A Whole Single Or 30 Second Samples?

presto123

All you people posting whole album does that mean you are going to ignore samples if they post them and not listen til the record comes out? You know they are not going to put the record out without putting out a sample or single first. Everybody does that now for i tunes.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 11 2012, 09:21 PM)
All you people posting whole album does that mean you are going to ignore samples if they post them and not listen til the record comes out? You know they are not going to put the record out without putting out a sample or single first. Everybody does that now for i tunes.

i know i am. i figure if i've waiting this long to hear a new album, whats another few weeks? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:45 PM)
I actually hope they don't rerecord the two singles. I just have a bad feeling that if they did, they would somehow make it not as good. Add some geddy choirs or more Alex overdubs or something. Or something ridiculous like removing the jam from caravan. "oh that was a little too over the top for us"

Disagree if anything the new label is going to promote lengthier...more jams etcs.....

Roadrunner..come on ...look at who else they have...Dream Theatre...Mercyful Fate... etc...of course they also have zzzz...sorry Steve Miller.

Who does Atlantic have? Phil Collins...Flo Rida...Missy Elliot...Staind?

come on....if anything the new label with promote a band like Rush.

I prefer samples. We already got 2 singles. I like to be teased.

They did it with Vapor Trails, teasing I believe 3 songs. It's kind of fun I think.

Of course then I bought Vapor Trails and I wasn't too impressed, but whatever, I still like samples.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 11 2012, 04:28 PM)
It seems like everybody does that 30 second sample thing now. I think it's mainly for i tunes and Amazon and sites like that.

I hate the samples - VH did that for a bunch of the tunes of their latest release and the samples really were terrible as to getting a feel for the whole song. I think the majority of them were taken from the beginning of the song and just clipped from there.

Can you imagine 30 seconds of Necromancer/Natural Science or Xanadu.... especially the first 30 seconds?? no.gif

I'd rather get nothing. They already put out 2 singles.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Mar 12 2012, 02:24 PM)
It seems like everybody does that 30 second sample thing now. I think it's mainly for i tunes and Amazon and sites like that.

I hate the samples - VH did that for a bunch of the tunes of their latest release and the samples really were terrible as to getting a feel for the whole song. I think the majority of them were taken from the beginning of the song and just clipped from there.

Can you imagine 30 seconds of Necromancer/Natural Science or Xanadu.... especially the first 30 seconds?? no.gif

you have a point because when i first heard the beginning of the far cry sample up to where alex strums the hemispheres chord, i was excited, than i heard the rest of the song later when it came out and it was a bummer. eh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 12 2012, 02:27 PM)

you have a point because when i first heard the beginning of the far cry sample up to where alex strums the hemispheres chord, i was excited, than i heard the rest of the song later when it came out and it was a bummer. eh.gif

Wasn't a bummer for me. That song is still great and the best song on SnA. It was a bit of a bummer when I heard songs like We Hold On, Way Wind Blows, Good News First, and Hope though.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 12 2012, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 12 2012, 02:27 PM)

Wasn't a bummer for me. That song is still great and the best song on SnA. It was a bit of a bummer when I heard songs like We Hold On, Way Wind Blows, Good News First, and Hope though.

Me either - I like Far Cry. Spindrift and bluesy feel of The Way The Wind Blows are a few of my other favorites off S&A

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 11 2012, 03:01 PM)
QUOTE (Tigershark2112 @ Mar 11 2012, 12:27 PM)
And might I ask, where did you hear THIS rumor?

To answer the question, I've never been impressed by 30 second samples of anything in my life. Gimme a new song, or put out the re-recordings of Caravan/BU2B (if they did indeed record them again).

I read it on RIAB. Ed said his sources say either Roadrunner or Rush.com will release a single or samples soon.

Could you please point this out to me? Because I go to RIAB almost every day and the only thing Ed has said a couple times (with the last time being 10 days ago) is "I'm also still hoping that we'll see a single released online in the near future."

I'm hoping that too but that doesn't have anything to do with him saying there was some actual info or tip that we would get anything before the release. Which post are you referring to? Nowhere have I seen anything like "I've heard we may be getting samples soon" or anything else beyond "I hope they release something."

I mean, of course there will be 30 second samples on itunes and Amazon eventually when we get closer to release just like they do for everything else. Beyond that there's no rumors at all that I've seen and I'm pretty obsessive about following this.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Mar 11 2012, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 11 2012, 09:37 AM)
I prefer  they just put the F-n album Out already

There you go. No leaks, hints, snippets. Ruins the anticipation of the first listen after the 30 minutes it takes to get the plastic wrap off the cd.

I know there has not been anything officia, but there are many sites claiming they have the whole album Clockwork Angels leaked on .RAR or Torrent files? Anyone heard any of these things?

confused13.gif

Madonna comes out in less than two weeks and hasn't leaked and Garbage hasn't leaked either which comes out mid May.

Why are you repeating yourself? Which is it, two weeks or May?? I mean... oh, ok I see...

2.gif

QUOTE (wilb1972 @ Mar 14 2012, 07:32 AM)
Madonna comes out in less than two weeks and hasn't leaked and Garbage hasn't leaked either which comes out mid May.

Why are you repeating yourself? Which is it, two weeks or May?? I mean... oh, ok I see...

2.gif

rofl3.gif