You Learn Something New Every Day

Mr. Not

TIL My Parents are very patriotic, even though they hate where the country is headed.

TIL To not bother with gum, but tic tacs instead.

TIL Cutting your bangs short and keeping the rest long doesn't work so well when you have curly hair.

TIL An old friend kept one of his journals hidden in a box in my garage.

Today I learned that I really can put my laundry away if I apply myself...... 653.gif 653.gif

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 12 2012, 02:56 AM)
TIL....That I really, really, really DO hate daylight savings more with every year.

trink39.gif Cheers to that. I to hate it more and more too.. wtf.gif As if we needed 3 more weeks of this...

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Mar 12 2012, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Mar 12 2012, 02:56 AM)
TIL....That I really, really, really DO hate daylight savings more with every year.

trink39.gif Cheers to that. I to hate it more and more too.. wtf.gif As if we needed 3 more weeks of this...

I must admit it is confusing, what with an hour each time going back and forth every March and October... wacko.gif

Today I learned how to say the names of about fifteen different illegal substances in Spanish.

(From a textbook, not from the streets!)

TIL that getting antiperspirant in your eye really, really, really smarts. For a long time.

QUOTE (Janie @ Mar 11 2012, 11:20 PM)
TIL that the Girl Scouts have a new cookie - Dulce de Leche. It's a caramel cookie and it is really, really yummy.

If I peek into my crystal ball: the next new cookie will be a mango cookie.

BTW-There are 2 companies making Girl Scout Cookies, with each council deciding which one to use.

Today I learned that if I want to listen to live RUSH music while working on a paper, I need to put in a compact disc and not a DVD. No, it doesn't matter if you minimize it, you'll just end up maximizing it and before you know it you've been staring at the screen with a ridiculous grin on your face for twenty minutes and that goshdarned paper still isn't done.

TIL that John F. Kennedy carried a message from the English Ambassador to Germany from Berlin to the English in 1939 - he was bumming around Europe after college and his Father was the U.S. Ambassador to the Court of St. James. The message was: "War immanent" ph34r.gif