OH MY GOD!

GangsterOnBoats

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 18 2012, 11:23 AM)
Wow, that song makes seven minutes disappear very quickly. I love the section at 6:21 where the music backs off and Geddy's voice comes out strong!

unfortunately, that was the only time i found a melody to latch on to unsure.gif

QUOTE (gedfan @ Apr 18 2012, 09:25 AM)
QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 18 2012, 11:23 AM)
Wow, that song makes seven minutes disappear very quickly.  I love the section at 6:21 where the music backs off and Geddy's voice comes out strong!

unfortunately, that was the only time i found a melody to latch on to unsure.gif

oh puleeeeze.

QUOTE (Powderfinger @ Apr 18 2012, 11:16 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 18 2012, 11:11 AM)
VERY FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

1. The sound quality is horrible - I'm assuming this is because it's a compressed file on the Rolling Stone site and that it will sound much cleaner/clearer on the CD.  The lyrics are VERY hard to make out.

2. VERY F*CKING HEAVY - definitely a continuation of the sound they started on CP and especially on T4E - not crazy about how relentlessly heavy it has to be.

3. Otherwise sounds pretty damn cool.  For awhile I was afraid there would be no real guitar solo, just repeating of the main riff(s), but thankfully there was one in there - not the best Alex solo in the multiverse, but still really cool, and the instrumentation sounds great even with the muddiness of this version.  I at least really like it, and I could grow to love it, especially when I can hear it clearer and discern the lyrics!

I too am concerned about the sound. But I'm guessing this is just an ultra-compressed file.

Poor file or poor mastering?

I'm afraid hehe scared.gif

2.gif Glad I am at home for lunch !! ROCKS!!!!! I think the cats ran downstairs... cool.gif is a bit loud!! biggrin.gif If this is what the rest is to be, the whole album live should kick ass!!!

can't you understand how a rush fan still wants to listen to new rush as much as possible to let it sink in? jesus, you act like i'm the first fan to not be thrilled upon first listen. i didn't say i hated it, just didn't strike me as that melodic on first listen.

p.s. it's "'you're'" asking.."

Edited by gedfan