Clockwork Angels - Track Running Times

Snaked

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 12 2012, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 12 2012, 09:15 AM)
Wasn't one cut supposed to be pushing double digits?  I thought I read that somewhere.

We all heard that yeah... But then again the original track count was 8 songs so maybe one of the longer songs was divided for whatever reason.

I believe the quote was something like "7 or 8 minutes but by the time we're done with it, it could be in the double digits.."

Maybe it just didn't happen.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 12 2012, 01:38 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Apr 12 2012, 02:37 PM)
If you click on the OP's link to best buy and then click the Details tab it lists the genre as pop.  huh.gif

Yep...I saw that a few minutes ago.

facepalm.gif

oooh, I love Pop Music!

I guess that makes Rush all of our favourite Boy Band.

tongue.gif

Just thinking... I believe one of the tweets about Headlong Flight mentioned a "strange" spoken word section somewhere in the song.

Maybe the longer version of BU2B is due to a linking section in the intro or outro, maybe of sound effects (steam engines, steel wheels, etc.) or spoken word (voice of the Watchmaker, his Priests, etc)?

It would be pretty cool if CA has a couple of little "Pink Floyd" moments, where sound effects or voices are used in the songs or between songs, and if maybe the tracks flow together (like Floyd or Marillion) as others have mentioned.

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 12 2012, 09:07 AM)
If I did my math correctly, that appears to be 66 minutes and 4 seconds.

Which is why there is no way this will be on sale for $19.99 . For 2 more bucks you can buy The Wall

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 12 2012, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Apr 12 2012, 09:07 AM)
If I did my math correctly, that appears to be 66 minutes and 4 seconds.

Which is why there is no way this will be on sale for $19.99 . For 2 more bucks you can buy The Wall

There were rumors a while back that it was going to be packaged with some sort of graphic novel. Maybe that has been disbanded because an actual book is going to be released. But the quality of the artwork that has been floating around still makes this a possibility. Other than that, it could be packaged with a dvd containing higher quality versions or some other bullshit.

Edited by savagegrace26

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 12 2012, 03:05 PM)
Just thinking... I believe one of the tweets about Headlong Flight mentioned a "strange" spoken word section somewhere in the song.

Maybe the longer version of BU2B is due to a linking section in the intro or outro, maybe of sound effects (steam engines, steel wheels, etc.) or spoken word (voice of the Watchmaker, his Priests, etc)?

It would be pretty cool if CA has a couple of little "Pink Floyd" moments, where sound effects or voices are used in the songs or between songs, and if maybe the tracks flow together (like Floyd or Marillion) as others have mentioned.

Yeah, I like your thinking.

The only thing is...the tracklist shows Headlong Flight as the 9th track, while BU2B is number 2.

So...I don't think those are attached, but you could be right as in BU2B could be attached to the 3rd song, which I believe is the title track.

For the record...I would LOVE a concept record a la Operation: Mindcrime! Would be very cool. 1022.gif

There's a rumor that the intro to Caravn is actually the ending to the Garden, which will then weave back and time warp you to the Anarchist's middle section followed by BU2B2's musical frenzy at the 3 minute 20 second mark. This will then proceed to the outro of 7 Cities of Gold, which will reach behind and touch the middle section of Wish Them Well, followed AND preceded by the 2 minute 10 second - 8 minute 30 seconds musical jamming in Clockwork Angels title track. Truly, an epic and "rolled ball into one" soundtrack.

QUOTE (Gedneil Alpeart @ Apr 12 2012, 02:49 PM)
There's a rumor that the intro to Caravn is actually the ending to the Garden, which will then weave back and time warp you to the Anarchist's middle section followed by BU2B2's musical frenzy at the 3 minute 20 second mark. This will then proceed to the outro of 7 Cities of Gold, which will reach behind and touch the middle section of Wish Them Well, followed AND preceded by the 2 minute 10 second - 8 minute 30 seconds musical jamming in Clockwork Angels title track. Truly, an epic and "rolled ball into one" soundtrack.

I want some of his cool10.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 12 2012, 02:30 PM)
So...I don't think those are attached, but you could be right as in BU2B could be attached to the 3rd song, which I believe is the title track.

Right, I don't think BU2B and HF are linked, but maybe BU2B segues from Caravan (track 1) or into Clockwork Angels (track 3) with some new section?

And maybe some of these track times could be a little "inflated" by short linking sections? (Hopefully not too much.)

Maybe we'll get some narration from Neil? cool10.gif

QUOTE (They Bow Defeated @ Apr 12 2012, 02:05 PM)

I think they said the spoken word part was in the middle of HF.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 12 2012, 09:19 AM)
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but what is the deal around here with starting new threads? Do you get points for that, or something? The tracklist was posted in two other existing threads that related to the track length almost an hour before this thread was started. Is it necessary to clog up the forum with as many new threads as possible?

It's really odd to me. When I posted the tracklist before, I wasn't sure if it had already been reported, so I spent just a few minutes checking other threads and even did a search to make sure. Am I the only one that does that?

I enjoy visiting these forums and discussing all things Rush, but HOLY CRAP it takes forEVER to sort through redundant threads.

It's fine for this thread.. the running times spur alot of discussion (as you can see) and that would make it difficult to keep a good discussion going on one specific thread.. Sometimes it can be tedious, but for CA, I understand the new threads.

All of these CoS comparisons are making me have crazy thoughts -- like, is this the band's attempt at maybe a "do-over" on CoS?? confused13.gif

Would that not be strange? I can hear them now: "Yea, our whole career since 2112 has been about finally achieving the sound we really wanted on CoS but were still too young and inexperienced to actually achieve. We always believed in that record and dammit, here's how it was SUPPOSED to sound!"

unsure.gif

Okay .... ph34r.gif Maybe not. bolt.gif

Edited by wilb1972

QUOTE (snowdog212 @ Apr 12 2012, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 12 2012, 09:19 AM)
I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but what is the deal around here with starting new threads? Do you get points for that, or something?  The tracklist was posted in two other existing threads that related to the track length almost an hour before this thread was started.  Is it necessary to clog up the forum with as many new threads as possible?

It's really odd to me.  When I posted the tracklist before, I wasn't sure if it had already been reported, so I spent just a few minutes checking other threads and even did a search to make sure.  Am I the only one that does that?

I enjoy visiting these forums and discussing all things Rush, but HOLY CRAP it takes forEVER to sort through redundant threads.

The threads being started on here border on the absurd to ridiculous

I get the not wanting duplicate threads argument and for that reason I always do a search to try to make sure that I'm not starting a duplicate.

But 2 things. One, the reason you have to deal with duplicate threads is because you haven't been paying for your TRF subscription. All of us who pay the $19.99 monthly fee get the enhanced version of the forum that AUTOMATICALLY deletes duplicate threads AND moves misplaced threads to the correct section AND most importantly for your problem with "threads being started on here border on the absurd to ridiculous," the paid version sends those threads directly to "The Rolling Stone Forum". So the blame falls squarely on your shoulders for not paying your monthly membership fee. I mean, you don't expect a free website run by human beings to spend all day making an online environment for us to blather on like I'm doing now for free do you? eyesre4.gif

That said, I'm glad this thread was started because I didn't know that the track times were even released besides HF, Caravan and BU2B.

So I would most likely not know right now the track lengths, which I want to know, and now...I know. So thanks to the OP for starting this thread. trink39.gif

AND BU2B is almost 1 minute longer and since I already went to the track list thread I wasn't gonna head back in any time soon and I would not be "in the know" which would have sucked for me!

So, I get the duplicate thread argument...but it doesn't make any sense for this thread. And as for the "absurd to ridiculous" threads, again that falls on you because your not paying your monthly membership fee.

Now that I've addressed that important issue...WOW...I can't wait to hear this album! So many longer songs...looks like every song is contributing to the "concept", the clip released sounds amazing, the cover and other artwork we have seen looks awesome, we might be getting 2 discs...a CD and a DVD... WTF does anyone have to complain about for the love of RUSH!?

Oh wait, I do have one complaint...I don't like that particular shade of red on the cover!!! Those bastards!!!!!! rage.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Apr 12 2012, 04:15 PM)

AND BU2B is almost 1 minute longer and since I already went to the track list thread I wasn't gonna head back in any time soon and I would not be "in the know"  which would have sucked for me!

Yes! I don't know if this has been brought up as a confirmation, but Amazon's BU2B is listed at 4:21 and the new one is 5:10. That surely means it was re-recorded. Caravan remains the same. In case y'all knew that, just having a personal Rush epiphany biggrin.gif trink38.gif 2.gif