So Much Positivity

presto123

I'm extremely optimistic about this new album. At the same time, I'm realistic. I don't think anyone, including the band themselves, will ever suggest that this album will be as incredible as either Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves, which in my opinion, are both perfection, from one of the worlds greatest bands, recorded in their prime.

Based on the first two tracks ( especially bu2b ), I am VERY optimistic we'll be getting some outstanding stuff on this album.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now THIS is a thread I'll participate in!

I'm gonna out myself and say that I truly love every Rush album put out. I can enjoy every last one of their songs except for one (second nature-only Rush song I keep off my ipod but that's for a different thread lol).

I'm waayyyy too excited for this new album, and I think Caravan and BU2B are 2 of my all time favorite Rush tracks. I love the heaviness of them and how much energy they have, not bad for a bunch of old dudes laugh.gif

I even love S&A, every song on that album. I know a lot of people like to bash it, but I never got why, I loved it the first time I popped it in my cd player. So, even if CA ends up being anything like S&A (which it probably won't judging by the 2 new songs and how Rush change their style up every album), I know I'm still going to enjoy whatever they show up with. THAT is why I'm so excited for this new album. Also, can't wait for them to tour again so I can see them my 5th time (and maybe a 6th)!

1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

BU2B and Caravan were both excellent.

I'm sure the whole album will be as well.

We'll have a great summer/fall tour.

It's going to be a Super-Great Rush Year!!!

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/DSCN0192.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d155/RamsATW/user14263_pic2301_1284666996.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 18 2012, 06:14 AM)
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/Ghettochip/bob-ross.jpg

I hope CA's album artwork has a nice quiet little stream...yeah...just put one in there...and maybe it's surrounded by some happy little lilacs...right next to a great big happy tree or two....see it's not so hard to just throw those big happy trees in there....and above it all some little fluffy clouds...look at them....they're smiling right down on that happy little bunch of glory on the ground down there....yeah nice and happy.

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif

TRF..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Hawkeye1/kellyoddball.jpg

The excitement in this thread and the enthusiasm for Rush displayed herein is almost more than I can stand!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xdVIURsvvbY/ShgSGAvRSXI/AAAAAAAAA8Y/AS3dsMVFvBA/s400/stimpy.png

http://images3.nick.com/nicktoons-assets/shows/images/ren-stimpy/large/nicktoons-ren-stimpy-large-marge.jpg

http://www.praytoranimation.com/lEOJOYJOY.jpg

I'm "quietly" excited about Clockwork Angels. I'll be more hyped when it actually comes out.

This is the first album to be released since I became a fan that I've followed from the first announcement of a release.

2.gif ROCKS!! 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 18 2012, 03:59 PM)
http://www.praytoranimation.com/lEOJOYJOY.jpg

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 18 2012, 01:06 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 18 2012, 12:34 AM)
I know a lot of people get hassled for just loving their prime period stuff, but seriously,  what they did from 1976-1982 was nothing short of miraculous. 

I would actually extend that bubble from 1974 to 1987 as containing all amazing material with very few minor exceptions.  There are only 4 or 5 songs I'll skip regularly in that whole 14-year 12-album period.  That is a truly remarkable run that I'll always be grateful for. 

In the past couple of months I've really been enjoying especially Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures & Signals.  I think Hemispheres might knock Signals off the top spot for me as their best album.

Besides that:

http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.261542724.jpg

Very funny on the smurf. Goober there is not a Rush record I dislike. Their track record is stellar to me. I like RTB, Presto and Counterparts almost as well as Signals, GUP, and Power Windows. The only thing I miss from Rush are keys and guitar solos. Lifeson doesn't realize just how much those solos add to the goosebump factor because he comes up with just the right notes and phrasing. T4E and SnA are about the only records I wasn't crazy about right off the bat but both of them grew on me tremendously.

Well Snake and Arrows grew on me really well. I liked it more and more with every listen! As for T4E there are still songs (Virtuality and Dog Years) that I still can't listen to. Mostly dog Years. Some songs just grow in the opposite direction. Regardless there are still many songs from T4E I'd like to see live again. Mainly T4E which was never filmed lived!

Please guys, give us T4E on the next tour!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Mar 18 2012, 08:09 AM)
This is my first new studio album since I became a fan so I'm beyond excited.

I get kind of frustrated when people say that my liking of the newer material is blind fanboyism considering that it was the new material that got me interested in them in the first place.

I was liking the band for awhile but only really listening to the big hits. Then I stumbled into Far Cry. I couldn't believe that a band from the 70's could write such a great song in 2007! They've been basically my favorite band since then.

I hear ya. I got into the band in '06 myself and so S&A was my first "new" Rush album, despite listening to (and liking) radio singles forever.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 18 2012, 03:14 AM)

I hope CA's album artwork has a nice quiet little stream...yeah...just put one in there...and maybe it's surrounded by some happy little lilacs...right next to a great big happy tree or two....see it's not so hard to just throw those big happy trees in there....and above it all some little fluffy clouds...look at them....they're smiling right down on that happy little bunch of glory on the ground down there....yeah nice and happy.

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 18 2012, 08:07 AM)
I hope this is the long awaited Hot Space Rush album.

We've been promised a gay-disco-funk album for nigh on 3 decades now.

I've a feeling in me waters, this is gonna be it, and it's gonna be FABULOUS!!!!

Yes! That's it!! The space-disco theme. I can feel it!

I so would love a futuristic space theme. Songs about intergalactic travel, loneliness in the orbiter while peering through the hydrolock window, gazing out at the sombrero galaxy.

Edited by GeminiRising79

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 18 2012, 05:14 AM)

rofl3.gif I miss Bob Ross. Of coarse if I tried to drop a tree in there it would look like a big glob of paint. laugh.gif

There are so many great things about RUSH for me. One of them is that they have so many different sounding albums. Some bands have a sound and pretty much, that is the sound you get on every album. RUSH has material that spans so many genres like prog, classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, grunge sounding, etc. I can understand people who only like a certain style of their music, but to me, the different styles of music is why RUSH is my favorite band and I truly enjoy every album. Even the debut, which is my least favorite, I still like it. S&A's is not one of my favorites, but I like it. It's just great to have a favorite band that if your "In The Mood" (sorry) for a softer keyboard sound, you pop in HYF. If you want an angry metal sounding album pop in 2112 or Hemispheres. If you want a little of both, pop in MP. Really, those comparisons are probably different for each fan. Again, another thing that makes RUSH the best band ever.

Then you add in the guys, 3 members for 38 years. Three guys with families that never succumbed to the sex, drugs and rock and roll lifestyle, at least to the extent that it effected them as a group or their music. You have 3 guys who are all known for their playing ability. Neil is arguably the best drummer ever. Geddy, the same on bass. Then you have Alex who doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I think his willingness to try different things and to not have to be the lead all the time is something that makes RUSH great. On top of that, Alex has written some of the most famous and memorable guitar riffs ever.

Then you get to Neil and his lyrics. Granted, some fans don't like the direction he has taken, but some of those same fans got into RUSH for the lyrics. I know of one fan who hates the direction Neil has went with the lyrics, but the lyrics to Subdivisions meant alot to him. Whether you like the lyrics Neil has been writing lately or not, there is no denying that he writes from his heart and his ability to create thoughtful and moving lyrics is appareled in music.

I could go on and on about why I love RUSH.

I know some fans might read this and call me a fanboy and that's just fine with me. If anything, I am on a RUSH forum, so where else would you expect me to be?

For CA, I am very excited, but by the same token I am not expecting it to be the next 2112. It may be, but the odds are it won't. But for me, it doesn't have to be. As long as they work hard and pour their hearts out into the music, lyrics and live show, like they have for 38 years, I will not be disappointed. "In The End" (again, sorry) CA might be my least favorite RUSH album, though from the first two songs released, I highly doubt that, but if it is my least favorite, I know I will find something that I will enjoy about it. Hopefully it's the whole thing, but if not, I'm ok with that too.

Bottom line for me is, RUSH is the best band in the world and I look forward to anything they put out, even if they end up putting out Feedback II, which I don't want, I will still buy it, and depending on the songs they pick, I know I will find something good about it. While Feedback is my least favorite thing they've done, I don't even really count it when I talk about their albums, I still enjoy a few of the songs on it.

I think we should count ourselves lucky to be fans of RUSH and someday, they will quit putting out new music and touring. And that will be a sad day for me. Some may look forward to it, but to me, it will be the end of an era. The old cliche is so true, RUSH has been the soundtrack of my life (well since I was 20!).

AlexFinal.gif + NeilFinal.gif + GeddyFinal.gif = 2.gif = Greatest Band in the World!

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 18 2012, 10:02 PM)
There are so many great things about RUSH for me. One of them is that they have so many different sounding albums. Some bands have a sound and pretty much, that is the sound you get on every album. RUSH has material that spans so many genres like prog, classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, grunge sounding, etc. I can understand people who only like a certain style of their music, but to me, the different styles of music is why RUSH is my favorite band and I truly enjoy every album. Even the debut, which is my least favorite, I still like it. S&A's is not one of my favorites, but I like it. It's just great to have a favorite band that if your "In The Mood" (sorry) for a softer keyboard sound, you pop in HYF. If you want an angry metal sounding album pop in 2112 or Hemispheres. If you want a little of both, pop in MP. Really, those comparisons are probably different for each fan. Again, another thing that makes RUSH the best band ever.

Then you add in the guys, 3 members for 38 years. Three guys with families that never succumbed to the sex, drugs and rock and roll lifestyle, at least to the extent that it effected them as a group or their music. You have 3 guys who are all known for their playing ability. Neil is arguably the best drummer ever. Geddy, the same on bass. Then you have Alex who doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I think his willingness to try different things and to not have to be the lead all the time is something that makes RUSH great. On top of that, Alex has written some of the most famous and memorable guitar riffs ever.

Then you get to Neil and his lyrics. Granted, some fans don't like the direction he has taken, but some of those same fans got into RUSH for the lyrics. I know of one fan who hates the direction Neil has went with the lyrics, but the lyrics to Subdivisions meant alot to him. Whether you like the lyrics Neil has been writing lately or not, there is no denying that he writes from his heart and his ability to create thoughtful and moving lyrics is appareled in music.

I know some fans might read this and call me a fanboy and that's just fine with me. If anything, I am on a RUSH forum, so where else would you expect me to be?

For CA, I am very excited, but by the same token I am not expecting it to be the next 2112. It may be, but the odds are it won't. But for me, it doesn't have to be. As long as they work hard and pour their hearts out into the music, lyrics and live show, like they have for 38 years, I will not be disappointed. "In The End" (again, sorry) CA might be my least favorite RUSH album, though from the first two songs released, I highly doubt that, but if it is my least favorite, I know I will find something that I will enjoy about it. Hopefully it's the whole thing, but if not, I'm ok with that too.

Bottom line for me is, RUSH is the best band in the world and I look forward to anything they put out, even if they end up putting out Feedback II, which I don't want, I will still buy it, and depending on the songs they pick, I know I will find something good about it. While Feedback is my least favorite thing they've done, I don't even really count it when I talk about their albums, I still enjoy a few of the songs on it.

I think we should count ourselves lucky to be fans of RUSH and someday, they will quit putting out new music and touring. And that will be a sad day for me. Some may look forward to it, but to me, it will be the end of an era. The old cliche is so true, RUSH has been the soundtrack of my life (well since I was 20!).

AlexFinal.gif + NeilFinal.gif + GeddyFinal.gif = 2.gif = Greatest Band in the World!

goodpost.gif

Well said... couldn't have put it any better.

trink39.gif 1022.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 18 2012, 06:02 PM)

This is a great post but one could argue that there are very slight, subtle hints of negativity...Sorry Parf...if you're going to post in this thread you need to work on that. wink.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 18 2012, 08:40 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 18 2012, 06:02 PM)
There are so many great things about RUSH for me.  One of them is that they have so many different sounding albums.  Some bands have a sound and pretty much, that is the sound you get on every album.  RUSH has material that spans so many genres like prog, classic rock, hard rock, heavy metal, grunge sounding, etc.  I can understand people who only like a certain style of their music, but to me, the different styles of music is why RUSH is my favorite band and I truly enjoy every album.  Even the debut, which is my least favorite, I still like it.  S&A's is not one of my favorites, but I like it.  It's just great to have a favorite band that if your "In The Mood" (sorry) for a softer keyboard sound, you pop in HYF.  If you want an angry metal sounding album pop in 2112 or Hemispheres.  If you want a little of both, pop in MP.  Really, those comparisons are probably different for each fan.  Again, another thing that makes RUSH the best band ever. 

Then you add in the guys, 3 members for 38 years.  Three guys with families that never succumbed to the sex, drugs and rock and roll lifestyle, at least to the extent that it effected them as a group or their music.  You have 3 guys who are all known for their playing ability.  Neil is arguably the best drummer ever.  Geddy, the same on bass.  Then you have Alex who doesn't get the credit he deserves, but I think his willingness to try different things and to not have to be the lead all the time is something that makes RUSH great.  On top of that, Alex has written some of the most famous and memorable guitar riffs ever. 

Then you get to Neil and his lyrics.  Granted, some fans don't like the direction he has taken, but some of those same fans got into RUSH for the lyrics.  I know of one fan who hates the direction Neil has went with the lyrics, but the lyrics to Subdivisions meant alot to him.  Whether you like the lyrics Neil has been writing lately or not, there is no denying that he writes from his heart and his ability to create thoughtful and moving lyrics is appareled in music.

I know some fans might read this and call me a fanboy and that's just fine with me.  If anything, I am on a RUSH forum, so where else would you expect me to be? 

For CA, I am very excited, but by the same token I am not expecting it to be the next 2112.  It may be, but the odds are it won't.  But for me, it doesn't have to be.  As long as they work hard and pour their hearts out into the music, lyrics and live show, like they have for 38 years, I will not be disappointed.  "In The End" (again, sorry) CA might be my least favorite RUSH album, though from the first two songs released, I highly doubt that, but if it is my least favorite, I know I will find something that I will enjoy about it.  Hopefully it's the whole thing, but if not, I'm ok with that too.

Bottom line for me is, RUSH is the best band in the world and I look forward to anything they put out, even if they end up putting out Feedback II, which I don't want, I will still buy it, and depending on the songs they pick, I know I will find something good about it.  While Feedback is my least favorite thing they've done, I don't even really count it when I talk about their albums, I still enjoy a few of the songs on it.

I think we should count ourselves lucky to be fans of RUSH and someday, they will quit putting out new music and touring.  And that will be a sad day for me.  Some may look forward to it, but to me, it will be the end of an era.  The old cliche is so true, RUSH has been the soundtrack of my life (well since I was 20!).

AlexFinal.gif + NeilFinal.gifGeddyFinal.gif2.gif = Greatest Band in the World!

This is a great post but one could argue that there are very slight, subtle hints of negativity...Sorry Parf...if you're going to post in this thread you need to work on that. wink.gif

Thanks for the advice. laugh.gif

So let me get this straight, The Counterparts Forum is a less RUSH loving forum? I wouldn't last a day over there. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ Mar 18 2012, 08:58 AM)
I'm extremely optimistic about this new album. At the same time, I'm realistic. I don't think anyone, including the band themselves, will ever suggest that this album will be as incredible as either Moving Pictures or Permanent Waves, which in my opinion, are both perfection, from one of the worlds greatest bands, recorded in their prime.

Based on the first two tracks ( especially bu2b ), I am VERY optimistic we'll be getting some outstanding stuff on this album.

Agree with every word here.

What do I like about Rush? Pretty much everything. smile.gif