Digital Man

ILSnwdog

I'm listening to the iPod while I'm at work, and Digital Man came up on Shuffle...and I stopped what I was doing because the bass line in that song is so f***ing sick! 1022.gif

After hearing that one make the cut on the Snakes and Arrows tour I have a whole new appreciation for it. wub.gif

Sorry to bother you...please carry on. smile.gif

Edited by ILSnwdog

A Great song from a Great album

Yup killer song. Someone should start a thread/poll...top 5 Geddy bass lines (not solos, but songs with intense bass lines)

I would...but I'm too lazy. tongue.gif

I ignored the song for many years, thinking the lyrics were too dippy to get past. Turns out they're not (lyrically, it's part of "Subdivisions" and "Analog Kid," and contributes to a larger story).

Now I love the song. Making up for lost time, I play it more than the other songs on the album and it's my favorite. Like you said, the bass is AWESOME.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 21 2012, 03:00 AM)
I ignored the song for many years, thinking the lyrics were too dippy to get past. Turns out they're not (lyrically, it's part of "Subdivisions" and "Analog Kid," and contributes to a larger story).

Now I love the song. Making up for lost time, I play it more than the other songs on the album and it's my favorite. Like you said, the bass is AWESOME.

yes.gif

I felt the same way at first. But that bass line has always been a real jaw-dropper - SO great!!!

This song transports me back to the early 80s. All of my friends were riding high on the Eddie Van Halen train and asked why anyone would want to play bass when you could make such cool sounds with a guitar a la EVH. I played them this song.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 20 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 20 2012, 06:21 PM)
One of my all time faves.

Currently using it as my ring tone.

Check this guy out....don't know if he's on TRF but he NAILS this song...as well as many others...check out how casual he is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ibab-rk4QM

AWESOME!!! God that bass sounds awesome..

Agreed...I watched the footage of that guy jamming to Xanadu.

Exactly does Geddy do it---sing and play. I've seen them 7 times, and to this day I don't understand how Geddy does it.

It boggles the mind. wacko.gif

-Kent

What I like best about DM is that the band took parts that, musically, seem to have nothing really to do with each other and somehow connected them up into something that works (if just barely). And, of course, the bass parts are really cool.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Mar 20 2012, 02:12 PM)
I'm listening to the iPod while I'm at work, and Digital Man came up on Shuffle...and I stopped what I was doing because the bass line in that song is so f***ing sick! 1022.gif

After hearing that one make the cut on the Snakes and Arrows tour I have a whole new appreciation for it. wub.gif

Sorry to bother you...please carry on. smile.gif

One of the best songs on Signals! Which is a great 2.gif Album!

1022.gif 1022.gif