So Much Positivity

presto123

I've had enough of all this negative crap. This thread is for everything you DO like about Rush and for those of us excited for what will be Rush's best record in a long time. Rush bashers please stay out of this thread. This thread is so we can post about what we like about the band and not hear why we shouldn't like it or how much it sucks. Probably too much to ask I know. I'll start by saying I'm really thankful to have the band still making music at this point and that a concept story is something I was sure I would never see again from them. Kudos to Nick for talking them into it. 1022.gif 2.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I really enjoy Caravan and BU2B to a lesser extent. I can only wait for the album to be released before I can judge it. Until then, I'll expect it to be around the greatness of Snakes & Arrows. If it's better, I'll be very happy.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 17 2012, 11:44 PM)
So far I really enjoy Caravan and BU2B to a lesser extent. I can only wait for the album to be released before I can judge it. Until then, I'll expect it to be around the greatness of Snakes & Arrows. If it's better, I'll be very happy.

Cool. If VT had better production I think it was a pretty strong effort as well. Maybe someday they will do it justice. wink.gif

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ Mar 17 2012, 11:45 PM)
Well, I just gave my favorite Rush album (CoS) a listen and enjoyed it as much as ever, so I'm in a pretty positive mood right now. 1022.gif

When I first got into Rush I called COS the "weird" album and I mean that in a good way 1022.gif Bacchus Plateau was one of the first songs I learned on drums back in the day.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 18 2012, 12:48 AM)

Cool. If VT had better production I think it was a pretty strong effort as well. Maybe someday they will do it justice. wink.gif

I think they're planning on doing that right now.

Sometimes I'm positive because it's fun. Its infinitely more enjoyable to make a (seemingly) witty comment about an album or song I like than just shut up and not say anything. That said, people should take it for what it is. Its just my attempt at humor. When I see someone else joking positively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 18 2012, 12:01 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 18 2012, 12:48 AM)

I think they're planning on doing that right now.

Hopefully before CA, that way they can postpone it for two more years.

tongue.gif

...but seriously, I can't wait for Clockwork Angels and my expectations are pretty high. It might be the best thing since Presto.

QUOTE (Queslington @ Mar 18 2012, 01:14 AM)
Hopefully before CA, that way they can postpone it for two more years.

GTFO with your negativity.

Maybe the epic in Clockwork Angels inspires Neil to create a third book for Cygnus and we are braced for epic in 2014 when they make their 20th album.

I know a lot of people get hassled for just loving their prime period stuff, but seriously, what they did from 1976-1982 was nothing short of miraculous.

I would actually extend that bubble from 1974 to 1987 as containing all amazing material with very few minor exceptions. There are only 4 or 5 songs I'll skip regularly in that whole 14-year 12-album period. That is a truly remarkable run that I'll always be grateful for.

In the past couple of months I've really been enjoying especially Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures & Signals. I think Hemispheres might knock Signals off the top spot for me as their best album.

Besides that:

http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.261542724.jpg

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 17 2012, 11:50 PM)
Bacchus Plateau was one of the first songs I learned on drums back in the day.

Bacchus is my favorite part of Fountain and one of the catchiest pieces the band has ever written. Really cool lyrics too.

As for the upcoming album, I'm psyched for it. I love the heaviness of Caravan and BU2B and consider the band's performances of them on Time Machine to be among the highlights of the release.

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 11:02 PM)
Sometimes I'm positive because it's fun. Its infinitely more enjoyable to make a (seemingly) witty comment about an album or song I like than just shut up and not say anything. That said, people should take it for what it is. Its just my attempt at humor. When I see someone else joking positively about something I like I just laugh and move on. The general feeling I get is that we need to lighten up and stop taking other peoples' (and our) opinions so seriously, myself included.

I see what you did there tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Mar 18 2012, 12:34 AM)
I know a lot of people get hassled for just loving their prime period stuff, but seriously, what they did from 1976-1982 was nothing short of miraculous.

I would actually extend that bubble from 1974 to 1987 as containing all amazing material with very few minor exceptions. There are only 4 or 5 songs I'll skip regularly in that whole 14-year 12-album period. That is a truly remarkable run that I'll always be grateful for.

In the past couple of months I've really been enjoying especially Hemispheres, Permanent Waves, Moving Pictures & Signals. I think Hemispheres might knock Signals off the top spot for me as their best album.

Besides that:

http://img0.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.261542724.jpg

Very funny on the smurf. Goober there is not a Rush record I dislike. Their track record is stellar to me. I like RTB, Presto and Counterparts almost as well as Signals, GUP, and Power Windows. The only thing I miss from Rush are keys and guitar solos. Lifeson doesn't realize just how much those solos add to the goosebump factor because he comes up with just the right notes and phrasing. T4E and SnA are about the only records I wasn't crazy about right off the bat but both of them grew on me tremendously.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 17 2012, 10:26 PM)
With Special Guest Steven Wilson to produce it.

RUSH in 5.1???? Man that would be Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!! MP in 5.1 is mind blowing!

CA in 5.1 ??? Wouldnt that be cool. Any new RUSH is a plus in my book.

QUOTE (robertrobyn @ Mar 18 2012, 01:23 AM)

RUSH in 5.1???? Man that would be Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!! MP in 5.1 is mind blowing!

Excuse my ignorance but did SnA get a 5.1 treatment?

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 18 2012, 01:06 AM)
there is not a Rush record I dislike. Their track record is stellar to me.

Same here. Old stalwarts like Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, and Signals are among my favorite Rush albums, but so are Counterparts and Snakes & Arrows. For me, the band's nadir was Power Windows, but there are a lot of things I like about that record, and I listen to it quite often.

Lifeson doesn't realize just how much those solos add to the goosebump factor because he comes up with just the right notes and phrasing.

Agreed. The guy is too much of a team player if anything. I didn't realize how much his solos meant to the group's music until Vapor Trails was practically devoid of them. As much as I dig VT, I think it'd be even better with some of Alex's awesome soloing tossed in.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 18 2012, 06:34 AM)

The limited edition MVI version:

The album comes in a deluxe box, and includes the 13 songs on the album in hi-resolution audio, the entire album in 5.1 surround sound, a 40 minute video documentary on the making of the album, 26-page booklet (4 pages more than the otherwise identical CD booklet), wallpapers, buddy icons and an exclusive poster for fans that register the MVI copy. After several production delays, the MVI was released on June 26, 2007.

It's like Rush is a vehicle for a force much greater than themselves. So many Rush songs are like they're meant to be written. Lifeson said something like the songs on Moving Pictures seemed to write themselves. Rush's music is truly from the depths of human imagination, and I would go as far as to say it's divine. If God had a voice, it would sound like Geddy Lee. I'm not a Christian, I'm actually trying to convince you that Rush is God.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 18 2012, 03:15 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 18 2012, 06:34 AM)

The limited edition MVI version:

The album comes in a deluxe box, and includes the 13 songs on the album in hi-resolution audio, the entire album in 5.1 surround sound, a 40 minute video documentary on the making of the album, 26-page booklet (4 pages more than the otherwise identical CD booklet), wallpapers, buddy icons and an exclusive poster for fans that register the MVI copy. After several production delays, the MVI was released on June 26, 2007.

Thanks Tony R. I just have the standard CD.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b349/Ghettochip/bob-ross.jpg

I hope CA's album artwork has a nice quiet little stream...yeah...just put one in there...and maybe it's surrounded by some happy little lilacs...right next to a great big happy tree or two....see it's not so hard to just throw those big happy trees in there....and above it all some little fluffy clouds...look at them....they're smiling right down on that happy little bunch of glory on the ground down there....yeah nice and happy.

This is my first new studio album since I became a fan so I'm beyond excited.

I get kind of frustrated when people say that my liking of the newer material is blind fanboyism considering that it was the new material that got me interested in them in the first place.

I was liking the band for awhile but only really listening to the big hits. Then I stumbled into Far Cry. I couldn't believe that a band from the 70's could write such a great song in 2007! They've been basically my favorite band since then.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 18 2012, 10:07 PM)
I hope this is the long awaited Hot Space Rush album.

We've been promised a gay-disco-funk album for nigh on 3 decades now.

I've a feeling in me waters, this is gonna be it, and it's gonna be FABULOUS!!!!

http://www.kinomorgen.de/dateien/13760.2.k.jpg

There's just so much positive energy in this thread

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 18 2012, 01:20 PM)
QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Mar 18 2012, 10:07 PM)
I hope this is the long awaited Hot Space Rush album.

We've been promised a gay-disco-funk album for nigh on 3 decades now.

I've a feeling in me waters, this is gonna be it, and it's gonna be FABULOUS!!!!

http://www.kinomorgen.de/dateien/13760.2.k.jpg

There's just so much positive energy in this thread

N-R-G!!!!

N-R-G!!!!!!

Squeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mirrorballs! My favourite balls of all!!!!!

N-R-G!!!!!