theanalogmiddleagedman @ Jun 10 2012, 07:03 PM)
I didn't really care for this song that much at first.  The chorus was kind of hokey to me.  But man, the parts where the three of them kick in and start jamming are just unreal.    I can't get enough now.

How is the chorus hokey? I think it paints a beautiful image. Still my favorite on the album and is consistanly getting stuck in my head all the time.

It has been growing on me since the begining. I too was a bit turned off by the Melody of the Chorus! But it suppose to sound like Angels Singing! Its more of an effect that the boys were going for. It's taken a few listens but I have finally started to warm up to the Chorus!

yes.gif

Seven cities is a freaking sick sick song yo.

Yo?Well no- not a hipster.

The song is just so great and epic like the rest of this CA release.

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Jun 11 2012, 06:46 AM)
It didn't sit right with me straight away, but after 3 or 4 listens it clicked in a big way, and it now sits in the top 5 tracks on the album for me 1022.gif

That's exactly how my experience went.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jun 11 2012, 06:57 AM)
QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Jun 11 2012, 06:46 AM)
It didn't sit right with me straight away, but after 3 or 4 listens it clicked in a big way, and it now sits in the top 5 tracks on the album for me  1022.gif

That's exactly how my experience went.

It's such a sprawling, original song with unconventional structure, which requires the mind to accomodate more and assimilate less....hence the initial unease and taking longer to digest.

I just listened to this and realized the higher toms must be leveled higher for those awesome fills.